Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Re: What is your least favorite Disney animated film?

Yes, "The Black Cauldron" is on my list but at least it attempted to be something great. Its parts are better than the whole, that's for certain.

Two films of no redeeming value have been mentioned, both "Home on the Range" and "Chicken Little." I didn't like either of them when I saw them in theaters, they're just bad films. Neither are in my home collection.

And, "The Aristocats" is also a mind numbingly dull film. So... you asked for one, I give you four.

Atlantis...what a horrible movie. By far, my least favorite Disney feature...Home on the Range is not too far behind either.

• Circle of Ancients

Home on the Range for sure. It's one of the few Disney animated movies that are not in our collection and never will be. The other one on that list is Brother Bear.

There are some lesser ones that nobody really seems to like, but I kind of enjoy like Atlantis, Treasure Planet and Chicken Little. The latter I absolutely expected to hate and went in with very low expectations. It's not great by any means, but I actually enjoy the movie.

Eisner tried to coin the 1990's as the "Disney Decade." But looking at the 10 year period following Jeffery Katzenbergs departure (1995 - 2005) I would coin this as the "Dismal Decade" for Disney animation. I wouldn't put any of the 13 movies that came during that time period in my extensive video collection.

A Goofy Movie (1995)
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)

Hercules (1997)
    Mulan (1998)
    Tarzan (1999)
    Dinosaur (2000)
    The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
    Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
    Lilo & Stitch (2002)
    Treasure Planet (2002)
    Brother Bear (2003)

Home on the Range (2004)
    Chicken Little (2005)

Not that every movie Katzenberg oversaw for Disney was a winner either. The following two are also on my "wont see again" list:
    The Black Cauldron (1985)
    Oliver & Company (1988)

• Circle of Ancients

^ Emperor's New Groove, Hunchback and Lilo and Stitch are really great movies IMO. Hercules, Tarzan, Atlantis, Mulan and Treasure Planet are good. There were probably an equal amount of hits and misses there.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Brother Bear (unwatchable), Cars 2 and Dinosaur are my least favorite of the major films. There are lots of smaller films and direct to video releases which were downright awful.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Just this guy......

Home on the Range. Yes, worst than the Black Cauldron

Gotta say Home on the Range and Atlantis. Of course they have some nice moments/design/animation, but as a whole, I think they're the worst. Note: there are a few I haven't seen yet. Funny how everyone has different opinions and it's interesting what touches us - or repels us. lol
    Last edited by hornedking; 12-13-2012 at 04:00 AM.

I've really grown to despise 'Chicken Little' in the years since it came out. I worked in a theater when it first came out, and all I saw when watching it, was Disney trying to be like Dreamworks: take an old story, load it with pop-culture and loud characters, not to mention modern-day sounds and all.

Though what really turned me off was how they really seemed to overdo the social outcasting of Chicken Little. It was like the entire town was a few steps away from just telling him to end his life for making a stupid mistake.

Plus, the inclusion of 'End of the World as we know it,' just felt like a 'duh' moment, as well as some of the shoehorned in parent/child angst between CL and his Dad.

Also at the end, after CL's name has been cleared, what is the first thing Buck says to his son? not "I'm really proud of what you did," but..."Well, I'd like to see the movie they make about you now."

Yeah, Dad of the Year, that Buck Cluck. What a (watch it, there!).

I grew up during the 90s. Pocahontas was the first movie I saw in theaters so the movies from that decade will always be some of my favorites. I actually loved Black Cauldron too, but mostly because when I saw it as a kid I thought it was a precursor to Sleeping Beauty and I love Gurgi. I'm not a big fan of Cinderella, but I think it's more that I dislike her character more than the movie itself. Movie-wise, I either never saw or didn't like anything made after 2000. To me, all of those movies are like watching a video game because the colors are so bright and the characters over-dramatized (at least, those that I did see were).

• will-o-the-whip

The Emperor's New Groove for being so snarky it made me sick. That and Dinosaur signaled the end of that era of quality Disney animation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12