Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

• Pirates Fanatic

Question Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

It says now on Pirates 5's imdb.com webpage that Pirates 5's status is now in the Treatment/Outline stage. Does anyone know what Treatment/Outline means exactly ?
    Last edited by Sean B; 01-23-2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: error
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

• Banned User

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Quote Originally Posted by Sean B View Post
    It says now on Pirates 5's imdb.com webpage that Pirates 5's status is that its now in the Treatment/Outline stage. Does anyone know what Treatment/Outline means exactly ?
    Film treatment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Step outline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It just means the screenplay is in the early stages of being written.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    It just means the screenplay is in the early stages of being written.
    That is certainly good news to hear ! . I am glad to see that Pirates 5 is now in the early stages of being written . When i heard that Johnny Depp wanted to wait a while before starring in Pirates 5, i thought at first that it would be much later than 2015 that Pirates 5 would be released in .

Edit: It was changed back to the way it was on imdb.com before by someone .
    Last edited by Sean B; 01-24-2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Edit

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Hey Pirates Fans,
    Thought I'd make an appearance in this thread again, now 5 is a bit closer to reality. Nice to see some familiar names still here.

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

I believe you have to already have a script to start the screenplay...Anyway, sounds like we are moving forwards towards another pirate adventure.....yippppeeeeeee!!
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rya86n View Post
    Hey Pirates Fans,
    Thought I'd make an appearance in this thread again, now 5 is a bit closer to reality. Nice to see some familiar names still here.
    Yes, it's pretty exciting that Pirates 5 is another step closer to reality ! .

Quote Originally Posted by kkapp11 View Post
    I believe you have to already have a script to start the screenplay...Anyway, sounds like we are moving forwards towards another pirate adventure.....yippppeeeeeee!!
    I believe Jeff Nathanson is now the one who's writing Pirates 5's script . The people at Disney didn't like Terry Rossio's re-written script for some unknown reason .

• Banned User

I believe you have to already have a script to start the screenplay
    The script and the screenplay are the exact same thing. They're synonyms. There is a process for writing one, though. It usually begins with either a step outline or a treatment (as I mentioned above), then often what's called a "scriptment," and then the first draft of the actual screenplay (script) is written. Usually this screenplay is revised, often through multiple drafts, as well as through individual scene or section rewrites, until an acceptable shooting script is made. The screenplay is further reshaped and edited as production begins and proceeds; dialogue is reworked, scenes are added, deleted, rewritten, or altered as needed, as are various individual shots. Once principal photography has completed, post-production begins, which includes editing. Editing is where further changes are made, which may or may not result in major differences from the shooting script, until the final cut is delivered.

@Retrocool~Thank you for clarifying those terms for me, I have not had a true understanding of these terms and meanings. I shall hopefully remember and be gleeful as this pirate journey progresses....!
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

a LITTLE REASURANCE Courtesy of DEPPIMPACT.COM~
    Listed under "upcoming movies"

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5
    In an interview with Matt McDaniel of Movie Talk on January 29, 2013, Jerry Bruckheimer revealed they were working with screenwriter Jeff Nathanson on a script for the fifth movie of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. "We're very excited about where we're at," said Bruckheimer. "We've pitched the story to Johnny who liked it a lot. So far, so good."

Anticipated Release Dates:
    July 10, 2015

• Pirates Fanatic

a LITTLE REASURANCE Courtesy of DEPPIMPACT.COM~
    Listed under "upcoming movies"

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5
    In an interview with Matt McDaniel of Movie Talk on January 29, 2013, Jerry Bruckheimer revealed they were working with screenwriter Jeff Nathanson on a script for the fifth movie of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. "We're very excited about where we're at," said Bruckheimer. "We've pitched the story to Johnny who liked it a lot. So far, so good."
    Anticipated Release Dates:
    July 10, 2015
    kkapp11,
    I heard about that news that Johnny Depp read and liked the story for Pirates 5, that was pitched to him which is very good thing that he liked it. Now it is like we're another step closer to Pirates 5 happening and "of course" with Johnny Depp returning ! . Also, did you notice that Terry Rossio wasn't mentioned when Jerry said what he said about Jeff Nathanson working on the script ? I wonder if that means that Terry Rossio is no longer involved with Pirates 5's script . I wonder if Jeff Nathanson is starting from scratch on Pirates 5's script by himself .
    Last edited by Sean B; 03-29-2013 at 08:59 PM.

• Pirates Fanatic

Its just been 'hinted' that Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will be filming scenes in Hawaii ! . http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/b...e-of-four.html

Here's what it says on an article on bizjournal.com :
    Disney’s fourth “Pirates of the Caribbean,” movie was filmed in Hawaii, and it’s been “hinted” the franchise will come back for the fifth film, scheduled to be released in 2015.

As for when that will be that they start filming, is yet to be announced.

• Pirates Fanatic

Someone on the imdb.com thread for Pirates 5 has posted something pretty interesting, about a director or maybe I should say directors for Pirates 5. Here it is below:

"The directors of the oscar nominated film, Kon-Tiki, are rumored to direct Pirates 5. It was reported last week that Jerry Bruckheimer wanted the two directors to say yes to the project, but the thing is that they were already planning to shoot a film back in Norway, but earlier today, it was reported that the two directors left the project and now it's rumored that they left because they've said yes to make Pirates 5.
    I really hope this is true because they are both great directors, and they have also have experience on how to make a movie out on open sea without using too much cgi.
    EDIT: Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, their names are Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg."

Here's a link below to the original post from Pirates 5's imdb.com message board:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790809/boa ... /214648720

Edit: Well, It appears to be that the director duo who were recently rumored to be the ones directing Pirates 5, are in fact that the directors that will be directing Pirates 5. The director duo that I am referring to are Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg. Here's a link to the website that has been translated from the Norwegian language to English, that says that it has been confirmed that they are in fact directing Pirates 5 . > www.dagbladet.no/2013/05/16/kultur/film/beatles/joachim_ronning/espen_sandberg/27203156/ - Translator
    Last edited by Sean B; 05-30-2013 at 08:53 PM.

• Pirates Fanatic

Question Question

I assume that since Pirates of the Caribbean 5's full movie was not announced at the live action Disney movie part of the D23 Expo event on August 11th 2013, that they will be announcing it either in January 2014 when filming begins on Pirates 5 ? Or at the next San Diego Comic-com that takes place from July 24th-27th in 2014 ?
    Last edited by Sean B; 08-11-2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: re-edited post

• Pirates Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

It's official everyone ! Pirates of the Caribbean 5's full movie title is going to be announced at the 2014 San Diego Comic-con in July 2014 ! -> Comic-Con: Looking Ahead To 2014

Also, Here's Pirates 5's filming dates ->http://www.featurefilmcasting.com/20...ture-film.html . Its is going to be filming from January 27th 2014 to July 3rd 2014. Also, If you noticed that it says 'January 27th 2013' on there instead of 'January 27th 2014' as its filming start date, just disregard that because that is a typo made by the person wrote down the article in the website link.
    Last edited by Sean B; 08-16-2013 at 02:05 PM.

• Pirates Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Well, Its officially been announced ! , and sooner then I was sure it would be announced . Pirates of the Caribbean 5's full movie title is..... Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men tell No Tales .

Source: Exclusive: And The Title Of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5 Will Be... - This Is Infamous
    Last edited by Sean B; 08-23-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast