Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

it would be great to have Angelica back in the story, but my understanding is that there will be a new love interest for Jack.....we should be getting some leaks in the future.....Disney should allow it just to keep our interest perked!!
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by kkapp11 View Post
    it would be great to have Angelica back in the story, but my understanding is that there will be a new love interest for Jack.....we should be getting some leaks in the future.....Disney should allow it just to keep our interest perked!!
    that sparrow is sure is a pimp lol.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by kkapp11 View Post
    That is what I am thinking as well. As for Angelica, She won't be coming back, as far as we know at this point.
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

• Pirates Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Here is a new video interview with Jerry Bruckheimer talking about Pirates 5 at the 3:37 second mark of the video . It is from the Bloomberg tv channel that he was interviewed at sometime recently .
    Cruise Fights Drones in New 'Top Gun': Bruckheimer: Video - Bloomberg

• Pirates Fanatic

I found this new article posted on screenrant.com today: Disney Head Talks ‘Pirates of the Caribbean 5′ , that I thought I'd share with everyone:
    Disney Head Talks 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5'; No 'Frozen' Sequel in Development
    There’ve been three movies released under the Disney banner these past 3-4 years to gross more than $1 billion at the global box office (excluding Marvel Studios titles and Pixar films); Alice in Wonderland, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and Frozen. While the Mouse House is moving full speed ahead with an Alice sequel for 2016, followups to the other aforementioned titles are either slower-moving or non-existent (… at the moment, anyway).
    Pirates of the Caribbean 5 – tentatively titled Pirates of the Caribbean:
    Dead Men Tell No Tales – had originally been eyed for a Summer 2015 release, but ended up being delayed for additional development; more recently, the news emerged that the project hasn’t been green-lit yet. Jeff Nathanson (Tower Heist) is still working on the film’s script, though earlier this month producer Jerry Bruckheimer voiced his confidence that the screenplay could be in shooting shape in time for production to start by Fall 2014 (in order to make a Summer 2016 release).

Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn spoke at the Bloomberg Business of Entertainment Breakfast this morning, where he spoke about upcoming projects such as the hotly-anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII. He was asked about Bruckheimer’s claim that Pirates 5 could being filming this fall, to which Horn replied (via THR):
    “It’s possible. We haven’t seen a screenplay yet that I’ve been able to sign off on… There’s a lot of variables that effect the final outcome once it leaves the studio lot, so we are very careful.”

Bruckheimer ended his longtime first-look deal with Disney last year, so that may be part of the reason that Pirates 5 is progressing along slower than expected. Not to mention, Pirates franchise lead Johnny Depp’s last Disney genre blockbuster, The Lone Ranger, lost the studio a bundle and his expensive sci-fi thriller Transcendence is currently under-performing at the box office. Combine that with the fourth Pirates installment being the most critically-derided film in the series yet – diminishing the goodwill earned by previous chapters (okay, at least the first movie) – and Disney has all the more reason to be cautious about charging full-steam ahead on this project.

Frozen, on the other hand, is a film that the Mouse House is rapidly developing into a multi-platform franchise – just not one that includes additional movie installments, at this time. Horn, at the Bloomberg event, said that the Disney company is hard at work turning Frozen into a Broadway stage musical – following in the footsteps of previous hit Disney animated musicals like Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King – but that a film sequel “hadn’t even been discussed.”
    The Oscar-winning Frozen makes sense as the basis for a stage musical; besides featuring a cast that includes major Broadway alum, the film’s narrative has a structure befitting a Broadway show – with its show-stopping tune, “Let It Go”, being very much a descendant of the Broadway school of music. As far as movie sequels go, arguably fellow animated feature Wreck-It Ralph creates a world that is ripe for further exploration – hence we’re happy knowing that Wreck-It Ralph 2 is in the works – far more than Frozen does (which seems perfectly fine as a self-contained story).
    That said, Frozen still did earn over $1 billion in theaters around the globe, so it’s doubtful that most anyone will be surprised if a sequel conversation does, in fact, get started sometime down the line…
    The reason why Pirates 5 seems stalled is because Disney Chairman Alan Horn and Bob Iger have not seen the script for Pirates 5, because the script writer that is writing its script 'Jeff Nathanson' is still writing the script.
    Last edited by Sean B; 04-22-2014 at 04:52 PM.

• Pirates Fanatic

Pirates 5's filming may be delayed from starting to film in December 2014 to some time in early 2015
    Johnny Depp in Negotiations to Star as Houdini in Lionsgate Film (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter
    From the article:
    Alice 2, also known as Through the Looking Glass, will shoot next, after he finishes the Whitey Bulger crime drama Black Mass. The only question is whether Secret Life of Houdini will shoot before Pirates 5. Lionsgate is eyeing a November 2014 start, which would push Pirates' production to early 2015.
    Also...

Pirates 5 is now said to start filming in early 2015 by Jerry Bruckheimer, in this very brief video of Jerry Bruckheimer speaking about Pirates 5 -> http://archive.firstcoastnews.com/video ... 6461555001

There is also these:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/pirates-5-shoots-early-2015/

http://www.movieweb.com/news/pirates...-in-early-2015

And...

This article say that Pirates 5 could be ready to be released by Friday May 20th 2016 ->
    http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/7588...not-confirmed/ Although, I'm not quite sure its 100% percent accurate because only that website is listing that date as its release date, and Disney has not announced the release date for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales as of yet.
    Last edited by Sean B; 06-29-2014 at 11:50 AM.

I, for one, cannot get updates Fast Enough!! This is dragging out to long for me! I also Loved the Lone Ranger, I found it delightful!! Comeon Jerry Brukheimer put the pressure on those Disney Dweebs and lets get this show on the road!!
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

This is from the IMDP website.....

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 5:

IN DEVELOPMENT since Dec 6, 2010. Data is subject to change or removal. Update page » SUMMARY The fifth installment of the blockbuster franchise that follows the adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Filmmakers (19)

ROLENAME

See all filmmakers & crew (19) »

Cast sort by: Default Cast Order Name STARmeter Known For

NAMESTARMETERKNOWN FOR

• Minion

Official confirmation of the release date

Walt Disney Studios has just made it official: The fifth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean will come to theaters on July 7, 2017!
    Raise a Black Flag! A New Pirates of the Caribbean Film Is Coming | Disney Insider

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Is it really not coming out till 2017? That's too long to wait to see Captain Jack Sparrow in action again.

• "What is thy bidding?"

yawn......4 Pirates movies are more than enough....They should have stopped after the Third installment. The fourth seemed to be lackluster. a fifth will be painfully dull....

Sorry but I have to disagree. I absolutely loved the 4th one. One of my favorites in fact.

• Infinitized!

First look at the set in Australia...

• Minion

Confirmation on the plot

Disney released an official synopsis for the movie:

"Thrust into an all-new adventure, a down-on-his-luck Captain Jack Sparrow finds the winds of ill-fortune blowing even more strongly when deadly ghost pirates led by his old nemesis, the terrifying Captain Salazar (Javier Bardem), escape from the Devil's Triangle, determined to kill every pirate at sea… including him.

"Captain Jack's only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon, a powerful artefact that bestows upon its possessor total control over the seas."
    -digitalspy.co.uk

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Confirmation on the plot

-digitalspy.co.uk
    The plot sounds really great ! . And dare I say, even better then Pirates 4's plot sounded when it had first been revealed, even though Pirates 4 turned out to be a great addition to the Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise .

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast