Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Mr Toad's Wild Ride - Coming to a theater near you

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    Don't forget the turkey leg/ chimichanga movie too

Re: Mr Toad's Wild Ride - Coming to a theater near you

I'm confused. Wasn't that ride based on that old film, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad? So they're making a film about a ride about a film? With CGI? What's this supposed to be? Some sort of weird Alvin and the Chipmunks type movie using the Wind in the willows characters?

I doubt this is happening. Disney's only success at turning attractions into films was with Pirates. Everything else has been dumped out in development hell. Where are those Matterhorn MT, Space MT, Jungle Cruise, HM remake, and Magic Kingdom films?

• Banned User

Mr. Toad Ride to Become Movie

It was announced a couple days ago that Disney will be making a mixed live action/CG feature animated film based on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I personally am looking forward to this, and the other films based on attractions, some of which are exclusive to Disneyland:

1. Jungle Cruise movie starring Tim Allen and Tom Hanks
    2. Matterhorn inspired movie (is this part of why the massive refurb was done?)
    3. Malificent Movie starring Angelina Jolie, sort of attraction related given the recently refurbished Sleeping Beauty Castle
    4. Haunted Mansion movie starring Hat Box ghost helmed by Haunted Mansion fan Guillermo del Toro
    5. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Movie
    6. Magic Kingdom movie about family that gets lost in the theme park at night

There were rumors of a Captain Nemo prequel and a Swiss Family Robinson re-make, starring Will Smith in both, but they have yet to take off. I also seem to have heard something about a Space Mountain inspired movie at one point.

I think if well done, these films will be an asset for the parks, maybe even inspiring some good additions to the rides such as a Hatbox ghost in HM. I expect that something special will be added to Jungle Cruise to tie in with the film.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 04-20-2012 at 03:44 PM.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Mr. Toad Ride to Become Movie

And today the Studio Chief, Rich Ross "quit".

Disney studio chief quits after 'John Carter' flop- MSN Money

• Minion

Weta Studios in New Zealand has already done some statues and such for the Mr. Toad movie.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    It was announced a couple days ago that Disney will be making a mixed live action/CG feature animated film based on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I personally am looking forward to this, and the other films based on attractions, some of which are exclusive to Disneyland:

1. Jungle Cruise movie starring Tim Allen and Tom Hanks
    2. Matterhorn inspired movie (is this part of why the massive refurb was done?)
    3. Malificent Movie starring Angelina Jolie, sort of attraction related given the recently refurbished Sleeping Beauty Castle
    4. Haunted Mansion movie starring Hat Box ghost helmed by Haunted Mansion fan Guillermo del Toro
    5. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride Movie

There were rumors of a Captain Nemo prequel and a Swiss Family Robinson re-make, starring Will Smith in both, but they have yet to take off. I also seem to have heard something about a Space Mountain inspired movie at one point.

I think if well done, these films will be an asset for the parks, maybe even inspiring some good additions to the rides such as a Hatbox ghost in HM. I expect that something special will be added to Jungle Cruise to tie in with the film.

6. The Magic Kingdom movie based on not the Florida park but the original Disneyland as directed by Jon Favreau and written by Michael Chabon - this is the one I look forward to the most.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Yes it was already mentioned. You can find the original forum here:

http://micechat.com/forums/movies/16...-near-you.html
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by wali View Post
    6. The Magic Kingdom movie based on not the Florida park but the original Disneyland as directed by Jon Favreau and written by Michael Chabon - this is the one I look forward to the most.
    Doh! I forgot about that one, boy there are a lot of them.

---------- Post added 04-20-2012 at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce 1 View Post
    Weta Studios in New Zealand has already done some statues and such for the Mr. Toad movie.
    There's even a teaser,

The Wind in the Willows

Looks fantastic even though its not the classical look from the animated one.

• Insomniac

Will Smith (African American man) playing a caucasian Swiss father? That makes tons of sense...
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Senior Minion

It was announced a couple days ago that Disney will be making a mixed live action/CG feature animated film based on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding was that Weta's Toad is based on Kenneth Grahame's Wind in the Willows, not Disney's Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

There were rumors of a Captain Nemo prequel and a Swiss Family Robinson re-make, starring Will Smith in both, but they have yet to take off.
    Didn't Rich already shut down 20K Leagues?
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Will Smith (African American man) playing a caucasian Swiss father? That makes tons of sense...
    It makes as much sense as Lawrence Fishburne playing Perry White.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Musical Fireman

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    The Swiss family remake is on hiatus for awhile and he reportedly turned down the 20k project and they say they found a new Cpt. Nemo hopefully he'll do James Mason justice.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Banned User

Maybe the WETA Wind in the Willows is different from what Disney announced this week as being only in the conceptual stage?

Disney plans Mr. Toad's Wild Ride movie | based, ride, movie - The Orange County Register

Is it a movie based off the ride or the book Wind in the Willows?
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• Senior Minion

^ Apparently there are two -- the Weta project based on the book (which has been in production a couple years), and this new one based on the ride.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast