View Poll Results: Your Expectations For Ride Based On Planes &/Or Sequel, Planes: Fire & Rescue

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ride Will Likely Be Based On the Original "Planes". Film.

    0 0%
  • Ride Will Likely Be Based On Sequel, " Planes: Fire & Rscue."

    0 0%
  • Ride Will Likely Be Based On Both Planes Movies Combined.

    1 11.11%
  • Botjh Planes Movies Will Crash $ Burn : Any Ride Plans Will Go Up In Smoke.

    8 88.89%
  • I want an original ride that would lift my wing s and spin my propellers!

    2 22.22%
  • I want a radio control Planes: Fire & Rescue Plane, so I could help fight forest fires.

    0 0%
  • Movies and rides about planes terrify me, as I'm affraid I would crash land.

    0 0%
  • Make a movie based on Goofy's Flight School, then Disney could save mone on a ride.

    0 0%
  • Create A Ride Based On the Mickey Mouse cartoon, "Plane Crazy" For Pete's Sake.

    0 0%
  • If Pretty Little Bluebirds Fly Above The Rainbow, Why Oh Why Can't I?!

    1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Online

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,388

    Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already Out

    ThThe name of the upcoming "Planes" sequel is "Planes: Fire & Rescue". This is the first time that I've heard of a sequel release date being announced before the original film hits the theaters. The release date of Fire and Rescue is July 18, 2014. The original Planes hasn't even left the hanger yet!


    I might be guesing a bit, but just the same my blue sky projection is that both films will scream down the runway and soar way above the clouds in terms of popularity.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #2

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    15,031

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    Does that mean I have to wait that much longer for "Boats" ?

    What about "Trains" ?

    "Rickshaws" ?

    "Rickshaws2" ?

    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

  3. #3

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Online

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,388

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Does that mean I have to wait that much longer for "Boats" ?

    What about "Trains" ?

    "Rickshaws" ?

    "Rickshaws2" ?

    I'll meet up with you on my Segway, and we'll discuss it further.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-23-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  4. #4

    • I'm a Lutheran
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,138

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    I've always been one to get peeved when people say Planes is a Pixar movie. It's not...IT'S NOT!!!!!!

    I don't want to see any rides based on it. I can assume it will have a presence somewhere in DCA, but I still wouldn't want to see a full-blown land or ride based around it. Then again, who am I to judge? If it's anything like Wreck-It Ralph​, we're in for a treat. Then I'll want to see a ride.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

  5. #5

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Online

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,388

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    I've always been one to get peeved when people say Planes is a Pixar movie. It's not...IT'S NOT!!!!!!

    I don't want to see any rides based on it. I can assume it will have a presence somewhere in DCA, but I still wouldn't want to see a full-blown land or ride based around it. Then again, who am I to judge? If it's anything like Wreck-It Ralph​, we're in for a treat. Then I'll want to see a ride.
    Wreck It Ralph! would be an awesome basis for generateing an great ride. That said, Ralph had best had best not even think about wreaking my Planes ride.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  6. #6

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Online

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,388

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Does that mean I have to wait that much longer for "Boats" ?

    What about "Trains" ?

    "Rickshaws" ?

    "Rickshaws2" ?

    I'll meet up with you on my Segway to discuss it further.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  7. #7

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    467

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    They already announced it would be a trilogy, before the release date for the first movie was out, so this doesn't surprise me. It's an ambitious project. Have to wait and see the end result.

  8. #8

    • ~
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    524

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    I've always been one to get peeved when people say Planes is a Pixar movie. It's not...IT'S NOT!!!!!!

    I don't want to see any rides based on it. I can assume it will have a presence somewhere in DCA, but I still wouldn't want to see a full-blown land or ride based around it. Then again, who am I to judge? If it's anything like Wreck-It Ralph​, we're in for a treat. Then I'll want to see a ride.
    But this isn't the Walt Disney Animation Studios. This is DisneyToon Studios, responsible for Disney's direct-to-video sequels as well as their plethora of Tinker Bell movies. The purpose of their existence has never been to produce anything of quality, it's been to exploit property that has proved to be successful and milk it for all they can. This including Planes, aiming to tap into the massive success and profitability of the Cars franchise, one of Disney's only properties to successfully appeal to the boy demographic before the purchase of Marvel and Lucasfilm. With both Planes and its already set sequel (and rumored Boats and Trains spin-offs dependending on the reception of Planes), Disney has recognized that they have a sizable built-in audience for a continuation of the Cars franchise, as well a multitude of merchandising possibilities--if the spin-off is anywhere near merchandise juggernaut that Cars was, it will sell everything from bedding to backpacks, and it will sell well.

    Not to say that Planes will be terrible--their recent Tinker Bell movies are certainly more palatable than previous direct-to-video fare like The Hunchback of Notre Dame II or The Fox and the Hound 2, both in animation quality and overall storytelling competency--I just think it's safe to say that I will be surprised if Planes is much better than mediocre, cutesy kiddo fare.

  9. #9

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,890

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    But this isn't the Walt Disney Animation Studios. This is DisneyToon Studios, responsible for Disney's direct-to-video sequels as well as their plethora of Tinker Bell movies. The purpose of their existence has never been to produce anything of quality, it's been to exploit property that has proved to be successful and milk it for all they can. This including Planes, aiming to tap into the massive success and profitability of the Cars franchise, one of Disney's only properties to successfully appeal to the boy demographic before the purchase of Marvel and Lucasfilm. With both Planes and its already set sequel (and rumored Boats and Trains spin-offs dependending on the reception of Planes), Disney has recognized that they have a sizable built-in audience for a continuation of the Cars franchise, as well a multitude of merchandising possibilities--if the spin-off is anywhere near merchandise juggernaut that Cars was, it will sell everything from bedding to backpacks, and it will sell well.

    Not to say that Planes will be terrible--their recent Tinker Bell movies are certainly more palatable than previous direct-to-video fare like The Hunchback of Notre Dame II or The Fox and the Hound 2, both in animation quality and overall storytelling competency--I just think it's safe to say that I will be surprised if Planes is much better than mediocre, cutesy kiddo fare.
    Exactly right. DisneyToon Studios is the same direct-to-video studio that John Lasseter threw fits about (and rightfully so) when he first came aboard and saw the abysmal quality of the Tinkerbell movie. He tried to shut it down. Guess what happened?

    From that time to today, no one has lost a dime betting on Bob Iger backing Disney Consumer Products over John's creative standards. DisneyToon Studios is essentially a low budget wrist for DCP's product-infomercial movies.

    And when DCP talks, even Lasseter walks.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 07-20-2013 at 07:50 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  10. #10

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    I've always been one to get peeved when people say Planes is a Pixar movie. It's not...IT'S NOT!!!!!!
    Does it matter? To me I don't care which division is making it, it's still a Disney film. The quality of the final product is what I will judge by, not whatever logo precedes the movie.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  11. #11

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,927
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    Well look at Turbo....it had the same amount of excitement around it as plane...and that film flopped

    Disney may have to make the sequel a direct to DVD film..if this one does not make over 100 million

  12. #12

    • Heavy Breather
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    798

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    I myself am not a fan of this film coming out in theatres and think it should have stayed a direct to DVD release.


    What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

    Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/









  13. #13

    • Singing Drinker
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,922

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    I have to admit, I hadn't been tracking this too closely and was under the impression it was Pixar.

    Finding out it's *sigh* DT Studios... well, it'll be easier to wait to see it.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Near the Magic of Disneyland
    Posts
    377

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    I was looking forward to seeing this movie, but the last theatrical trailer I saw had my enthusiasm drop in altitude.
    I have also noticed the Planes toys are not moving off the shelves at Target or Wal-Mart.

  15. #15

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Online

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,388

    Re: Disney Must Expect Planes To Be High Flying Hit: Sequel Release Date Is Already O

    Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    They already announced it would be a trilogy, before the release date for the first movie was out, so this doesn't surprise me. It's an ambitious project. Have to wait and see the end result.
    Terrific! Disney's even more gungho about the franchise than I thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    But this isn't the Walt Disney Animation Studios. This is DisneyToon Studios, responsible for Disney's direct-to-video sequels as well as their plethora of Tinker Bell movies. The purpose of their existence has never been to produce anything of quality, it's been to exploit property that has proved to be successful and milk it for all they can. This including Planes, aiming to tap into the massive success and profitability of the Cars franchise, one of Disney's only properties to successfully appeal to the boy demographic before the purchase of Marvel and Lucasfilm. With both Planes and its already set sequel (and rumored Boats and Trains spin-offs dependending on the reception of Planes), Disney has recognized that they have a sizable built-in audience for a continuation of the Cars franchise, as well a multitude of merchandising possibilities--if the spin-off is anywhere near merchandise juggernaut that Cars was, it will sell everything from bedding to backpacks, and it will sell well.

    Not to say that Planes will be terrible--their recent Tinker Bell movies are certainly more palatable than previous direct-to-video fare like The Hunchback of Notre Dame II or The Fox and the Hound 2, both in animation quality and overall storytelling competency--I just think it's safe to say that I will be surprised if Planes is much better than mediocre, cutesy kiddo fare.
    Walt Disney and his company was founded on quality toons; not animation as a fine quality art. I have faith Lasseter and others overseers are demanding the highest quality storytelling and stylin' fun toon animation. the company is not about to spend money on a trilogy that looks like it was produced on an Etch-O-Scetch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Exactly right. DisneyToon Studios is the same direct-to-video studio that John Lasseter threw fits about (and rightfully so) when he first came aboard and saw the abysmal quality of the Tinkerbell movie. He tried to shut it down. Guess what happened?

    From that time to today, no one has lost a dime betting on Bob Iger backing Disney Consumer Products over John's creative standards. DisneyToon Studios is essentially a low budget wrist for DCP's product-infomercial movies.

    And when DCP talks, even Lasseter walks.
    Did you say Disney Toon Studios is about to begin producing major animation flicks in competition to the other brands?! No. Will perhaps many will chnge their toon once the boxoffice profits are anniounced. I assure you that John Lasseter is not likely whistling Dixie while allowing film production to take a nosedive.

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Does it matter? To me I don't care which division is making it, it's still a Disney film. The quality of the final product is what I will judge by, not whatever logo precedes the movie.
    Good point. Doesn't matter which division does the project. Quality investment of dollars will help create incentive for animators to do a superb job. The Disney Toon Studios folks are probsbly prowd they are being given the opportunity to prove themselves on the upcoming trilogy.

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Well look at Turbo....it had the same amount of excitement around it as plane...and that film flopped

    Disney may have to make the sequel a direct to DVD film..if this one does not make over 100 million
    Not all Disney films are smash hits, but Dream Works films have nothing to do with whether a Dismney movie is successful or flops. The only way any Planes film will be going dorect to DVD is if Turbo were added to the title, as in "Turbo Planes: Fire & Faster Than A Speeding Slug Rescue.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    I myself am not a fan of this film coming out in theatres and think it should have stayed a direct to DVD release.
    I plan to watch the film in the thrater, and then do follow-up viewing from my cable company's menu.

    Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    I have to admit, I hadn't been tracking this too closely and was under the impression it was Pixar.

    Finding out it's *sigh* DT Studios... well, it'll be easier to wait to see it.
    I thought it was Pixar too, but I don't give a hoot which division made the film. Besides if I look at a film production name too long, my eyes start getting blurry.


    Quote Originally Posted by dazyhill View Post
    I was looking forward to seeing this movie, but the last theatrical trailer I saw had my enthusiasm drop in altitude.
    I have also noticed the Planes toys are not moving off the shelves at Target or Wal-Mart.
    Nobody's seen the movie yet....why would kids be all that excited about something they havn't been exposed to? Hope your enthusim rises in altitude ib the future.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] WDW Cited By OSHA In Monorail Accident. Disney Must Decide Whether To Contest.
    By Ride Warrior in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-29-2009, 04:55 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 09:30 AM
  3. Disney brings a hybrid version of "High School Musical" to HKDL in Jan 2008
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2007, 09:24 PM
  4. Disney ready to cash in on 'High School 2'
    By ALIASd in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 04:49 PM
  5. Disney top of the class with 'High School Musical - Reuters 02/07/06
    By BigPigletFan in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 03:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •