Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Fake Walt Disney Movie Poster

The biggest problem would be that Disney film studios would produce it meaning you would get the candy coated version of Walts life instead of appropriately touching upon the negative aspects of his personality

The poster is great except for one thing...where is his wife? She was integral in Mickey coming to life, and so I would want her in the picture too.

It is a shame that this movie would never come to light. I think people seeing Walt as a person would really boost the Disney company's image.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by ChurroMan View Post
    The biggest problem would be that Disney film studios would produce it meaning you would get the candy coated version of Walts life instead of appropriately touching upon the negative aspects of his personality
    Precisely the reason why they never attempted to make this film and shouldn't in the future. Walt's legacy is firmly in place and does not need to be put in jeopardy by negative aspects of his life, things which everyone goes through at some point, but none the less important to explain in such a film.

Perhaps we could hope for an unauthorized indie biopic on him. xD Though how they would pull as big of an actor as Gosling into it, I'm not sure...but he'd be perfect for the part.

Did anyone ever consider the Walt Disney Family Foundation working on this, possibly joined by the Walt Disney Company to get the funding and actors and such? I think if the WDFF did it alone it would end up being more of a documentary like their other films but by working with the company itself maybe they can have a more cinematic/dramatic motion picture for him. I could see so much criticism though if they get parts of his life wrong or even just slightly accentuate some parts but not others. But with WDFF there presumably it should be a historically accurate film as much as possible.

If Walt has skeletons in his closet, I think the world would want to know what they are. But I'm also convinced it wouldn't change their feelings towards Walt Disney. His accomplishments are so huge and timeless, a person's faults...and we all have them...could be forgiven.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu's Wife View Post
    The poster is great except for one thing...where is his wife? She was integral in Mickey coming to life, and so I would want her in the picture too.

It is a shame that this movie would never come to light. I think people seeing Walt as a person would really boost the Disney company's image.
    Walt was alone when he went to New York to try and retain his work on Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Precisely the reason why they never attempted to make this film and shouldn't in the future. Walt's legacy is firmly in place and does not need to be put in jeopardy by negative aspects of his life, things which everyone goes through at some point, but none the less important to explain in such a film.
    Things everyone goes through in their life? What? I'm pretty sure most people don't threaten their labor force with gangsters or accuse former employees they have a vendetta against of being communists during Joe McCarthy style witch hunts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12