Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

re: The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

Comments on Amelia's recent post suggest that the other side of the album could be meant to be played as you ride past the dioramas (which were at the World's Fair?). Anyone up to a ride on the DLRR?

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson

• Parmageddon Jim

The combined recording mentions "The star of the 1939 World's Fair," this GIS offers these provocative images. World of Tomorrow? Star Tower? Rocket to the Stars? And, because they were obviously working on the internet even then, Hitler the Cat!
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Parmageddon Jim

Side two of the record syncs with the images seen from the DLRR, starting at Tomorrowland (natch!) Station and ending at Main Street Station. "To those joining us, welcome aboard," is your sync point, YouTube is your friend. I wonder if there's anything new in the dioramas...

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Somebody on Amelia's blog figured out the code to the Lott website!!!! Amelia showed a picture of a to-do list from her grandpa, and on that list mentioned 'eticket59.' Somebody entered that address to the Lott Family website and it worked! After confirming it working, I had to run in here and tell you guys. I haven't checked the site out yet but here's the link below!

Lott Secret Client Area | Lott Family Construction

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

I just added everything that was found. If you can, download the blueprints and read the patent descriptions of what they 'actually' do. It's quite wild and fantasy-like!
    -Monorail Man

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Totally blue-skying here...

1) More than one poster on StoryOrbit has mentioned that Wallace is dropping clues that he might be an advanced AA.

2) All the new clues from the Tomorrowland plans seem to point to time travel/teleportation, advanced robotics, free energy, and extending human life (never having to say goodbye).

3) MM, you noted that with all this tech, how could Walt Disney die?

4) Wallace look to me to be in his mid 50s-mid 60s. The 64 World's Fair was 49 years ago. Wallace talks about BEING THERE (I remember it rained on my first day there) like he remembers it well, as an adult would, not as a child of 10 or even a teen of 16.

Conclusion (and maybe it is just boredom + toothache): Could Wallace be Walt Disney? Are they going there (and would the family let them)? "Walter Elias" mashes down to Wallace pretty nicely...

• Parmageddon Jim

I'm sure he's not, and I'm absolutely sure the family would not. I am a little creeped out by the record narration talking about cloning, never having to die, and "the icebox," though, considering the urban mythology around Walt's death.

In reading the notes on the Project:Auto Apparatus blueprints, I'm finding phrases such as, "Veracity breach imminent", haha, and, "Systems are grouped in threes, following the Caballeros Principle."

• Parmageddon Jim

Ok, there's definitely some time-travel going on here. I posted here about the "Caballeros Principle" at 9:25 am, and, on Amelia's blog, someone name Megan posted before me, at 11:31 am! oooEEEooo...

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Do you have access to a "portal" you aren't sharing with us???

• Parmageddon Jim

Hmm, authentic part of the game, or really elaborate fake? Either way, I enjoyed listening to it, great editing job! 1967 PeopleMover Spiel w/ Hidden Message? - YouTube

Can you tell it's my day off and I actually have time to play around with this stuff?

Side two of the record syncs with the images seen from the DLRR, starting at Tomorrowland (natch!) Station and ending at Main Street Station. "To those joining us, welcome aboard," is your sync point, YouTube is your friend. I wonder if there's anything new in the dioramas...
    So I went to Disneyland to check this out and commented on Amelia's blog:

Christina says:
    July 24, 2013 at 5:53 am
    Okay, I’ve got the videos of the Monorail and DLRR uploaded. You can watch them here:
    2013 Disneyland Railroad Ride-through - Tomorrowland to Main Street - YouTube
    2013 Disneyland Monorail Ride-through - Downtown Disney to Tomorrowland - YouTube
    Line up both with “To those joining us, Welcome Aboard…” on the Side B audio.

I felt like the monorail lined up with the audio better than the railroad did because the RR had about 2 minutes left over after the ride ended but the monorail ended almost perfectly.

Also the only thing that lined up visually to me on the RR was primeval world and that the audio said hatched right before passing the dino eggs.

The Monorail didn’t line up with the audio that much better but some visual cues I saw were:
    1) saw the heart of tomorrowland (Space Mt, Tomorrowland Terrace, Rocket Rods etc.) for the first time right when the audio said “as we enter the world of tomorrow” (I film mostly out the left window and this was on the right. You can see me unsuccessfully trying to grab it at 3:20)
    2) passed by innoventions around the time CoP was mentioned (that’s where CoP was, right?)
    3)passed by where the path of the skyways would be right as the audio mentioned them.
    4) monorail came to a stop as the audio said “We sure have enjoyed riding this wave of the future with you”
    Still not sure about it though…

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Well, looks like our own Bob Gurr is involved. Lot's of discussion on the front page article about Lott today: DESIGN: Those Were The Times - No.14 1959 Modern Air Travel

Amelia did a call-out for us to post there to get some information.

OOC: I had no clue about this. Things are hitting a little close to home! :eep:
    -Monorail Man

Question re: The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Well, looks like our own Bob Gurr is involved. Lot's of discussion on the front page article about Lott today: DESIGN: Those Were The Times - No.14 1959 Modern Air Travel

Amelia did a call-out for us to post there to get some information.

OOC: I had no clue about this. Things are hitting a little close to home! :eep:
    If Bob Gurr will respond, will he expose anything?
    My roommate is my Mom, I enjoy a caffeinated beverage or two from time to time, I like watching sunrises, and my most favoritest movie of all time ever is Mary Poppins.

Do you think that this article actually relates? Stephen and I had the suspicion Amelia (AKA the game) might be pointing out false leads to deter us from solving other clues too quickly. When she mentioned the Yacht Club and Hobbyland I got that feeling as well. I've never played a game like this before, but like you said in the first post, everything is suspect. On the other hand, these very well could be huge leads though.

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Amelia just confirmed on Twitter that it's not her, but ANOTHER Amelia. They also REMOVED the post. Might be a lost lead. Still, interesting timing.

Here's the post they removed:

OOC: Rant time: A ARG should just roll with the punches, and work with it. Disney seems to want to 'cover their tracks' when it starts to go the wrong way. It's a little too planned and there's no flexibility. Kinda removed some of the fun of this for me right now, IMHO.
    -Monorail Man

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast