• I do believe in fairies!

Question Is Disney Going To Make Hocus Pocus 2?

Just wondered if any of you fans have heard anything in the breeze about this. I'm an avid fan of the show and providing they could bring back the original witches I'd fork out my $20 to see it at the theater. I realize they'd have to add a twist since all of the kids have grown up, but this is Disney I'm sure they could figure something out. Even a way to bring the witches back from the dead. Since they all died in the first one. Maybe some kind of witchy clause or something.

Any favorite parts in the movie?
    Favorite character?

Also, why doesn't Disneyland to anything on them in the park during the Halloween season?
    "While there is very little grown-up in a child, there's still a lot of child in every grown up." ~ Walt Disney

• keh!

Re: Is Disney Going To Make Hocus Pocus 2?

I hope not...

It's been YEARS since I've seen Hocus Pocus, but even as a kid I thought the movie was cheesy. I personally don't get all the love for Hocus Pocus.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

I love Hocus Pocus, but I don't think a second movie is called for. Let it be what it is and enjoy it. Very rarely do sequels live up to their originals. The original was lightning in a bottle.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

LOVE Hocus Pocus! What a great movie and a fun time... though I'm a huge Bette Midler fan and love anything she's in. <3

I don't think a second movie should be made. The original is perfect and cheesy and wonderful as it is. Besides, the Sanderson Sisters were poofed out of existence at the end... unless you're thinking of Book opening it's eye? Cute yes but not enough to warrant a second movie.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Add me to the list of people who really like this movie. I'd even go further and call it a Disney Classic from the later 20th century, Disney has attempted several other movies with a Halloween or Witch theme, and NONE of them have come close to the fun or entertainment value that this movie provides, and that makes me leery of endorsing a sequel. I'm not even sure a prequel would work for these characters. If either were to be done, it would need to have a really different story line.

Hmmm, wonder if a prequel could work with seeing these three witches as children themselves. Who were their parents, and what was life like in their home, as they grew up? Or what if in their past, they had lived part of their childhood in the 21st century? But either way, you wouldn't have Bette and crew in the new movie, and they really provided great performances, and I'm not so sure they could find the right kids to portray them as children.

It is fun to imagine the possibilities, though.