Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

re: The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    The plaque only comes out for Halloween.

Updated the first post with our adventures. Just a little over a day until "The Bench".
    Looking forward to whatever "The Bench" may bring tomorrow. It was great meeting you at the Barn, Hastin!

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Oh, the bench! Oh, the agony! Remember, 8:10 for you Westies is 11:10 for us Easties... which means I have to sit at work for 3 hours waiting for the meeting to happen! Not to mention that my sad work computer does not like live streaming video.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Also posted this over on StoryOrbit, but I thought my fellow MiceChatters might appreciate this fun little fanart I just put the finishing touches on:

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Truly wonderful! Thanks for sharing it with us. Now to offsite archive it in my personal stash of images (with appropriate crediting, of course!)...

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Just posting a couple things that have been on my mind here...

1) I think the new artwork Wallace Tweeted about yesterday will be a full Disneyland Park map to use with the plate from Club 33. I thought he would post it early this morning so that those going to the bench would have it, but that didn't happen. Maybe this afternoon well after the bench meetup.

Edited: Okay, I kinda missed on this one...

2) I was looking back over the clue progress (so easy to lose threads of the clues!). Remember the 3 date codes from the table at the Tam? We thought they were either for Lott Family Construction or for the WED Voicemail system. Finding that "eticket59" was the code for the Lott Family Construction files (blueprints) means those codes are for the WED Voicemail System. We need the new phone number and the code for Progressland/Carousel of Progress so we can get other meeting minutes if they exist.

3) I still wonder if Wallace is an advanced audio-animatronic. 1) People say he looks like Father from the CoP and 2) one of the bits from the meeting minutes was about the advanced Mr. Lincoln being delayed. I'm probably waaaaay off on this, but I want to get this all out where otehrs can tell me I'm nuts...

4) The three patents were for...

Auto Apparatus (Rocket to the Moon): an "extra-orbital or para-phasic supra-transit" trainer.

Mark 0 (Circarama): a Holographic Virtual Reality projection system.

Signal Flag: a portal device. The TAPE (Terrestrial Alteration Position Engager) deck referenced in the patent is the portal controller.

... and we have been led to believe that these were operational and ready to be shown to VIPs at the 1964 World's Fair. Too much detail on these for them just to reinforce the probability that the mysterious Society had created lots of techno-juju. What is the significance of these particular items?

Okay. I'm done. Anyone have any opinions, other than that I have too much free time while I wait for the bench meetup?
    Last edited by Attic Haunt; 08-01-2013 at 04:07 PM.

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

With the new art it's kind of obvious... but maybe there is a clue in the Halloween tree or it's general direction lining up with the old wedway track that can be seen from the Mark Twain's wheelhouse?
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

There was a link to this on Amelia's blog in the comments. We have a booth number and a surprise. Glad I'll be there for this one!

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQn8E24CMAE23Bd.jpg:medium
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Password is Progress...

Pirates
    Autopia
    Space Mountain
    Space Mountain
    World of Color
    O
    Radiator Springs racers
    Dumbo

Its a small world
    Space Mointain

Pirates
    RSR
    O
    Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
    RSR
    Enchanted Tiki Room
    Space Mountain
    Space Mountain

Posted this on the blog because some were asking for a summary. Thought I'd post it here until Hastin can get a full/better summary of the day with his video/photos.

We all met at Walts Bench went inside Great Moments theatre where Wallace told us that some attractions in Disneyland came to fruition, some changed along the way (like epcot) but others were never realized at all. Began speaking of Edison Sq. Gardens and said that on the next part of our tour “the closer we look the more we will find” (someone will surely post video of this part when they get a chance)

In groups we went to Walt’s Appartment where two CMs gave the usual guided tour (told us about the lamp always being on, the decorations in the room etc.) except for some extra emphasis on the phonograph (which according to others is not usually part of tour) He showed us a canister that you attach to phonograph to play music. It had an Eiffel tower on it.

After, Wallace posted his new art. This is where certain groups split up to head to different clues.

The group that stayed on Main Street went to 20th Century music where they found a cylinder that matched the one shown to us on the tour. On the top it said “Edison Records” and “9639″ on the sides it said “Paris echoes all over the world”. Some tried riding IASW but couldn’t find anything significant.
    August 1, 2013 at 12:21 pm-Photo of cylinder on Main St.
    Update: The slogan of Edison Records was "echo all around the world" ours specifically mentions Paris and has the Eiffel Tower. This must be significant. also the 9639 corresponds "Tell Mother I'll be There" by Charles M Filmore. A few people on the blog mentioned that something on the cylinder led to a patent # but I can't find/don't remember hearing anthing about this?? Does anyone know what they are talking about?

I should mention here that the group is torn on if this was actually the clue we were supposed to find for “look beyond the lamp” Some think that because it is not in direct view of Walt’s window and because they already showed us this cylinder inside the apartment, it doesn’t correlate. I think that “beyond” is intended to be taken as, look at other things in the appartment besides the obvious–to me that means the phonograph and canister and that it was placed on Main st so we could get a closer look at it.

The second group went to the Mark Twain to ride the wheelhouse. Couldn’t see anything significant while riding the wheelhouse but were given a certificate, the usual one handed out when riding wheelhouse, except for very small writing in bottom right hand corner that said “12:00 PM Saturday May 21, 1932″ with a tiny wheelhouse? symbol. A google search told us this was the date Amelia Earhart made her first transatlantic voyage. Some checked the portrait by Great Moments. Nothing significant.
    August 1, 2013 at 1:27 pm

The third group went to ride Astro Orbiters where you were able to see a symbol written on the people mover track. It was a circle, diamond, circle
    August 1, 2013 at 2:12 pm

The group then tried looking in New Orleans Sq where we thought symbols on the lightpoles looked too similar to that symbol (can someone post a photo of this too?) Only one of the lightpoles in front of 21 Royal Street was lit. Tried to do some searching. The fortune teller clues mentioned certain attractions (small world, castle) that others in the group checked out with no luck. We are still not certain if the lightpoles or the fortunes were actual clues or false leads.
    August 1, 2013 at 2:11 pm

We are not sure if we found everything we were supposed to find today or not but that’s sort of where we ended things.
    Last edited by JDisneyB; 08-01-2013 at 08:16 PM.

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Today was nothing short of frustrating. Getting to visit Walt's Apartment was fun, but I have a feeling that we either:

-Discovered what we were suppose to, and that's it.
    -Totally missed HOW these three clues combine. The Circle - Diamond - Circle doesn't even seem to play into anything.

At least that Wallace ad was easy!
    -Monorail Man

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Hastin, I can only imagine how frustrating yesterday was. Did you see the iasw pic posted by a fan on Amelia's blog? Cirlce-diamond-circle on a tower by the attraction.

Thanks for being our feet on the ground! Did your battery run out of power yesterday?

• Parmageddon Jim

"O" is for Orange Stinger
    Last edited by Gn2Dlnd; 08-02-2013 at 12:28 PM.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gn2Dlnd View Post
    "O" is for Orange Stinger
    Thanks. Never heard of that one...

• Parmageddon Jim

It's in YesterDCA, now repurposed as Silly Symphony Swings.

• Parmageddon Jim

Hastin, gang, I really enjoyed following along on Ustream last night! Wish I had minions to staff my farmer's mkts so I could be there too, but the cheese ain't gonna sell itself. Walt's apartment, Club 33 last week, getting called out by Wallace, amazing! The entire time you were in the Mark Twain wheelhouse, I figured your clue would be over the construction wall on Big Thunder, or on your certificate, so, yay for armchair optimism!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast