Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Heavy Breather

Re: Frankenweenie: Disney and Tim Burton, Feast or Famine

I'm sure that if it passes its budget of 39 million than it will be fine.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• former CM

My daughter, 7, & I saw it yesterday. We also liked it, & I wouldn't mind seeing again.

CONGRATULATIONS to Tim Burton for earning a 74 on Metacritic.com:
    Frankenweenie Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More - Metacritic

Tim Burton is a brilliant filmmaker, but he's not a marketing genius. Before his "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" came out, he insulted "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" and annoyed what should have been part of his core audience. But I've liked that Johnny Depp version more and more as time goes on and I think this "Frankenweenie" will have real legs.

When films were shot in black & white

In seats the crowds would stay.
    With colors gone they could delight
    In many shades of grey

Reflections, shadows, light and dark
    Made classic joys and tears,
    But best of all these artists caught
    Our
    nightmares and our fears.

• Doombuggy Rider

I <3 ' d it (then again, I also <3 ' d the original live action shorter version, too) & if you have fur kids (pets)? Chances are the story will touch you, also ....

FRANKENWEENIE isn't for everyone (just as I don't like every single PIXAR film - especially that boring as heck A BUG'S LIFE that I saw no reason to base a section of DCA upon), but for its fan base? Let's just say that the Walt Disney Co has another Film for October (which I wouldn't mind seeing featured in the Theme Parks for Halloween) and there are some clever merchandise in the Disney Stores right now ...

One complaint? This Film didn't have to be in 3-D (I did not see any reason for the 3-D up charge, unless its the sign of the times where Hollywood Studios will try any gimmick to get an extra dollar out of Consumers while a film is in theatres). You can see this film in 2-D and not miss a thing. I can honestly say that I do not <3 everything that Tim Burton has done (least favorites? Willy Wonka, Planet of the Apes, Dark Shadows), but what I do <3 that is done by him? I treasure ....

have a Happy Halloween everyone -

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Ahhhh...the youngun's around today...many have never seen that wonderful 1931 Black and White version of Frankenstein. They have never known the artistry of Boris Karloff. Some could not possibly watch a film that was, for artistic reasons, painted in glorious black and white... Karloff put heart into the monster, but back in those days the whole concept was terrifying. People fell in love with that movie for many different reasons...I remember in the days of my youth being a real classic horror movie fan...like many...I sided with the monster.

At Universal Orlando they have a Classic Universal Monster Cafe with various rooms dedicated to these classic films...you know...the Mummy, the Wolfman, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dracula, and, of course, Frankenstein.

Earlier this month I visited that cafe on several occasions and delighted in setting in the Frankenstein monster room watching old clips from the movies...Bride of Frankenstein, Ghost of Frankenstein, House of Frankenstein...even Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein. They were, in my not so humble opinion, true classics and it is a shame that today's youth do not know or understand the magic found in them.

Tim Burton obviously knows cause he just produced a wonderful love letter to those great old films...in Frankenweenie. But, you folks are right...if you do not have the same foundation of knowledge of those great old classics then you'll pick the bright, colorful, sparkly, fun-filled thing instead and head to Hotel Transylvania. Most movie goers these days were born last Thursday don't ya know?

I went to both...loved both. And, I believe that Frankenweenie is destined to become a Halloweentime classic...catching on in the DVD and Blu-ray market...after it is aired once or twice on TV.

Jcruise86 hit the nail square on the head with that wonderful little poem...

In many shades of grey

Our

Alas, however, you had to be born long before last Thursday to truly know and understand... Those great ol' black and white monster movies have stayed in my heart for an entire lifetime...I guess that's why they are truly classics...and I guess that's one reason I went to and truly enjoyed Frankenweenie. And, that's why I loved resting in the air-conditioned comfort of the Frankenstein monster room at Universal's Classic Monster Cafe...sippin' some ice tea...lookin' at old movie clips, old 8 x 10s and posters and such...and just rememberin'...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 10-25-2012 at 07:33 PM.

• former CM

Frankenweenie

Thanks, Dan!

So far, Frankenweenie has won three critics awards for "best animated feature" of 2012.

Metacritic.com keeps track of the awards, and this list of theirs will get filled out as we approach 2013:

2012 Film Awards and Nominations - Metacritic

Tom Sinsky

• Doombuggy Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Ol' Dan View Post
    Howdy Pards,

Ahhhh...the youngun's around today...many have never seen that wonderful 1931 Black and White version of Frankenstein. They have never known the artistry of Boris Karloff. Some could not possibly watch a film that was, for artistic reasons, painted in glorious black and white... Karloff put heart into the monster, but back in those days the whole concept was terrifying. People fell in love with that movie for many different reasons...I remember in the days of my youth being a real classic horror movie fan...like many...I sided with the monster.

At Universal Orlando they have a Classic Universal Monster Cafe with various rooms dedicated to these classic films...you know...the Mummy, the Wolfman, the Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dracula, and, of course, Frankenstein.

Earlier this month I visited that cafe on several occasions and delighted in setting in the Frankenstein monster room watching old clips from the movies...Bride of Frankenstein, Ghost of Frankenstein, House of Frankenstein...even Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein. They were, in my not so humble opinion, true classics and it is a shame that today's youth do not know or understand the magic found in them.

Tim Burton obviously knows cause he just produced a wonderful love letter to those great old films...in Frankenweenie. But, you folks are right...if you do not have the same foundation of knowledge of those great old classics then you'll pick the bright, colorful, sparkly, fun-filled thing instead and head to Hotel Transylvania. Most movie goers these days were born last Thursday don't ya know?

I went to both...loved both. And, I believe that Frankenweenie is destined to become a Halloweentime classic...catching on in the DVD and Blu-ray market...after it is aired once or twice on TV.

Jcruise86 hit the nail square on the head with that wonderful little poem...

In many shades of grey

Our

Alas, however, you had to be born long before last Thursday to truly know and understand... Those great ol' black and white monster movies have stayed in my heart for an entire lifetime...I guess that's why they are truly classics...and I guess that's one reason I went to and truly enjoyed Frankenweenie. And, that's why I loved resting in the air-conditioned comfort of the Frankenstein monster room at Universal's Classic Monster Cafe...sippin' some ice tea...lookin' at old movie clips, old 8 x 10s and posters and such...and just rememberin'...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan

AGREED ! Frankenweenie is a <3 ' ing tribute to black & white Classic Horror Films (Amazon.com already had pre-orders up for thee DVD / BLU RAY / MULTI DISC 3D BLU RAY editions that are expected to come out on January 8, 2013 - that's Walt Disney Co., wasting no time "cashing in" on thee home theatrical viewing market) ...

C J

amazon.com

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12