Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Pirates Fanatic

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

Quote Originally Posted by Angelica Teach View Post
    YES!!!!!! Pirate fans rejoice!!! I wonder if Terry already knows what movie 5 wil be about (probably )
    If he does, then maybe he is further along on writing the script then we thought he was ? .
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Pirates 5 is in the works!

PIRATES 5 Development Begins - Mania.com
    I thought this was a joke so glad it's not.

• Sock Puppet

Soo.. What's going to happen if they aren't released?

• Sock Puppet

away themselves tot he disney vault wherein retired vhs and dvd sets

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Angelica Teach View Post
    YES!!!!!! Pirate fans rejoice!!! I wonder if Terry already knows what movie 5 wil be about (probably )
    at the very least he has done a Script Treatment so Disney/Bruckheimer gets a general sense of where he wants to take the direction of 5... a script treatment is basically a scene by scene breakdown without dialogue , Assuming Disney/Bruckheimer agree and like the vision he is selling them he probably is at the next step which is actually working on a script and fleshing out , depending on the success of four , Five/six might be filmed at the same time

• Minion

Umm, so I haven't read all the posts, but are there any article that talk about a 5th film? Or are we just assuming that it will happen?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Umm, so I haven't read all the posts, but are there any article that talk about a 5th film? Or are we just assuming that it will happen?
    Yes, there are several articles about a Pirates 5 in the works on movie websites, if you go to google news and search for news on "Pirates of the Caribbean 5", you will find there that several movie websites now have news about Pirates 5 and even a Pirates 6, because they are planning filming Pirates 5 and Pirates 6 back to back. But, that all depends on the success of Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides in the box office world wide.
    Last edited by Sean B; 01-15-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: error

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sean B View Post
    Yes, there are several articles about a Pirates 5 in the works on movie websites, if you go to google news and search for news on "Pirates of the Caribbean 5", you will find there that several movie websites now have news about Pirates 5 and even a Pirates 6, because they are planning filming Pirates 5 and Pirates 6 back to back. But, that all depends on the success of Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides in the box office world wide.
    Would the new movies be similar to PotC:OST in that it can be a stand alone movie with only a few repeat characters (like only Jack, Barbossa, and Gibbs)? This is honestly the way I would prefer they make it, IMHO they only have 3 PotC stories since in reality At Worlds End is a direct sequel to Dead Man's Chest.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Pirates Fanatic

Would the new movies be similar to PotC:OST in that it can be a stand alone movie with only a few repeat characters (like only Jack, Barbossa, and Gibbs)? This is honestly the way I would prefer they make it, IMHO they only have 3 PotC stories since in reality At Worlds End is a direct sequel to Dead Man's Chest.
    Well, Pirates 4 is a sequel to Pirates 3, and if anything they will make Pirates 5 a sequel to Pirates 4. They are planning on making up to a Pirates 6, and will most likely stop there. Each time they come out with a new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, it's a sequel to the one from before it, and it doesn't look right now like they will do anything different with a possible Pirates 5 and Pirates 6, when it comes to having to do with if it's a sequel or something else, the next two movies are probably going to be sequels, not anything different then that. Although, they may decide to some kind of spin-off type of movie, based on one of the main Pirates of the Caribbean characters, if that's what they'll decide to do once the Pirates of the Caribbean movies are finished being made, meaning when once they go up to a possible Pirates 6, and then comes like spin off movies about one of the main Pirates of the Caribbean Pirates from the first four movies, which is what i am pretty sure i remember hearing about before, that they would be doing, i am not entirely sure though about that, because i could be wrong, because it wasn't very recently when i had heard about it unfortunately.
    Last edited by Sean B; 01-15-2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: add a word

• Minion

Well, Pirates 4 is a sequel to Pirates 3, and if anything they will make Pirates 5 a sequel to Pirates 4. They are planning on making up to a Pirates 6, and will most likely stop there. Each time they come out with a new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, it's a sequel to the one from before it, and it doesn't look right now like they will do anything different with a possible Pirates 5 and Pirates 6, when it comes to having to do with if it's a sequel or something else, the next two movies are probably going to be sequels, not anything different then that. Although, they may decide to some kind of spin-off type of movie, based on one of the main Pirates of the Caribbean characters, if that's what they'll decide to do once the Pirates of the Caribbean movies are finished being made, meaning when once they go up to a possible Pirates 6, and then comes like spin off movies about one of the main Pirates of the Caribbean Pirates from the first four movies, which is what i am pretty sure i remember hearing about before, that they would be doing, i am not entirely sure though about that, because i could be wrong, because it wasn't very recently when i had heard about it unfortunately.
    Well what I mean is that when you think about it, Black Pearl can stand completely alone.

Dead Man's Chest feeds everything that happens in At World's End and are 1 long story (the defeat of Davy Jones, Cutler Beckett, and Will freeing his father.

On Stranger Tides looks to not be directly related to the 3 previous movies and can therefore stand on its own, just loosely and with what, 4 returning actors?

I would hope that Pirates 5 can be a stand alone story (using at least Jack and Gibbs)

I also hope if they do a 6th that it too can stand alone and again at least have Jack and Gibbs.

So yes, they are all inter-connected, not only by the ride but Jack and Gibbs, and maybe Barbossa, but I want them to have a short enough story to tell it in just one movie, not make the 2-movie thing because I hate extreme cliff-hangers that make you wait for the next to come.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Pirates Fanatic

Well what I mean is that when you think about it, Black Pearl can stand completely alone.

Dead Man's Chest feeds everything that happens in At World's End and are 1 long story (the defeat of Davy Jones, Cutler Beckett, and Will freeing his father.

On Stranger Tides looks to not be directly related to the 3 previous movies and can therefore stand on its own, just loosely and with what, 4 returning actors?

I would hope that Pirates 5 can be a stand alone story (using at least Jack and Gibbs)

I also hope if they do a 6th that it too can stand alone and again at least have Jack and Gibbs.

So yes, they are all inter-connected, not only by the ride but Jack and Gibbs, and maybe Barbossa, but I want them to have a short enough story to tell it in just one movie, not make the 2-movie thing because I hate extreme cliff-hangers that make you wait for the next to come.
    Yes, i hate cliff-hangers as well, but i like when a movie is to have a sequel, and it doesn't leave us hanging, wondering what happends where it cuts off at the end. When cliff-hangers happen to movies that i like, i hate that because then the next movie would take long to be released, or at least that's the way it seems when that kind of thing happends, when it's a movie or movie franchise that i like. When a movie is originally expected to be a stand alone movie and then ends up with a sequel, i like that, but when when a movie is released and it's set up to have a sequel, and then it leaves us hanging at the end, and the movie possibly takes long to be made and released, that is what don't like to see happen to movies. Delays on movies being made, especially the ones i want to see, is what i really really hate to see happen to sequels . Sometimes there are movies being made, and then they get delayed and it might be a movie i want to see, and it gets delayed and some times the movie never gets made and released after being delayed. But, that has not happened in a long time to a movie, that i would wanted to see the theaters, it's been so long that that's happened, that i don't even remember what the movie was. Also, you mentioned about you wanting Pirates 5 and 6 to have only Jack and Gibbs, what about Barbossa and the rest of the "main" new actors/actresses ?
    Last edited by Sean B; 09-02-2012 at 08:34 PM.

• apple power

i wonder what will be the subject of this sequel

• Minion

Also, you mentioned about you wanting Pirates 5 and 6 to have only Jack and Gibbs, what about Barbossa and the rest of the "main" new actors/actresses ? .
    I wouldn't mind Barbossa depending on what happens to him in this one (for all we know he dies), as for other characters, maybe Captain Teague if in tastefully, maybe the new girl if possible, but I want more of the famous pirates historical Pirates (Davy Jones and Blackbeard come to mind here but I want more of them)
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by frenchpirategirl View Post
    i wonder what will be the subject of this sequel
    I was recently wondering about that too, and i have not been able to come up with any idea for that, about what it will be about .

• Pirates Fanatic

I wouldn't mind Barbossa depending on what happens to him in this one (for all we know he dies), as for other characters, maybe Captain Teague if in tastefully, maybe the new girl if possible, but I want more of the famous pirates historical Pirates (Davy Jones and Blackbeard come to mind here but I want more of them)
    I doubt that Davy Jones will be back, although he can't be completely ruled out, considering Barbossa came back at the end of Pirates 2.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast