Little Mermaid Blu-Ray has "Part of Your World" editing error

Yikes...someone screwed up and mis-edited "Part of Your World" on the new Little Mermaid Blu-Ray...

Little Mermaid’s Blu-Ray has part of her world in the wrong place | Talkbacker

Major Editing Error in "Part of Your World" on the LITTLE MERMAID Blu-Ray...

Yikes. Disney is admitting the mistake, but they are calling it minor with no impact on the movie.

Check it out for yourself.

Little Mermaid’s Blu-Ray has part of her world in the wrong place | Talkbacker

• Singing Drinker

Re: Little Mermaid Blu-Ray has "Part of Your World" editing error

Well, not quite as bad as the Rescuers VHS debacle a few years back, but still...

I'm guessing they'll eventually buckle and start offering exchanges to a corrected version.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• Senior Minion

And here is Disneys response via their Consumer Relations:

Thank you for contacting Walt Disney Studios.

In preparation for its Blu-ray release, THE LITTLE MERMAID went through an intensive re-mastering process. Unfortunately, a minor oversight led to a switch of two small cuts during the Part of Your World scene.

There is no impact on the quality or overall experience of the film.

We hope this provides you with the information you require. However, if you require any further information then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
    Disney Consumer Relations
    Careful, Disney. Your disrespect for your customers and disregard for the quality of your product is showing. Again.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Re: Major Editing Error in "Part of Your World" on the LITTLE MERMAID Blu-Ray...

Flounder shot first LOL

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Re: Major Editing Error in "Part of Your World" on the LITTLE MERMAID Blu-Ray...

not really good if most of the copies are messed up in terms of both Audio and scene,and,..this is the same company thats under critism, wants people and kids to sing and play games during the 3D movie theater release of the same film

• Minion

Wow! That's a big mistake in my book! I mean it's not the original intention of the direction.
    Jeff Wayne

• Parking Lot > DCA

Maybe I am crazy, but is it that big of a deal? It seems like a clip was just out of place?

It's a big deal when the animation shows Ariel singing and gesturing and no sound is coming out of her mouth and then jump cuts to her sitting at the bottom of her grotto...when seen on your home theater or heaven's forbid, on the big screen, it's going to be VERY noticeable.

• Sock Puppet

It's a product - that you may choose to buy or not.
    If this is a "major" issue, I wish I had your life.

This gaffe won't throw off the audio/video synch for the rest of the movie, right?
    Other then that, its not a huge deal for me; just something to laugh about.

It's a pretty awful mistake, and very jarring for those that know the film well. There's also an editing error where the fade to Scuttle is missing. The titles have also been changed, but those were intentional. Thankfully, Disney IS fixing it.

Information provided by a thread on a blu ray forum:

DISNEY IS ONLY REPLACING THE 2D BLU-RAY AND DVD OF THE SETS!

-Contact Disney via phone or web:
    Quote:
    800-723-4763 (U.S.)
    888-877-2843 (Canada)

Disney DVD & Blu-ray Help Center

Disney will require you to give them your information (name, address, ect) and then ask you a few questions such as Where did you purchase the Blu-Ray?,What is the UPC, ect. They will tell you that they will send you a pre-paid label and that all you need is to put the discs (2D Blu-Ray and the DVD) in an envelope and then send it on its way. The phone call will probably take 10-15 mins. If you eMail, it should take 1-2 days for a response.

REPLACEMENT PROGRAM IS FREE. THEY COVER ALL CHARGES.

When you ship it out, they say it may take 4-6 weeks, but from past experience, it only takes a week or two the most.