• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Wreck-It Ralph' wins Producers Guild Award for Best Animated Film

Disney's 'Wreck-It Ralph' was honored as Best Animated Film Saturday night at the 24th annual Producers Guild of America awards ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.

The film's producer Clark Spencer ('Bolt') was voted The Award for Outstanding Producer of Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures. Receiving the award Spencer said, "I joined Disney 23 years ago during difficult times and always wondered when I should leave. But I always believed in the studio. There is a renaissance going on at the studios - and that is John Lasseter."
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Doombuggy Rider

Re: 'Wreck-It Ralph' wins Producers Guild Award for Best Animated Film

While I do agree that John Lasseter has raised the bar for Walt Disney Animation; I am inclined to agree that certain personnel were not happy under his leadership; because Walt Disney Animation / Pixar lost both Artists / Animators Glen Keane and Brenda Chapman ....

I am pleased to see that Walt Disney is represented @ the Annie Awards this year (BRAVE, FRANKENWEENIE, WRECK-IT RALPH, TRON: UPRISING). Let's hope they bring some trophies home this weekend when the ceremonies take place (February 2nd) ...

I am definitely rooting for John Kahr's PAPERMAN (2012, black & white) as it is nominated for an Oscar in Best Animated Short @ this years Academy Awards -

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by darkamor View Post
    While I do agree that John Lasseter has raised the bar for Walt Disney Animation; I am inclined to agree that certain personnel were not happy under his leadership; because Walt Disney Animation / Pixar lost both Artists / Animators Glen Keane and Brenda Chapman ....
    It is the nature of the movie business in general to go where the projects and opportunities are.
    Over the years a number of Pixar employees have left for other studios to have a chance to direct an animated feature, I recall posting an L.A. Times article here about that subject. Oscar-nominated 'Paperman' director John Kahrs left Pixar and became an Supervising Animator on 'Tangled' before creating the short.

Brenda Chapman's ouster and studio departure was heartbreaking in that 'Brave' began with her as such a personal film inspired by her relationship with her own daughter. Pixar's loss is now Lucasfilm's gain.

The WDAS's loss of Glen Keane is tremendous. However after the heart attack he suffered while serving as 'Tangled's original co-director with Dean Wellins and then returning to help complete the blockbuster I can see his need to move on. I had the chance to see his new works show recently and to speak to him about the personal film he is working on. It will be set in 1950's Paris and is about four years away from completion. He is extremely happy and thrilled with it's look and progress. Can't wait!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Doombuggy Rider

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    It is the nature of the movie business in general to go where the projects and opportunities are.
    Over the years a number of Pixar employees have left for other studios to have a chance to direct an animated feature, I recall posting an L.A. Times article here about that subject. Oscar-nominated 'Paperman' director John Kahrs left Pixar and became an Supervising Animator on 'Tangled' before creating the short.

Brenda Chapman's ouster and studio departure was heartbreaking in that 'Brave' began with her as such a personal film inspired by her relationship with her own daughter. Pixar's loss is now Lucasfilm's gain.

The WDAS's loss of Glen Keane is tremendous. However after the heart attack he suffered while serving as 'Tangled's original co-director with Dean Wellins and then returning to help complete the blockbuster I can see his need to move on. I had the chance to see his new works show recently and to speak to him about the personal film he is working on. It will be set in 1950's Paris and is about four years away from completion. He is extremely happy and thrilled with it's look and progress. Can't wait!

& Jeffrey Katzenberg has the midas touch when it comes to getting talent from the Walt Disney Co to become apart of DreamWorks Animation (he didn't waste anytime obtaining LILO & STITCH's Chris Sanders & Dean DeBlois - who struck gold with HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON (2010) ....

My heart sank when I heard about Glen Keane suffering a heart attack (& it sank further when he was pushed to a Production credit vs a Directing credit on TANGLED (2011) - like LILO & STITCH? I find to be a great film, which is more then I can say for CARS 2 (2011) ....

I hope to see several of these Animators (& others ) when SPIKE & MIKE's 30TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL OF ANIMATION occurs on February 9th @ Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego in La Jolla ....

http://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/down...d=YahooMailNeo

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor