Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

re: The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    OOC: Rant time: A ARG should just roll with the punches, and work with it. Disney seems to want to 'cover their tracks' when it starts to go the wrong way. It's a little too planned and there's no flexibility. Kinda removed some of the fun of this for me right now, IMHO.
    I agree. How hard would it be to fabricate replies from "Bob" to fit where they want the game to go? I am still enjoying it, though. Probably because I am not physically chasing leads so my investment is smaller.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Wallace tweeted this an hour ago: https://twitter.com/DCartography/sta.../photo/1/large

Looks like something will be happening tomorrow morning from 8:15 to 8:20 am at Le Grand Courtyard now Le Court des Agnes.

Anyone know any history on that place? I know the concept art was drawn by Herb Ryman and that's about it. I am 99% sure I am going tomorrow to see what happens unless life interferes.

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN

• Searching for Wallace

Small world. I heard about that, too. Monorail Man, try to get one of the park features, be it 'In The Parks' or 'Dateline Disneyland', and alert them to get into the DL park early, snap a few pictures at "Le Grand Courtyard'' and carry on. No MiceChatter can miss this opertunity! ;-)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

It looks like a whole map...

Walt’s Haunts | Disney Cartography
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by OptimistMover View Post
    Small world. I heard about that, too. Monorail Man, try to get one of the park features, be it 'In The Parks' or 'Dateline Disneyland', and alert them to get into the DL park early, snap a few pictures at "Le Grand Courtyard'' and carry on. No MiceChatter can miss this opertunity! ;-)
    Ha! I'll do this myself!

Already taken tomorrow morning off work to hit DL and LA to pickup the clues that we can - an excellently timed power outage at work makes this possible! Walt's barn isn't open until the 3rd Sunday of the month - this might take us a while (unless it's specially open tomorrow for clues). Sounds like an adventure!
    -Monorail Man

• Searching for Wallace

Talking re: The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Ha! I'll do this myself!

Already taken tomorrow morning off work to hit DL and LA to pickup the clues that we can - an excellently timed power outage at work makes this possible! Walt's barn isn't open until the 3rd Sunday of the month - this might take us a while (unless it's specially open tomorrow for clues). Sounds like an adventure!
    You Could Post the Pics Here!
    Last edited by OptimistMover; 07-25-2013 at 07:44 PM.

• Searching for Wallace

What has our world come to! AmeliaMemes? Really?
    Last edited by OptimistMover; 07-26-2013 at 12:30 AM.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Can't wait for an update about the trip to Club 33! I saw some pics from another fan, but am waiting for our own resident sleuth to give his take on the tour...

Also, anyone in our MC group get chili yet? Wondering if there are more than two messages.

• Searching for Wallace

Yeah, Monorail Man should be finishing up.

Alright, stopped by Chili John's to pick up my can.
    For anyone worried about being able to get one, they confirmed for me that they have around 300 cans still left.

The message in my can differed from the one already discovered, referencing a "Science Factual Program" which was an actual series of films Disney Produced. (Youtube.)

Here are scans of the front and back of the card.
    The Optimist - Imgur

Interestingly, the back was actually printed to give the illusion of the printing bleeding through. I flipped it horizontally, but it appeared to contain the same text as the front. Odd that they would go through the trouble if there were no differences to be identified. Maybe the darker text combines to spell out something?

Being the obsessed detective I am, I'm now going to peel back the can label and see if anything has been hidden there. EDIT: there's nothing there. Nobody else needs to ruin their can to find out.
    Last edited by NickyTea; 07-26-2013 at 11:12 AM.

http://i.imgur.com/QaMIfw9.jpg

The symbols on the crest from Club 33 seem to match up to directions on the Disneyland map. Obviously WED is the Castle, and Sam Clemens is the Mark Twain, but it looks like we've got some contenders for the other locations:

HG Welles: Tomorrowland Hub? Astro Orbiters?
    Tesla: Space Mountain?
    Amelia Earhart: Main Street? Maybe dedication plaque?
    Jules Verne: Adventureland? Jungle Cruise?
    Eiffel: Fantasyland? Matternorn?
    Edison: Frontierland? Thunder Mountain?

Maybe we should be checking the dedication plaques for each land?

• Minion

I only just stumbled on the records from an Inside the Magic video sync. Now the game is better capturing my attention.
    Last edited by FigmentJedi; 07-26-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Man, today's trip to Club 33 was A-Ma-ZING!!! I envy you being there MM and thank you for so kindly sharing the experience with us. Know that we all appreciate what you are doing for us.
    Last edited by Attic Haunt; 07-26-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: spelling is our friend

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

After today's AMAZING day - I'm stuck for a few hours at work. Once I'm off, I'll get home and break open that can!

Thanks for everyone that watched. When Wallace called for my name, my heart skipped a beat! This was really fun.

When I was on the phone, it all felt so REAL to me. I didn't have time to think about anything else. What an awesome experience.
    -Monorail Man

I was just brainstorming ideas for where the clues from the "compass" could be and here is what I came up with:

AME = Amelia Mary Earhart

--saw a picture of AME in the Opera House by exit of Lincoln the other day!

JGV = Jules Gabriel Verne

--Old 20,000 leagues under the sea exhibit (the doors to enter were where the star tours line overflow room is now)

SLC = Samuel Leghorns Clemens (Mark Twain)
    --Mark Twain Riverboat: I’m thinking museum or wheelhouse

TAE = Thomas Alva Edison
 (not sure on this one)
    --?big thunder mountain or ranch(thunder and electricity?)
    --Daphne on the blog mentioned that Carnation Gardens(now Fantasy Faire) was meant to be Edison Carnation Gardens. Could be a lead.

WED = Walter Elias Disney

--clue in walkthrough or center stake? or maybe even the hub

AGE = August Gustav Eiffel
    --France section of IASW

HGW = H.G. Wells

--I know he was a science fiction writer and thats about it. so just a guess but the satalites where astro orbiters used to be look pretty "War of the World"'s like.
    --only other thing I can think of science fiction like is maybe there is something inside Innoventions

NT = Nicola Tesla

--alot of theories out there about him making contact with aliens. so thinking space mt. here but almost everything in TL is space themed now so who knows.

I wish I could've looked after the event today but I (and it seemed most of the group) couldn't stay long. Maybe some people can get together a different day and look together. It'd be nice to do this with someone else

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast