• Minion

Current Disney Pitches

Blue Sky Disney recently posted an article of movies that have been pitched to Disney

here's the article:Blue Sky Disney: Horn's Disney...

and here's the list (I've bolded the ones that interest me the most)

The Rocketeer(remake) - The studio is reportedly pursuing writers to reboot the cult property based on the comic by Dave Stevens. While no news has come out since Vulture broke the story in August, it's believed that Disney is still looking for the right take on the character.

Flight of the Navagator(remake) - The 80's story of a boy that gets a spaceship of his own will get a reboot for the 21st century. Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly are writing the script, with Trevorrow being eyed for the director's chair.

Star Wars(sequel, spin-off) - MichaelArbdt has been put in charge of creating the playbook for another Star Wars trilogy, as well as writing the first chapter of the three. It addition to Episode VII,Lucasfilm has hired Larence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg to explore other parts of the Skywalker's galaxy. This will provide Horn with a Star Wars film every couple of years for Disney's schedule.

Tron 3(sequel) - The sequel to Legacy has languished over the past year, but Horn has hired Jesse Wigutow to take over from the previous writer because he believes in the value of this brand. The possibilities of The Grid could come into theaters around the same time you may be able to experience the world of Tron (providing you're in China).

1952(sci-fi original) - BradBird returns to Disney (sadly, not as Star Wars director) to film an original science fiction tale written by Damon Lindelof, that will possibly star George Clooney. The word is that Studio suits, Horn particularly, think the project could be a tentpole film launching a new franchise. If I were Horn, I'd put Bird under long term, exclusive contract.

The Stuff of Legend(adaptation) - Based on the comic Written byMike Raicht and Brian Smith and illustrated by Charles Paul Wilson III, is a battle between the Boogeyman and childhood toys (a dark twist on Toy Story). Pete Candeland will adapt the graphic novel.

Untitled Scott Rosenberg film(?) - Almost nothing is known about this project, other than the fact that suits liked the pitch so much that they payed over a million for it up front. In these times that says a lot. More layers of this onion should be peeled in the new year, and I'm sure by the holidays next year, we'll have a much fuller understanding of what was so special.

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day(adaptation) - A classic children's book by award winning, authorJudith Viorst, adapted and directed by Lisa Cholodenko withSteve Carell starring? It sounds like the kind of family entertainment that the Mouse has been looking for.

Matched(adaptation) - Everyone has been doing YA films and television shows the last few year to take advantage of the "Twilight" phenomenon, except Disney. Now they get into the game with an adaptation of the first novel in the "Matched" trilogy. Set in a dystopian future, where the mysterious society dictates every part of your life (fiction, or just around the corner?), if follows a seventeen year old girl and her love interest. I would openly pan these things normally, but I'll wait till we see a trailer for this before I become too judgemental.

Peter and the Starcatchers(adaptation) - The adaptation of the first novel in the series by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson is getting the grand treatment under Gary Ross's helm. Essentially a prequel to the Peter Pan tale that follows the Neverland crew on adventures before Wendy and the world intrude the second star to the right. This one has franchise written all over it. The question is will it have box office hit written all over it?
    The one i'm looking forward to the most (granted, some of these movies may not even make it to the big screen) is The Stuff of Legend. It's a little corny, but it sounds awesome at the same time! Which movie are you looking forward too?

• will-o-the-whip

Re: Current Disney Pitches

None of it gets me excited but it's too early in the development process to know how they will pan out in the end. I guess we'll wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    None of it gets me excited but it's too early in the development process to know how they will pan out in the end. I guess we'll wait and see...
    Same here, but I am kinda excited for The Rocketeer....
    For the love of Disney....

• -

I'm looking forward to Star Wars.

Interesting that there were no Marvel movies on this list.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

wait what about gardians and the avengers 2.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Guys, this is a list of pitched films, not films that are already greenlit and in production. It is unlikely that anything from Marvel would be on that list, especially not Avengers 2. Anyhow, Peter and the Starcatchers has me very excited. It was a big hit on stage, so I'm fairly confident that adapting this into a hit film would be relatively easy, especially with Disney at the helm.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Guys, this is a list of pitched films, not films that are already greenlit and in production. It is unlikely that anything from Marvel would be on that list, especially not Avengers 2.
    Star Wars has been green lit and that is on the list. Also, I'm sure there are several Marvel characters that have been pitched for their own films.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Doombuggy Rider

SEQUELS, REMAKES, with only a few ADAPTIONS from a new idea based on a written book and / or graphic novel - that's so Hollywood now (sure I want a TR3N (tron 3) to end the trilogy, but I want new stories vs. remakes - with the exception of more STAR WARS, of course) & I'm surprised nobody has green lit a remake of THE BLACK HOLE (1979) .... I'm guessing the idea of a Tim Allen / Tom Hanks buddy comedy JUNGLE CRUISE film go s'canned ?

Tom Hanks and Tim Allen Team For Disney?s ?Jungle Cruise? | /Film

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Tomorrow's Child

I'd be quite happy if some of these do get the go ahead. I love The Rocketeer, and while I'd be cautious of a remake, if it made the characters more popular then I'm all for it.

Naturally TR3N and Star Wars VII are on the "can't wait" list. I also like the sound of Peter and the Starcatchers. Now if only they adapted Newsies to the big screen (following in the film>stage>film footsteps of The Producers and Hairspray), I'd be a uber happy Disney geek.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Heavy Breather

Disney shouldnt be making Matched. I was hoping that of all the studios Disney would stay out of the twilight craze. But alas, if it is to be made, make it a Disney Channel movie. That way no one will watch it.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

I want Brad Bird's '1952' to be made. But, it just feels like every other person is saying, 'so you want to make your movie, Brad? Well, let's see you make _________ successfully, and then we'll talk.'

That's what I felt regarding MI:Ghost Protocol, like it was a way for Brad to prove he could direct a live-action film.