Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5

The Curse that WILL NEVER END!!!

Love the fact how people don't want alcohol in any Disney theme park's but Jack is a straight up alcoholic with Gay undertones (not that I don't mind a swing down there) =) Gotta love the bigots.
    Last edited by JMora; 07-06-2011 at 11:34 PM.

• Minion

From Jerry Bruckheimer's Twitter

@BRUCKHEIMERJB
    To answer many Que: we do have a draft and are working on #PiratesoftheCaribbean5 Hope everyone will be on board for another Adventure.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I was just about to post that!

• Pirates Fanatic

I can't wait for Pirates 5 !!!!! .
    Captain Jack Sparrow: Marina!.....Please Don't!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sean B View Post
    I think i remember seeing that video on MiceChat'.com's Pirates 4 thread, or maybe i posted it there a long while back ago . It looks to me like things are working out good, for Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and with Johnny Depp returning.
    I wonder if the actor has ever made a comment as to the reason behind his interest in starring in all the Pirates movies...from the beginning flick to the present ones. I always thought he was on record as being highly critical of American culture and its lack thereof.

Considering Disney is about as iconic as it gets when it comes to being a piece of American culture, and considering his attitude about that culture, I'm surprised he'd be involved with such a commercially, American enterprise created by Disney.

• Peter Caldwell

11433 Addisleigh Park, New York, NY 10601

I am a great fan of Pirates of the Caribbean. I have seen all the parts of Pirates of the Caribbean.

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    I wonder if the actor has ever made a comment as to the reason behind his interest in starring in all the Pirates movies...from the beginning flick to the present ones. I always thought he was on record as being highly critical of American culture and its lack thereof.

Considering Disney is about as iconic as it gets when it comes to being a piece of American culture, and considering his attitude about that culture, I'm surprised he'd be involved with such a commercially, American enterprise created by Disney.
    Yes, he has made a comment before about why he likes starring in these Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and he has said that it's because he does it for the fans.

• Pirate Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post

Johnny simply loves portraying Captain Jack...for himself AND the fans. He said that "he was so much fun to play as" and others in numerous articles. He could've quit after AWE, but because of the story for the fourth being good, he decided to return...though safe to say, he actually was part of the screenwriting process a bit earlier in production of OST (as he was credited in creating the character Philip Swift).

As for Pirates 5, however, is still yet to be decided...as said in the very last sentence of this news article:
    By the way, insiders have denied a story in The Wrap story that Depp is set for a fifth Pirates of the Caribbean
    So right now, Johnny Depp is NOWHERE near a done deal for Pirates 5 yet. But there is a glimmer of hope. If Terry Rossio's script is good enough to Johnny, he'll return. And no amount of money would make Johnny think otherwise(all that "Johnny's a sellout for Pirates" baloney just makes me sick ).

Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
    My Userpage at POTC Wiki

• apple power

So right now, Johnny Depp is NOWHERE near a done deal for Pirates 5 yet. But there is a glimmer of hope. If Terry Rossio's script is good enough to Johnny, he'll return. And no amount of money would make Johnny think otherwise(all that "Johnny's a sellout for Pirates" baloney just makes me sick ).
    aye !!! agree !!
    but if the script isn't good enough, I think Johnny will give his opinion and give new idea (as with other movies)

• Pirates Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by frenchpirategirl View Post
    aye !!! agree !!
    but if the script isn't good enough, I think Johnny will give his opinion and give new idea (as with other movies)
    If that were to happen where he would give his own opinion and/or ideas for the script, then that would be better then him not being in Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CJSFan View Post
    Ummm, Jerry Bruckheimer is the one I'm following and he has said that things are looking good for Pirates 5. I don't know which insiders you are referencing.

---------- Post added 07-12-2011 at 03:34 PM ----------

Direct from Jerry Bruckheimer's twitter stream:

@BRUCKHEIMERJB: This time tomorrow, Iíll have a special #PiratesoftheCaribbean announcement just for my fans. #PIRATESLIFE @DisneyPirates
    Last edited by mickeyfan42; 07-12-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Pirates Fanatic

Ummm, Jerry Bruckheimer is the one I'm following and he has said that things are looking good for Pirates 5. I don't know which insiders you are referencing.

---------- Post added 07-12-2011 at 03:34 PM ----------

Direct from Jerry Bruckheimer's twitter stream:
    mickeyfan42,
    Thank you for that information about a special announcement from Jerry Bruckheimer. I hope it will be something good about Pirates of the Caribbean 5 . I wonder if he'll mention it on his Twitter webpage, when he reveals what it is tomorrow .

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sean B View Post
    mickeyfan42,
    Thank you for that information about a special announcement from Jerry Bruckheimer. I hope it will be something good about Pirates of the Caribbean 5 . I wonder if he'll mention it on his Twitter webpage, when he reveals what it is tomorrow .
    He just said that it may have something to do with the mermaids
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Pirate Guru

I follow Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp. And as they haven't said anything about Johnny Depp's return, I refuse to believe anything is truly happening yet. The news of Johnny getting close to a deal from The Wrap is completely false...mostly because not all of the reliable news articles showed this themselves(neither ComingSoon nor Collider). So unless if there was any news articles that didn't take their source from The Wrap, I say that the news was bogus.

Jerry Bruckheimer said things are looking good for Pirates 5, but did he say anything about discussing things with Depp OR Depp actually being in it. No. So until I hear the words "Johnny Depp is back" from Jerry or Johnny himself, I will believe that everything else is false. I take my POTC-related news VERY seriously.

Captain Jack Sparrow: "Now...Bring me that horizon."
    My Userpage at POTC Wiki

• Pirates Fanatic

He just said that it may have something to do with the mermaids
    Maybe it has something to do with a "Pirates of the Caribbean Mermaid spin-off" type of movie then ?

Quote Originally Posted by CJSFan View Post
    I follow Jerry Bruckheimer and Johnny Depp. And as they haven't said anything about Johnny Depp's return, I refuse to believe anything is truly happening yet. The news of Johnny getting close to a deal from The Wrap is completely false...mostly because not all of the reliable news articles showed this themselves(neither ComingSoon nor Collider). So unless if there was any news articles that didn't take their source from The Wrap, I say that the news was bogus.

Jerry Bruckheimer said things are looking good for Pirates 5, but did he say anything about discussing things with Depp OR Depp actually being in it. No. So until I hear the words "Johnny Depp is back" from Jerry or Johnny himself, I will believe that everything else is false. I take my POTC-related news VERY seriously.
    If Johnny Depp does come back to be in Pirates of the Caribbean 5(which i certainly hope he will be coming back for Pirates 5), then i think there is very likely possibilty that Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will absolutely happen and with Johnny Depp returning in it as Captain Jack Sparrow, but if he does not return then i highly doubt that there will even be a Pirates of the Caribbean 5, because by now no one is going to want to see a Disney/Bruckheimer Pirates of the Caribbean movie, with out Johnny Depp starring in it playing the role of Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Last edited by Sean B; 07-12-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: error

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast