• I'm not really here

TRON Legacy Sequel is happening.

To all those who said this would never happen after the epic failure of Legacy...

Flynn Lives! Garrett Hedlund to Return for TRON: Legacy Sequel - ComingSoon.net

Gerrett Hedlund will be returning as Sam Flynn, Joseph Kosinski will direct again. Jesse Wigutow has been brought in as script writer. Not much else known about it yet, but it is moving forward in a much more concrete way right now. Alan Horn (new studio chief) seems to believe in the brand quite a lot.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: TRON Legacy Sequel is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    To all those who said this would never happen after the epic failure of Legacy...

Flynn Lives! Garrett Hedlund to Return for TRON: Legacy Sequel - ComingSoon.net

Gerrett Hedlund will be returning as Sam Flynn, Joseph Kosinski will direct again. Jesse Wigutow has been brought in as script writer. Not much else known about it yet, but it is moving forward in a much more concrete way right now. Alan Horn (new studio chief) seems to believe in the brand quite a lot.

Wierd..I thought I had read that Legacy brought in quite bit of money.

Either way I'll be there. I saw Legacy twice in theatres, something I NEVER do, and loved it. I will be excited for another!

• ~

Thanks for sharing! I too rarely watch movies twice in theaters and I also saw Tron: Legacy twice. Once in my little shoe box-sized theater in my town, then another two hours away in IMAX 3D. My favorite cinema experience of all time. Hopefully this next film will be equally as enjoyable and will warrant a second trip to that theater.

• Disneyland PAP

I was pleasantly surprised to read this news too. Count me among those who will see it on opening weekend!

•   

I have a friend that works for Lassiter. Sometimes he mentions things here and there. One was that he was at some meeting and it was stated that Tron lost a lot of money on that as well as most all of their more recent live action movies. The thrust of my friend's comments was in the context that it would mean more money for animation which was succeeding, however what I walked away with that conversation with was "Aw, does this mean no Tron:Legacy sequel or no redux of The Black Hole?"

I'm really pulling for Tron to do well and for there to be a sequel, but I'm also aware that some Disney higher ups have acknowledged how the box office returns did. Although they always make their money back later post-box-office, it's this opening weekend box office figure that seems to stick in the throats of most execs as the gauge by which to test all future plans.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Disneyland PAP

^ Yep, that opening weekend box office take is the frustrating standard that's the norm now. But it's hard to deny with there being so many options to watching a movie now if you just wait a while (Netflix, etc.), that Hollywood wants their money back fast before putting it out on home video, streaming and download.

I think the bigger news is Disney's new head of the movie studio division, Alan Horn. He only just came into the role this past summer after Rich Ross left/was fired after a financially painful tenure. And Ross came in after Dick Cook was forced out for some odd reason. So we're in a transition period with Horn just now taking over the studio and figuring out how to give it his own touch. Horn had a great run at Warner Bros., so I'm hopeful he'll bring back some cred to new Disney films and moving forward with a script for Tron 3 is certainly something he okayed.

What Hollywood Thinks of Alan Horn as Disney Chairman - The Hollywood Reporter

• King of Los Angeles

Legacy made money worldwide - it made almost as much as Thor and Cap domestically, but it wasn't as big a hit as they'd hoped for. They saw this as the next pirates.

• Doombuggy Rider

TRON Legacy brought in more profit then John Carter (of Mars), as well as a few other stinkers (Prince of Persia, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Mars Needs Moms, Prom, The Odd Life of Timothy Green) and while I <3 Frankenweenie? I felt that Walt Disney Pictures did an epic fail of a job promoting that film (I smell some more pink slips coming soon) but it will become another cult classic over time ...

Please bring back Cindy Morgan as Dr Laura Baines / Yori and wrap up a nice Tron Trilogy !

Name:  MV5BMTgzOTI2MTU1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTE3OTg2OA@@._V1._SY314_CR34,0,214,314_.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  15.4 KB

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    Legacy made money worldwide - it made almost as much as Thor and Cap domestically, but it wasn't as big a hit as they'd hoped for. They saw this as the next pirates.
    Well....if they wanted that....
    A) Make the main character as loveable as Jack
    2) Make a group of characters we will grow to like
    3) Make a world so amazing you want to stay there

And since they did non of those....how could they think it would preform that amazing

The Grid is a dictatorship....the main character was fine but nothing special...and the main group of good guys were also just ok, no one stood out

I just think they need a stronger villain and either make Tron the main character or make a better group