• Jedi Knight

Exclamation Walt, a new Disney movie?

Name:  movie.png
Views: 3729
Size:  138.2 KB

Has anyone seen this fake/fan-made poster of the "movie" about the man himself?
    It features Ryan Gosling as Walt Disney, and Ron Howard directing it.

Ryan Gosling is Walt Disney in the first poster for WALT | Very Aware | Movie and TV news, reviews and other goodness
    (link has better view of the poster)

Very interesting, yet creative and well done! Do you think Disney would eventually make a movie like this? Thoughts?

• Monkey

Re: Walt, a new Disney movie?

This is a great idea. Why hasn't this been made? Seems like a surefire hit.

A bio-pic. would be very difficult but not impossible. I would avoid using an actor to play Walt Disney, though, because he does occupy this mythic space in the collective psyche. And, I certainly wouldn't give that actor top billing.

I was, perhaps, even more audacious a few years ago when I offered, in these same forums, a walk-through and ride-through attraction, entitled It All Started with a Mouse, as a biography for the entrance to the California park (long before Buena Vista Street was announced, incidentally).

The attraction would have relied mostly on Animatronics, as well as on film and audio recordings to ensure that the likeness of Walt Disney remains consistent and that uncanny valleys are avoided.

After all, his likeness is a trademark of an enormous corporation that is averse to risk, and the very private and dignified Disney family is extremely reluctant to see Walt Disney, the person, exploited any more than he has been already.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooke View Post
    Name:  movie.png
Views: 3729
Size:  138.2 KB
    Clearly, this poster is lovingly made, though, and I appreciate the artist's effort.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I'm surprised this hasn't already been made into a movie. Ryan Gosling would do a great job as Walt too.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I've been wanting this movie for the last decade. I first thought Leonardo DiCaprio after I saw the Aviator. And then it switched to Johnny Depp, simply because I think he's amazing. And then my mind changed back to Leo. And when seeing the Artist, Jean Dujardin (however, his English no good!). But now that I see this, Ryan Gosling would be a good choice, although not my favorite! But I feel this is a movie that'll one day be made and I hope it's made during my lifetime so I can see it :-/

I would avoid using an actor to play Walt Disney, though, because he does occupy this mythic space in the collective psyche. And, I certainly wouldn't give that actor top billing.
    Um..........ok, what should they use instead of an actor? An actress? An animatronic? CGI?
    And who should get top billing if said non-actor is playing the person the movie is about?
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego