Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Heavy Breather

What is your least favorite Disney animated film?

We all love Disney. We come here everyday to talk about its magic. One of the many ways we were introduced to Disney is through their animated classics. I can still remember watching Fun and Fancy Free almost everyday when I was younger. But as we get older we start to notice that some of the animated films, just don't live up to the Walt standard of doing things. So on this thread feel free to share your least favorite out of the 52 animated films that have come out of Walt Disney Animation so far. To get the ball rolling I shall share my least favorite.

Chicken Little was the studios first CG film after they closed the traditional animation studio. I saw this movie in theatres as a kid and liked it. However, I was a stupid kid. As I am now older, I see it's numerous flaws. I will give the movie some credit as the characters are pretty memorable, I especially enjoyed Runts antics. However that's all the film has going for it. The jokes aren't there, just pop culture references. When the alien kid is left on earth, that's obviously taken from ET. The soundtrack isn't very memorable, other than the REM song that plays when the aliens attack. Overall, this movie is the time when Dismey was moving into Dreamworks territory(although they have gotten better since then). If you like this movie, hey more power to you. I'm just glad they learned from their mistakes and that Meet the Robinsons was a better film.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Disneyland PAP

Re: What is your least favorite Disney animated film?

I avoided Chicken Little. I think the Save Disney campaign was going on at the time, and I was very much influenced by that. That and Eisner's decision to embrace CGI and turn his back on hand-drawn animation hit the wrong tone with me. Regarding the movie, I've not heard anything about it that would make me feel its worth my time to watch.

Home on the Range is another film I avoided. The previous two films, Brother Bear and Treasure Planet, didn't fully entertain me as I hoped they would. And while I did pick up the soundtrack by Menken, I didn't sense that the film would be to my liking.

Besides those two, I find hard to cite a Disney film as my least favorite. Just seems sacrilegious.

•   
    • Banned User

Meet the Robinsons.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz..........

The Lion King 1 1/2
    "I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something, than educate people and hope they were entertained" - Walt Disney

• Heavy Breather

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse rocks View Post
    The Lion King 1 1/2
    Direct to Video films don't count. We know that all of those suck big time. What I'm talking about are the 52 animated films that are a part of the animated classics line. Starting with the classic Snow White all the way to the present with the excellent Wreck it Ralph. But yes Lion King 1 1/2 did suck.

• secure all cargo

Atlantis. A lot of interesting concepts, but was not into the story at all.
    Pocahontas would be runner-up. Just not that involving.

---------- Post added 11-24-2012 at 10:46 PM ----------

Cars 2. Beautiful and exciting races, but was not a fan of making Mater and his journey the main focus, and not a fan of making it a spy movie. It lost everything the first Cars was about.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• ~

Chicken Little definitely takes that honor.

• Minion

Home on the Range:

However, I will say that Pocahontas, (the film that sooooooooooooooo desperately wants that Best Picture Oscar), is the one that began the decline of the Disney Renaissance. It was also the first Disney film I remember not going to see in the theater. But then again, I did go to see Home on the Range in the theater...and The Wild...

Actually The Wild would be worse, but I don't think it counts as official Disney canon since it was farmed out to another company.
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 11-26-2012 at 01:00 AM.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Cars and Cars 2. Those two are my least favorite in any Disney/Pixar cannon. I also don't care for Beauty and the Beast (sorry everyone ), Chicken Little. Oh, and Brave. Brave just didn't cut it for me.

• keh!

Chicken Little and Home on the Range for me. Awful, AWFUL, movies. I was going to list The Fox and The Hound as well, but to be fair I have never seen the entire movie. Only the first 20 minutes, and I didn't care for what I was watching.

•   
    • Banned User

Right there with ya. I never saw The Fox and The Hound until last year. I watched it out of curiosity alone. I'm glad I was watching it on a laptop w/ DVD next to me while building a model on the workbench. There's no way I could have looked directly at the whole movie for the entire duration. It was background noise and unsuccessful noise at that.

• Heavy Breather

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    Chicken Little and Home on the Range for me. Awful, AWFUL, movies. I was going to list The Fox and The Hound as well, but to be fair I have never seen the entire movie. Only the first 20 minutes, and I didn't care for what I was watching.
    Much like Bambi, Fox and the Hound gets better after the first half hour.

Pocahontas was pretty bad, I must say.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

HOW has no one mentioned The Black Cauldron? I'm hoping everyone is just pretending it doesn't exist. Here are my reasons:

1. The characters have little personality and there are too many of them
    2. The animation is poor and flat looking (worst animation of falling rocks ever)
    3. The story is dull. For an adventure story, not much happens
    4. The music sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon from the 70's (waa waaaaa)
    5. There's no climax. The soldiers rise from the swamp and two minutes later they're gone
    6. The spell is broken by a character comitting suicide!!!!

I would give more reasons but now I'm annoyed just from thinking about it. Best thing that ever happened to Disney? Don Bluth leaving.

(Wow I sound angry. I didn't mean to be when i started this and I'm really sorry if you like BC and I offended you.)

• The Real Slimshady

Yes, the Black Cauldron is the worst!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast