• Heavy Breather

The Jungle Book - Blu Ray

I received the Jungle Book as a gift on Blu Ray. I must say, it was a great transition. The colors really popped, and the backgrounds were just as beautiful as ever with the High Def upgrade.

The film itself is still a fun tale. I consider it among my favorite of the animated Disney canon. The characters are fun, the songs are classic, it's just a great film.

Some may find it unfaithful to the original Kipling book (which I personally haven't read). But I'm in no position to make comparisons. Over all it was great to see a beautiful picture restoration of Walt's Goodbye Gift to the World.

What are your thoughts on the Blu Ray transfer, and the film in general?

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: The Jungle Book - Blu Ray

I love the movie too, BUT didn't they just release it from the vaults not that long ago?????

Why didn't they just wait until it's 50th anniversary, in just a few short years?????? Such stupid timing for this release. And for most of their recent re-re-re-releases, they just haven't done that great of a job cleaning it up, or adding the special extras. And if I'm going to buy a 3rd copy of the same movie, even if I really like the movie, They better be adding a ton of extras to the blu ray version. And from reading what they added, this ain't worth the overpriced cost.

• Heavy Breather

I hadn't owned the movie since the VHS days, so I was pretty happy to finally own it after so long.

• Disneyland PAP

The last time I saw this was about ten years ago and have never owned it on DVD. So it t was a no-brainer to get this. I got mine but haven't watched it yet. Just wanted to pick up a copy from Target with the free storybook before they sold out. I'd read positive reviews about the release, so looking forward to seeing this when I have the time.

• Infinitized!

I still have to pick it up. Hopefully Tomorrow. Jungle Book has a special place in my movie viewing history... it is the very first movie I ever saw in a movie theater when I was a kid, during one of it's early 80s re-releases. I still remember the theater I saw it in, it was in downtown Victoria near the Empress, but it has since closed down.