Disney's Frozen premiere white carpet photos

Disney really knows how to do a red carpet, or, in the case of the premiere of Disney's Frozen, a white carpet. The carpet was adorned with real snow and celebrities were served hot cocoa when they arrived. Here's a fan's-eye-view of the premiere of Disney's Frozen at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood! http://mydreamcametrue.com/frozenpremiere.html

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Disney's Frozen premiere white carpet photos

Kristen Bell and Melissa Joan Hart are each a beautiful ice princess in their own right. The artificial snow, the ice castle and all the celebrities with character and characters with character made for a very warm Frozen premier event that will remain melted into my memory. Thank you so much Jenn for the wonderful wintery report and cool photos.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-21-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yes, Mellissa Joan Hart is looking really good in your photo!

But what surprised me most on the photos is the New Sign on the front of the Disney Soda fountain ~ the HUGE new "Ghirardelli" sign. Did they change the brand of ice cream there, also? Did the menu change with the new addition?

• Heavy Breather

I saw an early screening this evening and it was great!!
    The main characters are interesting, Olaf was hilarious, the music and songs were very good. The Lopez's are great songwriters and I hope they stick around for more features. I felt like there wasn't a defined villain per se, but the conflict between Anna and Elsa was so interesting and ultimately heartwarming that I didn't care that the revealed villain turned out to be a greedy Radcliffe character. Yet their reveal was unexpected and left the audience shocked. I feel like we are getting back to that level of greatness of the Golden Age and the Renaissance. Hopefully we can see a traditionally hand drawn feature of this caliber again.
    Oh, and the Mickey short "Get a Horse" was hysterical. That and it was great to hear Walt as Mickey :')

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    I felt like there wasn't a defined villain per se, but the conflict between Anna and Elsa was so interesting and ultimately heartwarming
    Conflict between those who love one another is sort of the subtext, but more directly the conflict was within Elsa, with her fear of hurting others (Anna in particular) as the real villain of the story. Elsa doesn't realize this, which means that love gives rise to fear, which in turn causes her to stifle love--a vicious circle--ultimately creating a coldness in her heart (the lyrics of the opening song foreshadow every major theme, by the way) and more literally freezing everything around her (after "Let It Go" and her rebirth as the Snow Queen). The only way for Elsa to gain control of her powers and become a whole person again was to
    Spoiler
    feel and express her love without fear--accidents aside, she never was inherently a danger to Anna or anybody else (hugging or touching should have been no problem), but fear took control of her life and was expressly what made her lose control. Once she realized at the end that she had no reason to fear and could--and should--feel love, her struggle was over.
    A few have complained that this seemed too easy a resolution, but if you think about it, it definitely was not--like so many other things, simple does not necessarily imply easy. Anna, of course, was the one who had the "power" and the strength to save her, overcoming her own problems in the process.

By the way, interestingly there are some parallels between Elsa and Anakin Skywalker, in that they both struggled with the same inner demon. Of course there are many significant differences between them as well.

that I didn't care that the revealed villain turned out to be a greedy Radcliffe character.
    He wasn't the real villain, just an example for Anna of
    Spoiler
    what true love is not. Elsa had chastised Anna earlier at the party for not knowing the meaning of true love, and this was something Anna had to learn and apply.

Yet their reveal was unexpected and left the audience shocked.
    The only thing that surprised me was how shocked the audience was. I think their senses were numbed by their expectations of how this type of story would go. The signs and foreshadowing were all there--if most of the audience had witnessed these events unfolding in real life, I think they'd be A LOT more suspicious, just like two of the characters, Elsa and Kristoff on separate occasions, were (now there's a sign!).

I feel like we are getting back to that level of greatness of the Golden Age and the Renaissance. Hopefully we can see a traditionally hand drawn feature of this caliber again.
    I totally agree here. Yes, there are things we could nitpick, but the movie as a whole is fantastic, in my opinion.