Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 LastLast

• Infinitized!

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Quote Originally Posted by Sean B View Post
    Well, Its officially been announced ! . Pirates of the Caribbean 5's full movie title is..... Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men tell No Tales .

Source: Exclusive: And The Title Of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5 Will Be... - This Is Infamous
    Hopefully I can rename the thread with the new title.

I just hope they don't announce that Jack Sparrow has been recast with Ben Affleck.

*Edited* Hmm, odd. couldn't change the title. Perhaps a mod could do it for us?

Hopefully they'll reveal the skull poster soon!
    Last edited by Barbossa; 08-23-2013 at 06:06 PM.

I just read this in an update this morning, and I am thrilled!!
    To say the least!! WooHoo! Let the Filming begin!! There is also postings for movie extras up on the internet!!
    (I have a new phone and I couldn't find my password to MiceChat, so I had to reset, what an ordeal cause the after using an Iphone this samsung is like a foreign country!!)
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

• Infinitized!

I would like to see Pintel and Ragetti back for this one.

So, I wonder what this means for the parks? Any additions to the ride? Improvements to the island? Movie premier at the park again?

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Hopefully I can rename the thread with the new title.

I just hope they don't announce that Jack Sparrow has been recast with Ben Affleck.

*Edited* Hmm, odd. couldn't change the title. Perhaps a mod could do it for us?

Hopefully they'll reveal the skull poster soon!
    No, Johnny Depp has already been confirmed to be returning as Captain Jack Sparrow . At this point I highly doubt we can have a Pirates of the Caribbean movie with out Johnny Depp starring in it. Maybe they'll reveal the skull teaser poster on December 12th 2014 when the upcoming 2014 Disney movie called Tomorrowland is released to theaters and maybe even a teaser trailer for Pirates 5 ?
    Last edited by Sean B; 08-27-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by kkapp11 View Post
    I just read this in an update this morning, and I am thrilled!!
    To say the least!! WooHoo! Let the Filming begin!! There is also postings for movie extras up on the internet!!
    (I have a new phone and I couldn't find my password to MiceChat, so I had to reset, what an ordeal cause the after using an Iphone this samsung is like a foreign country!!)
    I found these recently about casting for Pirates 5 -> Walt Disney Pictures feature film 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' auditions and casting calls | Disney Casting and also this -> 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' auditions getting underway - Los Angeles Acting Auditions | Examiner.com .

• Pirates Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales starts filming in February 2014 instead of in January 2014.

From part of a recent interview with Pirates 5's directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg:

http://www.craveonline.com/film/inte...nd-pirates-5/2

How far along in prep are you right now? Joachim Ronning: We’re shooting in February so we’ve been on the gig for almost three months already. So we’re here.
    Last edited by Sean B; 09-16-2013 at 11:57 AM.

• Pirates Fanatic

Here's part of a new article from thisisinfamous.com with an interview, with Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg:
    http://thisisinfamous.com/interview-kon ... -sandberg/
    The Kidd – You’re linked and attached to the future of THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN series and with the 2015 release date already announced, I was curious as to what the state of the script was, and kind of a time table for heading into production in order to make that release date.

Espen Sandberg – Yeah. We’re in great shape with the script. It’s really, really good. It’s Jeff Nathanson’s. It’s very funny, and it’s also a very touching script, actually. So we’re very happy with the collaboration we have with him and with Bruckheimer and Disney, and we’re planning now that we’ll begin to shoot at the beginning of next year. We’re already a few months into pre-production.

The Kidd – Is there a name for it other than PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5 at this point?

Joachim Rønning – Yeah. DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES.

The Kidd – Oh, okay! Is it going to link back to the other films as well or is this going to be its own adventure?

Espen Sandberg – Both! [Laughs]

Joachim Rønning – We can’t really go into that. I think what we can say is that we’re very much inspired by the first film and the purity of that.

The Kidd – Alright, guys. Thank you very much, I really enjoyed the film very much. It was a lot of fun to watch, and I look forward to seeing what you take is on the PIRATES material.

Joachim Rønning – Great, thank you so much.

• Pirates Fanatic

It looks as if Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales will start filming in Fall 2014 for its new estimated Summer 2016 theatrical release, now that it won't start filming in its original February 2014/March 2014 production start date for its original July 10th 2015 theatrical release -> http://variety.com/2013/film/news/disne ... 200606767/
    The fifth “Pirates” installment, which is directed by “Kon-Tiki” helmers Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, is slated to begin production in the fall of 2014. Pic’s start date originally was set for the first quarter, though the studio needed more time in development.

• Whip cracker

Yeah I was disappointed to hear that it had been pushed back a year. But I hope they fine tune the script and story and make it really good.
    If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones ... and Disneyland

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIndy7 View Post
    Yeah I was disappointed to hear that it had been pushed back a year. But I hope they fine tune the script and story and make it really good.
    It looks like they are indeed fine tuning the script's story/lot to make it really good . Here are 12 possible Plot details that I've come across for Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales, that I've found from more then one movie website as of recently:

Warning: Major Spoilers Below!!!!!

1) The movie will reveal the origin of the infamous Jack Sparrow and see how the various actions that led to young Jack becoming a legendary pirate also in motion a long simmering plot vengeance that will threaten his life and the Seven Seas.

2) Our villain is the wicked Ghost Captain John Brand, who in life was the most feared Pirate Hunter of all. Left in limbo in the haunted waters of the Devil's Triangle, Brand finds a way to escape and will now stop at nothing to have his revenge on Captain Jack.

3) Geoffrey Rush will return as Hector Barbossa, whose own past comes back to haunt him in unexpected ways. Jack the monkey also returns to annoy Jack with his tricks and antics.

4) Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) reappears in a pivotal roe that will help decide Jack's fate, as well as create a new destiny for himself.

5) The only thing that could stop the rampaging villain, Ghost Captain John Brand from destroying the world as we know it is mythical Trident of Poseidon. Captain Jack must do everything in his power to find it.

6) Sparrow will reluctantly team up with a beautiful young astronomer Carina, the only person qualified to find the thing that could stop the rampaging villain, Ghost Captain John Brand. A brash young British officer, Henry Maddox, will intercept Jack in his journey and fall head over heels for Carina in the process.
    7) (Captain?) Jack Sparrow will have a new female counterpart, who is "suspected of witchcraft, she's actually a woman of science." The sexual tension between them is described as being "one sided."

8) There are, in fact, real witches in Nathanson's script and they are essential to the narrative; albeit, the spell-casters are said to have "somewhat less of a hoodoo flavouring" (so probably no Tia Dalma appearance, especially after what happened in At World's End).

9) One of the main characters will be the ghost of a British military recruit, who goes on a revenge mission with the still-living Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush). This subplot is where the movie got its subtitle from.

10) No Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) or Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley); instead, the stock young couple this time will be "from farming families".

11) The film will open with a "rather awkward wedding" (Does Jack get cold feel? Or is he a literal wedding crasher?)

12) Part of the main storyline incorporates elements from the Bermuda Triangle myth.
    Last edited by Sean B; 10-16-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Just read this on Facebook, and I must say I am Thrilled!!
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

• Pirates Fanatic

Just read this on Facebook, and I must say I am Thrilled!!
    Where on Facebook did you read it ?

Sean, it was on Facebook, on, "Pirate of the Caribbean"
    the quote was posted yesterday...it has moved me to listen to the soundtracks!!
    More POTC, please?!! And More Jack!!

• Pirates Fanatic

Sean, it was on Facebook, on, "Pirate of the Caribbean"
    the quote was posted yesterday...it has moved me to listen to the soundtracks!!
    More POTC, please?!! And More Jack!!
    Oh, I see. But, There are more then one Pirates of the Caribbean facebook webpages with that name, so i'm not really quite sure which one you're referring to . Could you please give me a link to it ?
    Last edited by Sean B; 11-05-2013 at 10:24 AM.

• Pirates Fanatic

Question Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

It was just announced today that Alice in Wonderland 2 has been given a May 27th 2016 theatrical release date, so could that mean that Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales will get a July 2016 theatrical release date when it will be given a theatrical release date ?

If it does just so happen to eventually get a July 2016 release date, I think the most likely release date it could be given is Friday July 22nd 2016. Which would ironically be almost 2 months after Alice in Wonderland 2 is released to theaters on Friday May 27th 2016 ! .
    Last edited by Sean B; 11-24-2013 at 09:55 PM.