• "What is thy bidding?"

Jar Jar Abrams or Jedi Joe Abrams (Star Wars Episode VII) Disaster or Masterpiece

Allot of Rumors and Casting announcements are coming in on many threads for the anticipated sequel to the Star Wars series.
    Will J.J. Abrams further butcher the series or bring redemption with this upcoming Trilogy?

http://news.yahoo.com/video/star-war...114658989.html

Cast - Star Wars: Episode 7 Wiki Guide - IGN

• Heavy Breather

Re: Jar Jar Abrams or Jedi Joe Abrams (Star Wars Episode VII) Disaster or Masterpiece

I'm personally really excited with what little inklings of info we've gotten so far. But it's best to be cautiously optimistic.

Star Wars means a lot to me, and I think JJ is the best director to get the ball rolling on this new series of films. If he as a casual Star Trek fan can make two of the best Trek films out there, then it kind of makes me excited to see what he as a major Star Wars fan will do with the film. Still, cautious optimism though...

• Singing Drinker

Re: Jar Jar Abrams or Jedi Joe Abrams (Star Wars Episode VII) Disaster or Masterpiece

I enjoyed the "original" three movies. I'm dispassionate enough about my movie viewing to dissect them and see them for their flaws, weigh that against the movies in question, and keep that in mind as I watch. New Hope MOVES - it's a fast, sleek movie without many slow stretches to crawl through. It gets worse over the remaining two until in Jedi you're left with a lot of long 'establishing' shots that mainly establish 'wow, look how much money we spent'.

The prequels took this bad habit and gave Lucas free rein to go as far as he wanted to with it, and mixed in some of the schlockiest ideas from the fan community/'Expanded Universe' until it stretched the formula far too thin - arguably past the breaking point.

Lucas is less a factor now, hopefully. I keep hearing "consultant" or "adviser", "less involved" and "no longer the driver behind the series".

Sure, we've signed ourselves up for fifteen lens flares a minute - but Abrams can make a story move, and can take a stupidly convoluted mythos and throw it on screen in a coherent form. I have hopes he can do wonders with a better stock than he's worked with in the past.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

• "What is thy bidding?"

I like what leaks have come out so far with the new beat up X-wing and hearing that the Falcon will be back. Less CGI more models. This picture sounds like it will feel more like a Star Wars Movie.
    Phantom made me forget I was watching a Star Wars movie during certain scenes and adjusting to the new characters was awkward at times. (Jar Jar)

I will take all the lens flares J.J. can throw at it for a great story line....

there will be CGI... But more a balance than what the prequels did. There will
    be practical effects and CGI and we can't ignore that.. I think with all the news,
    I'm excited and hopeful and worried all at the same time.. So i'm just going to say, once at the theatre, Drop all expectations and just go in with a open mind.
    I'm working as i'm with my autobots.