• Queen Elsa

Looks like Frozen is about to beat another Disney Movie.

I just got this off on facebook from Disneyland Scoop.

Frozen's box-office totals stands at $1.027 billion worldwide; Toy Story 3, released in 2010, earned $1.063 billion, and Bob Iger was confident the former would pass the latter very soon during the Shareholders Meeting today. So looks like it's done it again. Congraduations to Frozen you are worth it.

• Minion

Re: Looks like Frozen is about to beat another Disney Movie.

the box office for it is going to drop off a cliff now that the Blu is out
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Donald's #1 Fan

Nice movie, but IMHO it has nothing on the Toy Story series, or Up, or Wall-E... id think its a second tier movie with third rate songs (again, IMHO!!!). I liked it, but can't quite understand how anyone would compare it to TS3. Like comparing a Porsche to a Chevy, again, Imho. Then again, the numbers dont lie, people love Frozen! Good for Disney.

• Queen Elsa

Also don't forget China just got this movie last Friday for the first time. With them seeing it now and the total with us and the rest of the world it will go even higher.

• Under that tree again!

It's not a totally fair comparison.

Things to consider:
    Inflation
    2D vs 3D surcharge
    Exchange rates
    The new foreign box office expansion
    Growth in developing countries
    Death of competitors

There are a lot of reason why some movies can outperform others.

In the end if Disney movies make money we get DCA 2.0. Studios are boom or bust and when they boom it puts money in the bank.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Toy Story 3 was in 3D I believe? And prices haven't changed much since its release...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    the box office for it is going to drop off a cliff now that the Blu is out
    In North America yes, but elsewhere in the world its not available yet, so there will continue to be box office takes for a bit longer. Not every country in the world gets movies at the same time North America does.

• Minion

I agree, fjhuerta. There are some pretty amazing stats in sales for this movie already; for a movie I wouldn't consider anywhere near the top Disney movie I've seen.

And I think I must be the only one who really doesn't dig that "Let It Go" song. Personally I thought all the music was rather forgettable.

But then again, obviously, what do I know?

Everyone has their opinion, but there is a real definite chasm between my enjoyment from a movie and its box office. Didn't really get into this movie, but its popularity has skyrocketed. Go and figure.

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    I agree, fjhuerta. There are some pretty amazing stats in sales for this movie already; for a movie I wouldn't consider anywhere near the top Disney movie I've seen.

And I think I must be the only one who really doesn't dig that "Let It Go" song. Personally I thought all the music was rather forgettable.

But then again, obviously, what do I know?

Everyone has their opinion, but there is a real definite chasm between my enjoyment from a movie and its box office. Didn't really get into this movie, but its popularity has skyrocketed. Go and figure.
    You aren't the only one! I cringe every time I hear that "Let it Go" song. My husband and I saw Frozen in theaters and we were both very disappointed. I didn't like it at all. Yet, it's a huge hit to what seems like EVERYONE else that has seen it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by madgei View Post
    You aren't the only one! I cringe every time I hear that "Let it Go" song. My husband and I saw Frozen in theaters and we were both very disappointed. I didn't like it at all. Yet, it's a huge hit to what seems like EVERYONE else that has seen it.
    I will admit that I'm pleased to see Disney not losing touch with their original devotion to animated features based on classic tales. So keep doing that, Disney.
    Like you, I just don't see what makes this one seem so much better than the others?
    The animation?
    It's good. But so is the animation in a lot of their movies of the last two decades. Heck, Snow White still ranks up as one of my favorites, and the animation is amazing in that movie. And it was made almost 80 years ago.
    The music?
    Again, I think it pales considerably. "Let it Go" just doesn't do it for me. After all the raves, I think I built my expectations up way too high.
    I'm glad they're still doing movies like this, but I just don't get why this one, in particular, is being seen as the stand out above all Disney movies.

• Under that tree again!

And now it's earned the title.

'Frozen' biggest animated film ever at worldwide box office
    March 30, 2014, 11:57 AM EST
    By Todd Cunningham
    TheWrap Disney's "Frozen" became the highest grossing animated film of all time this weekend.
    Also read: 'Noah' Rides Controversy to $44 Million Box-Office Triumph
    With $1.072 billion worldwide, it passed the $1.063 billion that "Toy Story 3" ran up in 2010 and also entered the list of the top 10 biggest films of all time. Walt Disney Studios' seventh billion-dollar release, "Frozen" has earned an estimated $398.4 million at the domestic box office and $674 million internationally.
    The Academy Award winner for Best Animated Feature, "Frozen" is the first billion-dollar film for Walt Disney Animation Studios. It opened wide domestically on Nov. 27, 2013, posting the No. 1 all-time Thanksgiving debut ($93.6 million over five days) It remained in the top 10 films at the domestic box office for 16 consecutive weeks, the longest run by any film since 2002.
    Internationally, "Frozen" is the biggest Disney or Pixar animated film of all time in 27 territories, including Russia, China, and Brazil.
    With original songs from Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, and an original score by Christophe Beck, “Frozen” is directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, written by Jennifer Lee, and produced by Peter Del Vecho. It features the voice talents of Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff, and Josh Gad.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Queen Elsa

Yes and I'm happy about this news It's now against Batman to beat to get to the 9th place for the best movie Worldwide.. I love the song Let It Go it's so up lefting it helps me with problems that I have. When ever I listen to it, it helps me knowing that I can be me and what others people tell me will not hurt me anymore. That's why I love the song Let It Go.

• Perfect Insanity

Capt that is great that it does that for you. We loved the movie here. Saw it in the theaters a week after it came out then when they had the sing along. We love Olaf. This was one of those rare movies where I knew about it being made and was looking forward to it from that point. More so I think cause I share the name of the Princess. When it was time for preorder we made sure to do it. I am now waiting on my pull apart Olaf as well from the Disney Movie Rewards.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player, All Stars Basketball Player & All Net Champ -Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus