• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Roger Rabbit Sequel Idea

NOTE: This is just an idea and not anything else. Disney is still hoping to make one but I do want to pitch the idea.

I had this idea in my head for quite a while now. I know I will get killed for it but I thought about it since I just watched it recently.

I thought about doing a new Roger Rabbit set in 1981, 34 years after the events of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit." It tells the story of Eddie's rebellious, witty but sarcastic and dark humored, but toon-loving, and inquisitive 26-year-old rookie cop son Frederick "Freddy" Valiant who works for the LAPD's 34th Precinct Toontown Division. Meanwhile, Roger is having a rough time dealing with the fact that his popularity has gone down with the last Roger Rabbit theatrical cartoon being released in 1965. Living off of TV syndication deals and doing specials every now and then, but to make ends meet, is forced to actually work and live with humans in Los Angeles. Jessica meanwhile still performs at the Ink and Paint Club, in which by 1981, was now open to the public to those over 21 and without the use of a password.

This is where the plot begins: There is a chemical break-in in the what is now the abandoned ACME Factory outside where what has now become R.K. Maroon Productions by 1981 (instead of Maroon Cartoon studios). When the break-in is investigated, a clue comes in- someone took a new chemical that can be used to test on aging people. When Freddy meets Roger at the scene (he heard about it through news on Channel 7), he decides to scare him with a gag (to show his dark sense of humor). To which Roger screams in his cartoon-y way, and Freddy decides to reveal himself like this: "Relax, Roger. Remember me?" To which Roger replies: "Jeepers!! Freddy Valiant?"

We find out that someone is creating a new chemical that ages toons rapidly to what they should be looking like. This is due to the theme of mortality vs. immortality. Humans cannot live forever whereas toons can. However, someone is creating a way to age toons to what they SHOULD look like (meaning decrepit and old) and actually have an age limit like humans. I'm still trying to figure out how they could spread this chemical so don't grill me.

As for new characters I only have a few:

-Freddie Valiant, Eddie's son. For casting choices, I have Joseph-Gordon Levitt, Channing Tatum, Christopher Mintz-Plazze
    -Dr. Leonard Rondstadt, a scientist, not the villain. Casting choices: Matthew Morrison ("Mr.Scheuester" from Glee), Wilem Dafoe for now
    -Commisioner John Noelle, Freddie's boss. Not sure for casting.

Returning characters: Roger Rabbit, his wife Jessica Rabbit, Benny the Cab, Baby Herman.

Toon cameos this time: Superfriends from DC Comics, Scrooge McDuck, Popeye, Scooby Doo, Shaggy, Tom and Jerry, Goofy, Felix the Cat, Kid Power, Spider-Man, and more to come.

Thanks for hearing me out!!1

Re: Roger Rabbit Sequel Idea

For the commisioner I would pick Anthony hopkin's, And Gary oldman
    For the villain I would call him, Aruther Robert's played by mabye Robert Downty Jr.
    That's if he's not in a armored suit during that time.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• Heavy Breather

Sounds like a good idea. What other cartoon cameos to you have in mind?

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. What other cartoon cameos to you have in mind?
    I also thought about maybe Top Cat, Jabberjaws, Secret Squirrel, Alvin and the Chipmunks, etc.

Blog Entries

I also want to escalate that this is also a slightly Christopher Nolan influenced Roger Rabbit as well as it spoofs more contemporary films from the last few decades like Leathal Weapon, 48 Hours, Beverly Hills Cop, Rush Hour and of course the famous Christopher Nolan action films of OUR time. It will have trope spoofs like explosions and murder mystery, as well as buddy comedy tropes.

For cameo's I would add if I were you add The peanut's gang, bring back some old animation character's like bugs, mickey, daffy, and donald. I think they also have mabye the ducktale's character's for the 1980's theme
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshow View Post
    For cameo's I would add if I were you add The peanut's gang, bring back some old animation character's like bugs, mickey, daffy, and donald. I think they also have mabye the ducktale's character's for the 1980's theme
    I forgot about the Peanut's gang! They would be great in a cameo appearance! I was also thinking maybe Pete's Dragon, The Hobbit (the 1977 Animated film), Winnie the Pooh, The Wolf from the Tex Avery cartoons, and maybe The Aristocats.

Blog Entries

As many people don't know I am planning this to be a trilogy arc. It chronicles Roger's fall and then the final film will chronicle his big comeback.

Other cartoon cameos to appear throughout the trilogy:

-He-Man
    -Darkwing Duck
    -Tale Spin
    -Fievel Mouskewitz (for the third film)
    -The Horned King
    -The Great Mouse Detective
    -Gummi Bears (maybe second or third film)
    -DuckTales (first film)
    -Wallace and Gromit (second or third film)
    -Roger Radcliffe (from 101 Dalmations)
    -Pongo and Perdita
    -Ariel (third film)