Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

re: The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

Link to YouTube recording of hidden track on side 1 of Amelia's record:

World's Fair Record Side 1 - YouTube

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Candlelight Caroler

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Here's a link to the "secret" recording on the record. Sounds like Cory Burton as the narrator. I received one of the records, but haven't gotten to listen to it yet, so it's good to hear the narration. Wondering if Side 2 has anything also.
    I agree, it does sound like Corey Burton. Love when the new voiceover artists recreate classic Disney narration voices.

Thanks for sharing the YouTube link of the record, you beat me to it, I was just about to post it also LOL. Sounds like (a cult message in parts LOL) it is talking about Solar Power to me. And that it should accompany some visuals that I would LOVE to see, I can just imagine the old style Disney animation that could go with it, all awesome Rolly Crump style. This is an interesting journey, I hope the pay off at the end is worth it.
    First visit to a Disney Park was to Tokyo Disneyland in Oct, 2005. I was hooked! Was so blessed to visit Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2009, the original Disneyland and California Adventure in 2010, Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2011, and an incredible 5 night stay at Disneyland Paris in February 2013.

Cool! Someone commented on one of the videos that the two sides might play together to fill in the gaps on side one and create another meaning. I tried to play both videos together and didn't find anything but someone else might want to take a look.

Someone also posted this on Amelia's blog. Multisided record - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. And someone who received a record mentioned the second side was double grooved. Can someone with a record check it out?

I also thought that since the first side has so many long pauses, it might be meant for a ride and the gaps are parts where it is waiting for you to get to a certain point in the ride. I can't remember where I read it, but I remember reading a tweet or something that mentioned It's a Small World having a separate track for VIPs (might have been on here). Maybe if you listen to side one while on iasw it will have some extra clues in it.

Okay, answered a few of my own questions by looking back at past posts. I guess the youtube video's audio is the hidden audio otherwise it would just play Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow.

Also here is the blog post that mentions the VIP IASW alternate track: Another Script from C. Moreau | Story Orbit Films
    The first line of the script says "to begin playing at the entrance of the Europe section, over song" I think that maybe the record audio may be a more finalized version of this initial script.

I can't get to Disneyland anytime soon to check it out but hopefully someone will soon. Another user mentioned this also on Amelia's blog.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

I just came back home today and found a package at my doorstep. It made me curious cause I realized I didn't order anything recently and wondered if the package was left there by mistake. Looking at the recipient name, it said "Resident Optimist" and had my address under it, and then I was even more confused. But after thinking about it a few seconds, my mouth dropped as I realized that I received one of the records! I am so excited that I got one! I thought they would have been all given out by now since people have been receiving theirs since last week and posting videos and pictures. If you're still hoping for a record, have hope everyone! There could be one coming for you soon!

• Parmageddon Jim

Waiting to hear more records, guessing they fill in each others blanks. Also wondering if the "Society" is the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

I got one of the records! Will transfer ASAP.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Hooray for our two record recipients!

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Oh oh oh! Has anyone with the records tried playing one side on a record player while playing the other side from YouTube, starting both at the same time? How might they fit together?

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Oh oh oh! Has anyone with the records tried playing one side on a record player while playing the other side from YouTube, starting both at the same time? How might they fit together?
    The second side has no pauses as the first side does. Not sure how they would match up.

I can confirm that my record contains the exact same tracks as wil posted on youtube.

I really think the SECOND SIDE hidden track contains significant clues. The bizarre narration seems to suggest themes that have been rumored for the TOMORROWLAND film. Also, the narration at the beginning makes reference to others "hopping tracks" and life having a "beginning, middle, and end."

My theory: there are three different records. The pauses on side 1 will fill each other in. I think it just so happens that my record matches the type already posted on youtube by wil.

We need others to post their audio and match them up. (At least that's my theory.)

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTea View Post
    My theory: there are three different records. The pauses on side 1 will fill each other in. I think it just so happens that my record matches the type already posted on youtube by wil.

We need others to post their audio and match them up. (At least that's my theory.)
    I think there are two records, actually. If you look at your record, it'll say what record number you have. For example, the one I have says 1 of 2. So I guess I have part one. What does your say? I wonder if record 2 of 2 was sent out? I wonder if record 2 of 2 has the audio to fill in the gaps? If we all have record one, I think all the records will be the same.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Awesome finds on the records! Glad we had some MCers get them!

Watching some YouTube videos, it's clear the first side matches up to the Carrousel of Progress. It's timings are perfect for Walt Disney World's version. I'm going to draft up a matching audio thing tomorrow and throw it on YouTube.

I haven't updated the top of the thread because I've been super busy the last few days. I'll post a full recap tomorrow.
    -Monorail Man

It makes sense that the first side would match up with carousel based on the content, and the the second side appears to make several references that would point to the train around Disneyland -- specifically the primeval segment. I wonder if they've hidden any additional patent numbers there?

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Awesome finds on the records! Glad we had some MCers get them!

Watching some YouTube videos, it's clear the first side matches up to the Carrousel of Progress. It's timings are perfect for Walt Disney World's version. I'm going to draft up a matching audio thing tomorrow and throw it on YouTube.

I haven't updated the top of the thread because I've been super busy the last few days. I'll post a full recap tomorrow.

So I drafted a transcript of the Record's Side A audio and the Carousel of Progress audio playing together. I uploaded it here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Vk&usp=sharing

Looking through the comment section, Eric posted the two audio tracks overlaid together. Those links are here:
    https://soundcloud.com/erichester/co...-audio/s-8YYRf
    and here: https://soundcloud.com/erichester/co...-audio/s-MX07L

Interesting points:
    The thunder is being made out to look like the source of energy they are referring to in the record's audio. Someone mentioned in the comments section that this is extremely modern and hasn't been fully developed yet. hmmm....another time travel/alternate universe hint? or just extremely futuristic thinking for the time period?

Also I think that they may be hinting that Tom Edison was part of the society based on the way the two audio tracks interact.

They also say "If you choose to step with us through that door" I wonder what they are referring to here?

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast