Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Exciting!

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by averagejo View Post
    Exciting!
    As Barbossa would say ... Agreed ! .
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

• Pirates Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Here's some BIG news regarding Pirates of the Caribbean 5 ! .....
    Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is to start filming this November in Puerto Rico! .

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 to Start Shooting This November in Puerto Rico - MovieWeb.com

• Circle of Ancients

I'll still never get over how a movie that hasn't even been announced yet has 18 pages of posts despite the last 2 of the last 3 movies being absolutely terrible yet something like the "Wreck It Ralph" thread barely has 2 pages, comes out in less than 2 months and looks AMAZING!!!

To each their own I guess.

You are free to continue with your regularly scheduled thread.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I'll still never get over how a movie that hasn't even been announced yet has 18 pages of posts despite the last 2 of the last 3 movies being absolutely terrible yet something like the "Wreck It Ralph" thread barely has 2 pages, comes out in less than 2 months and looks AMAZING!!!

To each their own I guess.

You are free to continue with your regularly scheduled thread.
    I think it will be sometime next year in April 2013, that Pirates 5's movie title and release date could possibly be announced. In October 2012 next month it will be about a year, since Terry Rossio started re-writting Pirates 5 script. Plus, movie websites are now reporting that Pirates 5 will start filming in November 2012, but at the same time there are ones saying that is false information. Disney is apparently putting off the whole "Pirates 5 is starting filming in November 2012" , but i am under the impression that they are only doing that because it has not officially been announced directly by them(Disney) yet.

Edit: It has turned out according to several movie websites that, that was false information that they were to start filming in November 2012. It would more likely be that they would start filming sometime in Summer 2014, more or less around then if everything goes according to plan for Pirates 5 to happen .
    Last edited by Sean B; 10-08-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: error

I thought this was exciting enough to share!!

Keith Richards to star in Pirates 5

Channel 24
    The Rolling Stones guitarist is unsure when the next instalment of the swashbuckling franchise will start filming but he knows he will again make an appearance as Captain Teague, the father of Johnny Depp's lead character Captain Jack Sparrow
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by kkapp11 View Post
    I thought this was exciting enough to share!!

Keith Richards to star in Pirates 5

Channel 24
    The Rolling Stones guitarist is unsure when the next instalment of the swashbuckling franchise will start filming but he knows he will again make an appearance as Captain Teague, the father of Johnny Depp's lead character Captain Jack Sparrow
    I recently read about that . I think they will possibly start filming in July 2013 or after that in 2013, or maybe start filming sometime in 2014 for a 2015 theatrical release which seems more likely.
    Last edited by Sean B; 10-25-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: error

hmmm, nothing new to report?

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by averagejo View Post
    hmmm, nothing new to report?
    No, nothing new lately . Except for that interesting bit in the new Lone Ranger movie trailer, that shows a new skull with a cross sword/fire, that we've never seen before because it says in the trailer from the people who brought us.... and then it shows a new Pirates of the Caribbean skull that we've never seen before . I don't think we'll be finding out any thing for Pirates 5 for a while, because it seems by now that Pirates 5 might not be filmed until 2014 for a 2015 theatrical release, or more likely it might not be filmed until 2015 for a 2016 theatrical release unfortunately . Also, it has been over a year since Terry Rossio started the re-write of Pirates 5's script . I think we might not find out anything about the developement of Pirates 5, until after The Lone Ranger has been released to theaters sadly . That is considering the fact that Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney, probably wants to wait until after The Lone Ranger has been released to theaters, to announce something big about Pirates 5 like maybe its movie title and release date .
    Last edited by Sean B; 12-21-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: error

My one hope would be that they'd return Jack to a 'supporting' role, instead of placing him front-and-center.'

That to me was why Stranger Tides just didn't work for me (I put on a happy face when my Dad eagerly wanted to watch it, but it didn't do anything for me). Jack worked better as a character flitting from person-to-person, kind of manipulating everyone around him, and being rather ambiguous at times.

Of course, I do often wonder about the self-less loyalty Mr Gibbs has towards Jack. Gibbs was almost killed in 'Stranger Tides,' yet never stops being one of Jack's guys.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MWH1980 View Post
    My one hope would be that they'd return Jack to a 'supporting' role, instead of placing him front-and-center.'

That to me was why Stranger Tides just didn't work for me (I put on a happy face when my Dad eagerly wanted to watch it, but it didn't do anything for me). Jack worked better as a character flitting from person-to-person, kind of manipulating everyone around him, and being rather ambiguous at times.

Of course, I do often wonder about the self-less loyalty Mr Gibbs has towards Jack. Gibbs was almost killed in 'Stranger Tides,' yet never stops being one of Jack's guys.
    The reason why Johnny Depp wasn't in a supporting role instead of as the main role as Jack Sparrow in Pirates 4, was because neither Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley were there in Pirates 4 to even make that possible. Although, the new characters Philip the missionary and Syrena the Mermaid played by Sam Claflin and Astrid Berges Frisbey, were there to basically take Orlando Bloom's and Keira Knightley place but obviously as different characters.

• Hukuna Matata!

Yes another Pirates movie Premiere. This will be my third. Great times

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Yes another Pirates movie Premiere. This will be my third. Great times
    You have news of a movie premiere for Pirates 5 ?

• Banned User

Disney Enlists Screenwriter Jeff Nathanson for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5

by Dave Trumbore Posted: January 11th, 2013 at 5:27 pm

In addition to the big franchise news that Jurassic Park IV will be opening in 2014, Disney has just announced the screenwriter for Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Jeff Nathanson (Catch Me If You Can) has been tapped to pen the fifth installment of the property kept afloat by star Johnny Depp as Cap’n Jack Sparrow. Depp was “close” to signing on for the film back in 2011, but has yet to officially do so. It’s also unclear whether previous co-stars like Geoffrey Rush and Keira Knightley will return. What is clear is that the multi-billion-dollar franchise is sailing forward. Hit the jump for more on Nathanson and Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

[MORE AT THE LINK]

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Disney Enlists Screenwriter Jeff Nathanson for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5

by Dave Trumbore Posted: January 11th, 2013 at 5:27 pm

In addition to the big franchise news that Jurassic Park IV will be opening in 2014, Disney has just announced the screenwriter for Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Jeff Nathanson (Catch Me If You Can) has been tapped to pen the fifth installment of the property kept afloat by star Johnny Depp as Cap’n Jack Sparrow. Depp was “close” to signing on for the film back in 2011, but has yet to officially do so. It’s also unclear whether previous co-stars like Geoffrey Rush and Keira Knightley will return. What is clear is that the multi-billion-dollar franchise is sailing forward. Hit the jump for more on Nathanson and Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

[MORE AT THE LINK]
    That is great news ! . I thought though, that Terry Rossio had been re-writing Pirates 5 script since October 2011 . I guess Disney(the studio) and/or Jerry Bruckheimer had seen what he had been writing for Pirates 5, and they didn't like what they saw so they hired a new writer for Pirates 5 ?

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast