• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will be delayed after Lone Ranger debacle

'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Delayed Beyond Summer 2015 - The Hollywood Reporter
    Producer Jerry Bruckheimer says the decision to push Pirates of Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, which is set to return Johnny Depp to the Capt. Jack Sparrow role, was made because of script issues. He is hopeful that the film can be ready for summer 2016.

“We have an outline everyone loves but the script is not done,” Bruckheimer revealed in an exclusive interview with THR.

The move comes in the aftermath of The Lone Ranger's failure at the box office this summer. Disney has said that the $250 million-plus production from the team behind the Pirates movies could lead to a $190 million write down for the studio.

Asked whether the potential price tag of the next Pirates film played a role in the delay, Bruckheimer replies, “It’s all a factor. We want a script that everyone’s signed off on and a budget that everyone’s signed off on.” (Such projects have cost as much as $300 million in the past.) Coming up with a great script is “always hard,” Bruckheimer says, and after this summer, “everybody’s more cautious.”
    'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Delayed Beyond Summer 2015 - The Hollywood Reporter

• Singing Drinker

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will be delayed after Lone Ranger debacle

*rolls eyes*

*translation*

"Oh crap. Johnny Depp isn't 100% pure box office gold regardless of what we shovel him into? Uh oh. Maybe we ought to make sure we have a script before we shoot. Just kidding, we're just going to wait until The Lone Ranger is a footnote and then make it up as we go along anyway."

*edit*

Looking at IMDB, I'm going to hazard a guess that if any of the three productions he's involved in that are under way (one in post, two in pre) break out and are hits then this will all melt away and production will start more or less immediately. If they don't, P5 may not end up happening.
    Last edited by BogLurch; 09-10-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Infinitized!

Who would've thought Mark Hamill would displace Johnny Depp?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Disney boots Bruckheimer after Lone Ranger flop

End of an Era: Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer to Part Ways | Variety

I am NOT liking this! We do Not want a delay!!
    I am soooo sorry to here this, it was released just a month after the claimed to be hunting movie extras.......
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

Wow, so they are going to trow him out only because TLR? I know they are mistakes (that not only him made) but after all the money they got wit pirates and others?

I was actually in line for Pirates when I heard about this. I was DEVASTATED. I'm actually hopeful they'll include the mermaids again in this one. I really wish they could make it come out sooner though!
    "Who's she?!?"
    "Oh her? Oh, that's Wendy!"
    "A girl?!"
    "What's she doing here?!"
    "..and in her nightdress too!"
    "...We were only trying to drown her..that's all."

• Whip cracker

Very disappointed when I heard this, but I hope they make any necessary improvements to the script and make it really good.
    If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones ... and Disneyland

I am sharing the latest I received about Pirate, true or untrue....
    Here It Is...!!!

":SPOILER-Release on Pirates 5:"

Sent from my iPhoneBy Sigrid Salucop | October 14, 2013 2:04 PM EST

CREDIT: Facebook/Pirates of the Caribbean
    Joachim Ronning's and Espen Sandberg's Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is well underway according to sources; even if rumours started swirling in Sept. that the writers are having problems with the script. The film, titled "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" will be released in 2016.

Mild Spoilers for "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales"

Witches, Witches, and More Witches

There will be witches and one will cause some sexual tension between her and Jack Sparrow. However, the sexual tension is described as "one sided" according to an insider. This particular woman "suspected of witchcraft" is a scientist based on the most recent scoop from the "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" script.

Based on Nathanson's script, there are real witches in Pirates of the Caribbean 5 but they are a tad better than Tia Dalma.

No Angelica from "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides"

Penelope Cruz's character will not make a comeback in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales." This is sad news for those rooting out for Penelope Cruz's return in the franchise but don't lose hope, it's still two years to go and the writers might make a few changes in the script.

No Will and Elizabeth

Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan might not be in the film, according to insiders. If the rumours are true, this will be unfortunate for Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan fans who want to know what happened to the couple. Sources say, they will be replaced by another couple who come from farming families.

The Dead Man

One of the lead characters Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is a British ghost who is out for revenge. The British military recruit will go out on a revenge mission with Captain Barbossa when Barbossa was still alive.

An Awkward Wedding

An awkward wedding will happen. Will Captain Jack Sparrow finally tie the knot? Or will he just gatecrash a wedding for the heck of it? Insiders say Pirates of the Caribbean 5 will start with this wedding.

Bermuda Triangle

The Bermuda Triangle element will be added to the movie's plot line.
    Jack Sparrow: [to Weatherby Swann] I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.