Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

re: The Optimist: Disney's WDI/WED Tomorrowland Movie ARG - Summary and Recap

I just wanted to point out that an Optimist (Kristina) pointed out that her certificate from the wheelhouse from Saturday 7/27 did NOT have the Amelia Earhart clue that we found on 8/1. She went there specifically to look for clues because of the "compass" from Club 33.
    I am mentioning this because it makes it clear that clues are being planted when they want us to find them so that they can keep the pace of the game. This is sort of frustrating but it could just mean that we are not entirely off on some of our leads just that they haven't actually set us up to find it yet (aka we are ahead of the game )
    Don't get discouraged just yet!

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Added Thursday's stuff, and the Postcard from Today.
    -Monorail Man

• Parmageddon Jim

Okay, bear with me. The TU turns out to be a +U if you enlarge the plaque on the second statue. "Plus" U. Plus universe? As in, maybe Edison Square DID get built, but not in Anaheim? Perhaps right next door? In an alternate universe? I keep going back to the mysterious humming at iasw at the World's Fair, the alternate (universe?) narrations for Carousel of Progress and the steam trains. The references to alternative forms of energy, cloning, robotics, etc. If these things were up and running in 1964, why do we not use them now? Why have we continued to lose our great visionaries like Walt Disney and Ray Bradbury? According to the Carousel narration, the world would be lauding their progress, the moment they were "prepared to trust" us with it. There's something ominous about that statement. In the flash game we just played, we get a look at what an alternate Disneyland might look like if Edison Square had been built. It almost looks like what the park would look like if Edison Square were, instead of an offshoot of Main Street, the entire focus of the park! These "Society" members were some pretty big brains, what was the purpose of this Society? Were the glasses in Club 33 merely tributes, or are they kept there to be used when society members meet? Many, many questions!

Hmm, I'm getting this message when I try to post the above on Amelia's blog-
    Sorry! Comments that contain inappropriate words cannot be posted
    edited to add: I had to lowercase and space the T in TU to get past the word filter. What's TU? Maybe it's a Vermont thing, like coffee milk.
    Last edited by Gn2Dlnd; 08-03-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

So, what about that "live chat" last night? Miget Autopia in Marceline? There has to be something else there. I wish I could lay hands on a transcript from last night. I can't listen to the audio at work.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

{}

Y'know, I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but I'm still a little upset that none of the Wallace artwork will be available outside of D23. You would think that Disney would look at the number of people playing the game online who are already saying they won't be able to be at the Expo to make them think, "Hmmm, maybe we could make more money by offering to let those who actually registered with the game order this stuff online." I can only hope they decide this after D23 is over. I hate the thought of people who buy just to resell on E-Bay, etc. grabbing up these pieces simply because they could afford to make it to the Expo.

Okay... {/}
    Last edited by Attic Haunt; 08-06-2013 at 12:38 PM. Reason: rants make grammar & spelling go bye-bye

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

Is it me or does our friend Wallace look a lot like Stephen King?Name:  Wallace and King.JPG
Views: 648
Size:  11.2 KB

The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

I thought that, too!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Moved this to the D23 Expo area, considering this is where it will end this weekend.

Excited to see what Wallace has to share. I'll be posting here, Livestreaming (http://ustream.tv/channels/hastinz), and Tweeting all day tomorrow on whatever exciting #TheOptimist things happen!
    -Monorail Man

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Way to represent us, Hastin! Thanks for helping those of us who can't be there feel like part of the action. Enjoy!

(...and if you happen to get any cool info on the Hat Box Ghost figure, well that would be a bonus)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

First post is all caught up, and ready for Expo.
    -Monorail Man

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Today was amazing, and I would never have been able to enjoy it if it hadn't been for you. Can't wait to find out where we go from here.

Just curious, which poster did you end up getting?

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Wow, this game has made quite a development since I've been gone! Club 33 and Walt's apartment??? I am insanely jealous that I missed all of that (it also, makes me sorely miss my Premium Pass )! But I am now all caught up thanks to your awesome summaries, Monorail Man! Can't wait to see your summary about what happened at D23!

• Semi Back

Ive followed the progress of this game and it amazes me the work that Disney has put into it and how it's brought so many people together to achieve a goal

• Candlelight Caroler

What a fitting epilogue to our adventure, and as the live stream Optimists shared, a vast concept imparting a single moment of deep personal connection and emotion. It’s going to be hard to see things as they are now, following this profound experience. All of my Disney podcasts and blogs, trips and parks, movies and products seem mundane now compared to The Society and our family of Optimists. I hope the upcoming Tomorrowland “documentary” will open the public’s eyes to the work of The Society, and keep alive our dream of creating a better tomorrow together. Time to give some thought on how we can all continue the work of this vital organization.
    Last edited by gpiltz; 08-10-2013 at 09:58 PM.

I had heard about Wallace through several Twitter sources, and decided to check out his booth at the Expo.

During the Live-Action presentation on Saturday, my friend was checking out the borders in the guide book, and found out about 'Progress.'

I then decided to visit Wallace, who explained that if I chose to take the journey, it would take around 2-3 hours, and I would need to go into Disneyland for part of it. I explained I didn't have a pass to go there, but was still interested. I was handed a pamphlet, along with a business card of Wallace's, which had writing on the back of it. I had stopped by Wallace's booth previously, and an assistant had given me another card, this one blank on the back.

I went over to the clock model, but was at a loss for what to do. It was when I went back the next day, that I found a couple other people wondering what to do. I noticed that my brochure had some red colorings, and anothers had blue. Checking it out, we found some discrepancies, and soon realized that we needed to combine them together!

This led me and another person to the Imagineering pavilion. Eventually, that was where our journey came to an end, as the next clue was to be at the Firehouse on Main Street.

I decided to go back to Wallace, to see if I would be afforded anything for some of what I had done. Even though I didn't fully complete his task, Wallace graciously offered me one of the 4 prints at his booth. Seeing as how I had always heard about it, but never ridden it (as it came down before I was born), I chose his print of 'The Carousel of Progress.' Wallace did point out that there was a printing discrepancy, but I still took it anyways.

It was definitely a surprise diversion from much of the Expo, though I did wish I could have completed the whole thing (doing things in groups is often a fun experience for me).

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast