Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

re: The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTea View Post
    I live about 15 minutes from the the Tam O' Shanter -- should I go check out booth 31?

Also, on the DisneyCartography website, Wallace says he's going to have a meet-up before d23 on August 6th. I will definitely try to be there for that. (He said he's going to tweet the location just before.)
    Yet another reason to wish I could be at D23. If you (or anyone else sharing on this thread) make it there be sure to give us an update!

Edited to avoid double posting

Rocketeer, I don't think they would have something for the game where you HAD to buy a ticket to D23 to get the clue, however I could be wrong about that. Perhaps I should say I HOPE they wouldn't do that. It is bad enough that you need to be in SoCal to get the offweb clues...

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Another one of my discoveries was deleted from the Story Orbit blog. I'm getting frustrated with this game. I'm surprised that they've been this sloppy with leaving stuff on their server that they don't want you to find yet. Leaving the puppeteers to delete posts and images once someone finds them ... this is how ARG's work folks.

On the other hand, perhaps this is part of the game itself and I should be persistent with spreading the word on what I've found? There's no central group working on this game though, no offense, but this thread has been kind of dead.
    Last edited by What Would Walt Do; 07-16-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: grammar fix

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by What Would Walt Do View Post
    Another one of my discoveries was deleted from the Story Orbit blog. I'm getting frustrated with this game. I'm surprised that they've been this sloppy with leaving stuff on their server that they don't want you to find yet. Leaving the puppeteers to delete posts and images once someone finds them ... this is how ARG's work folks.
    Oh, what did you find?? I've been lurking around!

There's no central group working on this game though, no offense, but this thread has been kind of dead.
    Yeah I would LOVE to partake in the game but sadly for me, this game has gone way over my head It kind of seems like in order to fully participate in this game, you need a vast knowledge of Disney history to contribute in any discussion. I unfortunately do not have that knowledge. Sure, I can probably research all the information and be able to contribute, but there is always somebody who already knows the answer or figured out the mystery the moment a new blog post goes up, and it kind of takes away the fun for me. So I've just been taking back burner approach of the game and just reading the new developments and enjoying the game from the sidelines. I can't contribute anything in any of the discussions I still haven't figured out how the Cartography page was found! Gah, even though I've been following the game everyday, I feel so behind!

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Don't feel bad, I've been sidelining it since the beginning because of the local access issues. If those of you who are actively playing could keep the rest of us in the loop that would be awesome! Remember, some folks are living the game through your discussion! No pressure...
    Last edited by Attic Haunt; 07-17-2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Addition of detail

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Wallace posted a new map today, and there's some modern-day things on it, and some special stars and clues.

I bet that there are in-park clues now. Heading out after work to the park to see what they are. Hope Autopia has a short line.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

There's no central group working on this game though, no offense, but this thread has been kind of dead.
    I've been posting at least daily recaps - but I've got a ARL (Actual Reality Life) to deal with.

Today was a big drop, so I'm going to head to the park after work - looks like there might be some clues now there.
    -Monorail Man

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

looking at the map... the three things marked seem to be Signal Flag, Auto Apparatus and Mk. Zero
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

Monorail Man: If you can get some good pics of the signal flags at the Nemo attraction. Thanks!

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    I've been posting at least daily recaps - but I've got a ARL (Actual Reality Life) to deal with.
    Thanks for taking time out of it to update us!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Added my Disneyland findings!
    -Monorail Man

Has anyone figured out what these codes are used for yet?

Codes found:

02/14 = 0B1G - it's a small world
    05/16 = 0L1N - Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
    01/22 = 01BC - Primeval World

We're missing the code for Progressland.
    I'm trying to keep up with this game as much as possible but alot of it is over my head. I've been working on trying to find the voicemail codes and Lott website codes but I have a feeling we haven't been given enough information to find them yet? If I ever figure anything out (not likely, lol ) I will be sure to post it here.

Thanks monorail man for taking the time to post regularly on this thread. I try to follow along with the comments on Amelia's but there are so many now it is hard to keep up. I usually get my updates from here now

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

It seems that people are posting that they received records! Look under the "For The Record" blog entry for several pics...

There are 2 images that have been up on Wallace's server, then have been removed. They are the successive images for this current image slot:

http://disneycartography.com/wp-cont...es/slide-1.jpg

This is the "/slide-2.jpg" image:

Name:  slide-2.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  77.3 KB

This is Bill Melendez who worked on Pinocchio and Fantasia before moving on to do work with the Peanuts franchise and more.

This is the "/slide-3.jpg" image:

Name:  slide-3.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  58.4 KB

From limited research, this is the 1964 Russian soccer (football) team that won the first National Cup in Europe.

I really don't wan to screw up the game, or jump the gun on a clue; but this is exactly how these ARG games are played, and I'd be very surprised if they screwed this up twice already. I didn't want to go outside of storyorbit.com to post this, but after the second time, I wanted to share my findings here.

I'm not sure if the puppetmasters (the people that are running the game) do not want these clues to be found yet? Or if it really was an accident leaving these in the image folder for anybody to discover?

I was one of the integral player/participants of the AI game (The Beast). The Microsoft guys would have not stifled early discoveries like this (or their own mistakes), rather, they would have changed their next play like in a chess match.

I'm beginning to think that this Disney ARG is geared more toward a more casual type of Disney enthusiast, blending more elements of role-play interaction via Twitter and blog. That's fine, I get it, and certainly I'm intrigued by the story thus far and the tie in with the Tomorrowland movie (seems a little early though, right?)

Just not sure if I'll devote any more time to the gameplay aspect as it's a waste of time, and it's discouraging, when they delete legitimate findings from the storyorbit.com site.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Here's a link to the "secret" recording on the record. Sounds like Cory Burton as the narrator. I received one of the records, but haven't gotten to listen to it yet, so it's good to hear the narration. Wondering if Side 2 has anything also.

It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast