• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Disney's Secret of the Wings a sparkling, joyfilled, magical delight!

Howdy Pards,

Tinkerbell has always been more than a little curious about things...and that curiosity often leads to adventure, fun, and, well... trouble. But...in the new direct to DVD video SECRET OF THE WINGS it leads to a wonderful discovery...

I found this latest addition to the Tinkerbell videos to be an absolute delight! Now I bought the Blu-ray/DVD edition which includes another great story, PIXIE HALLOW GAMES...which is also a delight!

These Tinkerbell stories have heart...important lessons...and incredible beauty and enchantment. They are most definitely NOT just for little girls...the whole family will enjoy them.

In the latest feature we meet a brand new Fairy born of the same laugh as Tink...which makes them sisters. Her name is Periwinkle. Now, the only problem is that Periwinkle is a frost fairy...she lives in the Winter Woods and, for the fairies of Pixie Hallow the Winter Woods are strictly off limits. If you think the fun stops there...well...you just don't know Tinkerbell.

It's a movie with heart...beauty...warmth...

I found it an absolute delight! And, that's comin' from a grizzled ol' cowhand, mind you...not some seven year old little girl.

It's a wonderful adventure the whole family will enjoy...in the finest traditions of Walt Disney entertainment.

Have you watched it yet? If so, share your thoughts on this thread.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 11-15-2012 at 04:11 PM.
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

Re: Disney's Secret of the Wings a sparkling, joyfilled, magical delight!

Howdy Pards,

With a film of the quality of SECRET OF THE WINGS one wonders why Disney did not first release it to theaters? Yes, it comes from DisneyToons studios...but the quality of both story and animation is up there with the very best. And, the choices at the theaters lately especially for the family audience has been somewhat limited...I would speculate that it's color, magic, and heart would be more than competing with the results seen thus far for what I also believe to be an excellent animated feature FRANKENWEENIE. What do you think?

Wild Ol' Dan

Re: Disney's Secret of the Wings a sparkling, joyfilled, magical delight!

Howdy Pards,

Surely I'm not the only person in all the world to have bought and enjoyed this movie...

I'm kinda curious that no one has commented on it.

It is most terrifying to think that if I was in a theater full of people watching the play Peter Pan today...you know, when Peter asks the audience to clap if they believe in fairies...I'd be the only one clapping. You have to believe. As a little girl said to her father once..."You don't have to understand...just believe!"

Believing is the key to so many wonders and delights and joys. Like Santa Claus and Neverland and Disneyland and such.

A wise lady named Teresa Langdon once summed it up this way, "Believe as a child believes and the magic will find you."

I hope I never grow so old, so sophisticated, so cynical...that I no longer believe. I'll be the one clapping in that theater in the hope that Tinkerbell's glow never goes out. Never.

If that's the Peter Pan syndrome...well then I reckon this grizzled ol' cowhand has it...and I ain't gonna give it up neither. Nope. I reckon, over the years I've grown rather fond of beauty and wonder and enchantment and such. This growin' up thing, well...it's just not all it's cracked up to be... All ya gotta do is...believe...and "think of the happiest things...it's the same as having wings..."

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 10-30-2012 at 07:42 AM.