Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hate on frozen

Hate on frozen

I feel like on a lot of threads I've seen there are arguments against frozen that it may not have staying power therefore bringing attractions/lands into parks would be a bad idea. Not that frozen is even remotely my favorite disney movie, but for people 20 years old and younger Frozen is the biggest disney musical in their life time. To most young people these days frozen is a disney staple. I get the sense that this website is frequented by older disney fans who are stuck in the past, I honestly don't know what attractions you expect disney to build in the future but it won't be ideas or movies of the past. I made a previous post about a concept for a frozen land and it turned into a debate on the origin of Matterhorn, which really just shows the age of the visitors of this website. I get it though, it's disneyland, it was created for all ages not just children. But I feel like most of you need to just pass the torch and give up on you're middle aged ideas of you're idealized old fashioned disneyland. Cars land is one of the most popular additions to the Disneyland resort in decades and was inspired by a Pixar move that saw a glimpse of the success of frozen. On busy days the line to meet Anna and Elsa reaches around four hours. Let's face it , the voices of those children waiting in line are louder than the voices of the elderly disney fans on this website.

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Re: Hate on frozen

Elderly fan stuck in the past? I should hit you with my cane, sonny, but I'm watching reruns of Lawrence Welk today.
    Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.
    Member of the Haunted Mansion wiki.

• Disney Fanatic

I don't usually post a lot on these forums, I mostly just browse and enjoy other posts.
    I have seen Frozen once. It was good and cute. However, I still do not understand the big hype and deal about this film. Sure, it was good. But, I'm not sure what the craze is about.
    That's all I'll say.

the movie isnt good. at all. too many songs, only one of which was good. the story makes no sense. her powers make NO sense. her parents locking her in a closet/bedroom is just silly. lets accept for a second she has the power to make constructs out of snow/ice. The xmen have been doing that since the 60s so ok we'll say thats not soooo crazy. The face she can bring these things to life is just ridiculous. that makes her God. its just not a good movie. I get why kids like it. on a related note the character in the parks wig looks horrible. it looks like Hedwig

• Disney Fanatic

And I definitely wouldn't be waiting 3 hours for a meet and greet. Well, maybe if I had kids. But as an adult, screw that. I'll go on rides instead.

I'll respectfully disagree with some of the previous posters.

I really loved the movie and the music.

People shouldn't say that it's a bad movie just because they don't like it. If something isn't your cup of tea, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad. IMO Frozen has a lot of depth to it, in terms of theme and symbolism. If you watch it without allowing yourself to be immersed in the narrative, your experience will be quite shallow. Perhaps, one may be uncomfortable because the movie evokes certain emotions deep inside one might be afraid of. No pun intended, but people need to, "let it go".

There's been a lot of "Frozen hate" around here and other places, and I can't explain it. The movie has been a worldwide hit, breaking records, and the music has also sold millions. Of course, just because something's popular doesn't mean it's good but, a large number of critics have deemed this movie as a "masterpiece". In this case, to say the movie "is not good" (as the above poster said) is simply not true. Maybe, saying, "I don't like it" (for whatever reason), would be the more appropriate thing to say.
    Last edited by TrueLifeAdventurer; 06-19-2014 at 07:41 AM.

• "Always On The Move..."

I saw Frozen. Didn't particularly not like it, didn't particularly like it either. It was just "ok" But you can't say that all kids like it. As a teacher I've talked to lots of kids that didn't particularly like it. Much more than those that were obsessed with it. So, I really don't understand the craze, but to each their own. To the OP, if it was the adding Frozen to the Matterhorn idea thread that you are referring to... I am against it. The Matterhorn is perfectly fine as it is and doesn't need an addition of anything. If they want to put in a stand alone Frozen ride in the park, that is fine. There is always a need for a new ride. But I don't see the point of trying to shoehorn Frozen into everything just because it is the cash cow of the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    the movie isnt good. at all. too many songs, only one of which was good. the story makes no sense. her powers make NO sense. her parents locking her in a closet/bedroom is just silly. lets accept for a second she has the power to make constructs out of snow/ice. The xmen have been doing that since the 60s so ok we'll say thats not soooo crazy. The face she can bring these things to life is just ridiculous. that makes her God. its just not a good movie. I get why kids like it. on a related note the character in the parks wig looks horrible. it looks like Hedwig
    Not good? Too many songs? I beg to differ. The average Disney animated musical has about 6 to 7 songs in it. And that's exactly what Frozen has. The Disney film that has the most songs in it is Alice in Wonderland. Nearly twenty of them and no one really complains about that do they? I get annoyed at people who say Frozen is not good and/or mediocre. It's no different than the films we grew up with like Beauty and the Beast, the Lion King and Aladdin. What is amazing though is what a cultural phenomenon it's become.

• Parking Lot > DCA

It's a movie, therefore it's completely subjective.

Personally, I am not a fan. I think it's totally hyped up and I am sick of seeing it all over the place. That goes for beyond Disneyland too.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Not good? Too many songs? I beg to differ. The average Disney animated musical has about 6 to 7 songs in it. And that's exactly what Frozen has. The Disney film that has the most songs in it is Alice in Wonderland. Nearly twenty of them and no one really complains about that do they? I get annoyed at people who say Frozen is not good and/or mediocre. It's no different than the films we grew up with like Beauty and the Beast, the Lion King and Aladdin. What is amazing though is what a cultural phenomenon it's become.
    I couldn't agree more then this. I didn't even like the Lion King at all. I didn't think Frozen had that many songs and they had the songs spreaderated [ms] Froen was a wonderful movie infact this is the first movie ever that I saw at the Theaters more then once I saw it 3 times. 1980'S Annie and Back To the Future are also my ulimate favorite movies ever but I had only seen them once in the theater so it tells u that if I saw Frozen 3 times in theaters then there is something to this movie that is breath taking. Reason I love Frozen is it had a good written story of love and fear caring for someone great songs. When Elsa had to hide her powers from her people cause of the fear that she could hurt someone. I have that fear inside of me cause the way I am I fear nobody will like me because I have a learing disablity and Astimburger. I fear send I have this disable I will never get any girls speacilly now send I'm 43 years old I have given up of fining her. But thanks to Elsa of opening up with her powers it helps me that I don't care what people say about me with my disablity.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    It's a movie, therefore it's completely subjective.

Personally, I am not a fan. I think it's totally hyped up and I am sick of seeing it all over the place. That goes for beyond Disneyland too.
    Well I got news for u your stuck with it forever it's not going away for a very long time.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    Well I got news for u your stuck with it forever it's not going away for a very long time.
    I've accepted that it will be in the parks for a while. This hype will die down, just like anything else. It's just not my cup of tea I suppose.

• Minion

First of all, Frozen is definitely one of Disney's most overrated films, in my opinion. I found nothing special about the storyline, there are plot holes that just keep me confused, I only really and truly like one song (and it's not even a minute long!), Olaf is kind of annoying and the villains are LAME with a capital L. I don't understand what the big hoopla is about this film, and the best since The Lion King? Ha! That's utter BS.

I'm assuming the OP is referring to the Matterhorn and Frozen idea. You can't compare that to Cars Land. Cars Land replaced a parking lot. You're talking turning Matterhorn, a classic, original Disneyland ride into a Frozen ride. That idea just doesn't sit right, at all.

• Minion

I love Frozen, it's my favorite animated movie of the 2000's......But.....if they overlay an existing original classic attraction (***cough Matterhorn cough***), I will be very upset. I would rather see a brand new attraction created in the Motor Boat Cruise area.

Frozen was good, but not great. A lot of what are you are seeing is the backlash against its success. It is the biggest animated film of all time, some people take offense to that, since their favorites are not.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast