Page 100 of 191 FirstFirst ... 507590979899100101102103110125150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2862

• Goofy

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

little fockers. good movie and very funny lol.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Star Wars trilogy......its been on tv all day today and yesterday.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I know Nemo is the villian but I felt sad for him at the end. :/

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• www.JonAutopsy.com

I watched "Exam" on dvd. It's like "Saw" without 95% of the gore. It's definitely an interesting movie if you like psychological thrillers.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

This weekend we've watched A Christmas Story, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf, Scrooged, It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and A Muppet Family Christmas.

We were supposed to see Tangled today, but the blizzard closed the movie theater today. Since we bought the tickets through Fandango, they will honor them another time, so we'll probably hit it sometime this week.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Circle of Ancients

We got a few new Blu Ray's from Santa so we've been having a bit of a movie at home marathon over the past few days.

Despicable Me

Just as hilarious and heartwarming as it was in the theater. I LOVE this movie.

Vampires Suck

My wife and daughter keep telling me this is hilarious, but I fell asleep. I'm sure I'll be forced to watch it some other time.

Inception

Still my favorite move of the year.

Charlie St. Cloud

I actually enjoyed it. Rather predictable, but still good.

The Wedding Singer

Got the new Blu Ray version, it had a few extra scenes in it. Still a cool movie.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 12-26-2010 at 07:39 PM.

• Just this guy......

Just saw "The King's Speech". Very good film with outstanding acting. It does start out slow but builds and worth the slow start.

Is it the best film of the year?

As good as the film is I still think that Toy Story 3 was the best film of the year. Toy Story both made me laugh and Cry in the same film. That is what a best picture should do.

• Disneyland PAP

The Muppet Christmas Carol - When I went to a friend's place to see her favorite version of A Christmas Carol, I discovered it was one of my fave's too! Hadn't seen it in years, mostly due to stubbornly waiting for Disney to release it on Blu-ray. But that only made seeing it again that much more entertaining. My friend also pointed out her favorite song in the movie, "When Love Is Gone," was cut from the widescreen version. I searched Wikipedia and according to its listing, Jim Henson had it cut from the WS version. If true, I'm really shocked - he pulled a George Lucas! It also said it was still in the Pan and scan version, so that's a bit comforting.

Waking Sleeping Beauty - Got this on Christmas and cracked it open to watch. I guess it's about what I expected, from everything I'd read about it. Nothing I really hadn't known before and nothing really salacious depicted. But it was neat to see it depicted through all that home movie footage and the voiceovers. What I enjoyed most was just picking out all of the Disney talent in the old videos.

The Boys - Another video I got for and watched on Christmas evening. Wow! The situation between the brothers was something I wasn't aware of. So glad I never read any reviews of this, letting me experience genuine shock and suspense as the movie unfolded. I actually watching this twice, when my parents caught just the tail end of my first viewing and wanted to see it again. I was moved a couple of times towards the end during both viewings, their experiences during Walt's passing and Bob's wife's death. Thoroughly captivating doc. Edit: Btw, I forgot to mention a moment I saw in the movie when my two geek worlds collided. That was when video played of the Sherman Brothers working at a piano with John Williams!!! Star Wars/Superman/Indiana Jones composer meets Disney composers, yessiree!!! Never new they'd worked together, and today I ordered their soundtrack to Tom Sawyer from Amazon because of this.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief - My brother got this for Christmas, and so I watched it. For some reason, the commercials that played when it was in theatres never hooked me. Perhaps because it seemed like such a Harry Potter-type film and as an HP fan, I was biased against it. But watching it, and then discovering all of the talent who were cast as gods, I was really bummed that what could have/should have been a fantastic movie just fell flat for me. Percy didn't appeal to me, but more than that, the script was just so…lame. It explained the obvious way too often, a real surprise considering who directed this. In the end, I thought it was this generation's Clash of the Titans circa 1981. A good adventure among gods but short of the greatness it was envisioned to be.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 12-27-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Added additional thoughts to The Boys.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I Love You Man - This was a great movie and very funny throughout the whole way. Jason Siegel and Paul Rudd were awesome together and they did a great job of discussing a bro-mance.

Yogi Bear - I went in the movie theater with low expectations, thinking that I would dislike this film as much as the other cartoon adaptation films, but I have to be honest and say that this movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Out of all the cartoon adaptation films, even though it's technically not saying much, I'm not afraid to say that Yogi Bear was the best one. Yeah, I liked it even better than the Flintstones, and even better than that horrific Scooby Doo film. This film is even, in my opinion, the closest to be as faithful as the original cartoon, and unlike the other adaptation films, at least they were trying.

Now I still had major issues with some of the plot elements (like why shut down Jellystone Park even though it's supposed to be federally owned, and the forced relationship between Ranger Smith and Rachael) and there were some iffy cast choices (I felt like Dan could've been better as Yogi and Tom didn't fit for the role of Ranger Smith), but honestly this film isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It's not a great film, but it's not as terrible as the other adaptation films that I've watched in the past.

I give this film a 6.5/10

• keh!

The Illusionist

wonderful animated film. loved it. it was funnier than i expected, and quite depressing actually, lol. i still prefer Triplets of Belleville, but this too is a worthy catch. i recommend it to the animation lovers out there!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

KARATE KID (2010) - a sturdy reimagining of the original that should have been called KUNG FU KID. It's strong enough on its own and different enough to be appreciated as such.

BLACK SWAN - Really good stuff. Fascinating from start to finish.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

^ I really liked the new "Karate Kid" as well. Can't wait to see Black Swan, looks great.

Watched a couple of older movies yesterday

Love Actually

We didn't get around to watching this before Xmas since the kids can't watch it, so we watched it last night. Such a great movie, may be my favorite Romantic Comedy ever (there are only about 4-5 that I can actually watch).

Catch Me If You Can

Highly underrated movie. Great performances by Leo and Tom Hanks (as usual). It's amazing how many of today's popular actresses were in small roles in this movie such as Ellen Pompeo, Amy Adams, Jennifer Garner and Elizabeth Banks.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

CHICKEN LITTLE - I got this bluray free from disney movie rewards and boy, now I remember why I never bothered to buy it in the first place. What a clunker. Can't believe it was only 5 years ago.

A BUG'S LIFE - Pixar's 2nd movie is still funny and still entertaining. And man, the amount of talent in this is amazing. Dave Foley, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Kevin Spacey, Hayden Panettiere, Richard Kind, Brad Garrett, Bonnie Hunt... the list goes on and on.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

The Fighter.

Loved it!