Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Goofy

Re: The Little Mermaid in Theaters with Second Screen - WORST IDEA EVER

awful idea talk about distraction. seems like disney is going backwards now days lol

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    You go into a movie to watch a movie, not play little mini games on your ipads along the way. It's good to know that the majority of the viewers do not like this idea.
    But you have to understand, it's being marketed for that. Not just as a movie. That's like going into a bowling alley when they are doing cosmic bowling and getting mad that the music is loud and the lights are too low.

In fact, I just got this in an email from AMC. It's not meant to be a "sit down and shut up" type of experience.

Name:  7e484e04-a.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  117.0 KB
    10 year AP holder for Disneyland and finally just upgraded to the Premium pass!

Disney Infinity Power Discs for sale/trade.

Started the blog Disney Geekery. Hope you all check it out

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeekery View Post
    Read your review - you unfortunately kinda confirm my worst suspicions.

We currently can't count on even a healthy minority of theatregoers to be polite with their electronics in-theatre. The distractions from the movie (which will likely lower the quality of the experience if you're *not* well versed, and as you note the questions seem geared to the younger set), the need to consider the experience of those around you which usually doesn't make it in the door, the overall intrusion...

I can see a market for it, but the market's one that already is driving me from seeing first-run movies in the theatre. Good review, though.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    Read your review - you unfortunately kinda confirm my worst suspicions.

We currently can't count on even a healthy minority of theatregoers to be polite with their electronics in-theatre. The distractions from the movie (which will likely lower the quality of the experience if you're *not* well versed, and as you note the questions seem geared to the younger set), the need to consider the experience of those around you which usually doesn't make it in the door, the overall intrusion...

I can see a market for it, but the market's one that already is driving me from seeing first-run movies in the theatre. Good review, though.
    Thank you.

As I mentioned, it really is an all or nothing thing. If a majority of the theater were taking part, it would be fun. When you're one of two, it defeats the competition aspect of it.

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeekery View Post
    Thank you.

As I mentioned, it really is an all or nothing thing. If a majority of the theater were taking part, it would be fun. When you're one of two, it defeats the competition aspect of it.
    I suppose in a way it could be considered like an introvert's version of the singalongs then.

It still encourages behavior in a movie showing that I think should be greeted with a healthy ding to the ear though.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

"Break the rules" says Disney's latest campaign for the Second Screen experience.

Name:  images_body01.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  28.8 KB

• Singing Drinker

I suppose it's better than "Make your neighbors hate you!"?

•   
    • Minion

this is a bad idea all the way around. It's already bad enough seeing those devices light up in the DARK movie theater already. Now it's being encouraged but a company who doesn't even own the theaters? Most theaters now warn people against using these things because they are distracting. One thing that we need to realize is the more we send less time concentrating on one thing our brain can't learn how to stay focused. Just go to the movies and enjoy the story leave your tablet at home. You can use the second screen when it's released on Blu-Ray and not distract everyone else in the process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12