Page 101 of 186 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2782

• Infinitized!

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Continuing my holiday moviethon:

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - Classic. I'll be watching some more Christmas movies, up to Jan 6 (3 King's Day).

And from my own DVD/Blu library:

Avatar - Collector's Edition - watched the one with the extra 16 minutes. Not bad. The extra opening scenes were pretty good.

Alice in Wonderland (2010) - Gave this one a second chance. I liked it better this 2nd time around, although I still wish that the score was a little better - it tends to be quite and puts you to sleep in some parts.

I've got that Sony Blu-Ray player from Disney Movie Rewards coming in the mail so I'm looking forward to watching these in hi-def.

• Circle of Ancients

Tron Legacy-Good visual entertainment which lacked a really good plot, IMO. Had me confused at times. Motorcycle scenes on the grid were Hot! I think gamers like this movie more.
    Robin Hood-with Russell Crowe. It was fair. Reminded me of Braveheart. A lot of action. Crowe always delivers is brilliant acting and Cate Blanchett was just as good. I thought the movie went way too long IMO.
    The Talented Mr. Ripley-This movie is slow in the beginning but the storyline is what keeps me watching. Matt Damon is such a brilliant actor.
    The Way We Were-Great romantic script with great actors. Not an ending you'd expect. Babs actually wanted a sequel to this movie but Redford thought it was great by leaving it alone.

• Circle of Ancients

The Sorcerers Apprentice

I REALLY wanted to hate this movie. From seeing the previews and wondering why they had to make it it just looked bad. I had such low expectations I guess anything could have exceeded them. I have to say, I actually enjoyed it. It's nothing I need to own or watch repeatedly, but it was entertaining. The homage to the Mickey cartoon was great.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART I -- Very good. I was surprised. It was a bit long but well done indeed.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Easy A-Good movie. Emma Stone delivers in this leading role.

• Disneyland PAP

King Kong (1933) - Been wanting it ever since it came out on Blu-ray, but it was something I could wait on and let my family know they could get me for Christmas. And my sister and her husband came through. That said, I was a tad disappointed with the picture quality. I guess films that have already come out on Blu-ray like The General (1926) and Metropolis (1927) spoiled me a little. They looked beautiful on Blu, sharp images with minimal film grain. But Kong has a lot of film grain throughout, which I know is inherent in film stock, so it's my bad. However, it's still a good looking film, and the stop-motion scenes absolutely inspired!

Gran Torino - FINALLY watched this after sitting on my shelf for months. And NOW I see why all my friends love it. The film made me laugh, made me think, made me feel sorry for the characters, and made me cry. It's not what I thought it would be, reviewers referencing Dirty Harry. It's much better.

In the Shadow of the Moon - I thought this was an older film, but afterwards I found the date "2007" on the package, not as old as I thought. It's a nice, serviceable documentary about the Apollo space program. I enjoyed it, but I've already seen the multi-part documentary When We Left Earth and the previous space race documentary For All Mankind, and these first two were more in depth or simply presented much of the same material first.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Little Fockers

I went in this hoping it would be better than what the critics were saying. Man o man do yourself a favor and save your money. This movie was shockingly bad!! Predictable, cringe-filled, and impossible to actually like, and just not funny one bit! They should have stopped at "Meet the Fockers." The only redeeming quality was Jessica Alba. Little Fockers- a P.O.S.

• secure all cargo

How Do You Know. I'd already read the bad reviews but my wife and I went to see it anyway. Yeah, it was pretty mediocre. Paul Rudd is likable, but really all the actors were playing versions of other characters they're known for, none of them seemed to be really connecting with each other, and I didn't think it was half as intelligent as it wanted to be. Other than one key scene toward the end that was painfully forced, there was nothing really bad about this movie, I just didn't feel it helped me care about much of the proceedings.

Toy Story 3. Rewatched it on DVD. It has really one of the best movie endings ever.

• Circle of Ancients

Shrek Forever After

Terrible, Horrid, should have never been made. The End

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Tangled - Saw it a second time New Years Eve and it was just as wonderful.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disneyland PAP

Despicable Me - I really wasn't interested in seeing this film originally, but a co-worker and my sister mentioned it being a really good movie. So I gave it a shot. First off, what a spectacular looking film on Blu-ray! That was my very first impression when the movie started. After that, I discovered a really clever, funny and touching film. Afterwards, I watched one of the Minions shorts; it was okay. I'll check out the other two another time.

Walt and El Grupo - This is the last of the new Disney documentaries I got for Christmas that I finally got around to watching. It's my least favorite of the three, but it's an interesting review of an interesting period in the Walt Disney Company, and for that reason, I'm glad I saw it. I was really touched with the way the director chose to film wives, children and grandchildren reading the letters sent back to the States by "El Grupo" a.k.a. those from the company that Walt asked to join him on his South American trip. And I'm glad there's a version of "Saludos Amigos" included on the DVD. I've never seen it before, and this apparently is the original cut that includes characters smoking that've been altered in other DVD releases of the film. Haven't seen it yet, but I look forward to it soon.

Alien - I can't remember the last time I saw this, but likely over ten years ago, which is cool because that meant I really got scared watching this movie again! LOL! Great film. Not sure yet if I like the idea of prequel movies, even they are being done by Ridley Scott. But this one looks great on Blu-ray! Scenes of and inside the derelict alien ship have never been so clear before.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Little Fockers

I went in this hoping it would be better than what the critics were saying. Man o man do yourself a favor and save your money. This movie was shockingly bad!! Predictable, cringe-filled, and impossible to actually like, and just not funny one bit! They should have stopped at "Meet the Fockers." The only redeeming quality was Jessica Alba. Little Fockers- a P.O.S.

I absolutely hated Meet the Parents and was even more tired of Meet the Fockers, I really don't see how another could be any bit better.

I saw TRUE GRIT this evening and, man, what a wonderful western. Beautiful to watch and really interesting too.

• Circle of Ancients

Kick ***

My 3rd time seeing this, and it just doesn't get old. It just get's better.

Cast Away

Hadn't seen this in awhile, what a truly great performance by Tom Hanks.

• MiceChat Moderator

I agree about Tom Hanks in Cast Away, but I was really annoyed by the movie for some reason.

• secure all cargo

Tron. Rewatched it knowing I would see the sequel shortly. I still love this film. I saw it when it first came out in the theaters and rewatched it multiple times on cable shortly after. It still has mild problems with storytelling, but I've long since looked past that. And it's still extremely exciting because of both the action and the revolutionary world created. I haven't seen my DVD in several years, and when saw it a couple nights ago I'd forgotten how funny is Jeff Bridges.

Tron: Legacy. Despite it's problems, I thought it was just short of being great. The performances were what made the reunion scene work so well, and I thought the sense of wonder Olivia Wilde projected was really good, but beyond that the other scenes of any intended emotional impact were sort of hit and miss. [SPOILERS] I was kinda lost regarding the whole algorithm thing or why Clu rebelled against his creator and had to read about it later to make any sense of it [END]. I'd say the storytelling here was poorer than that of the first film. On the other hand, this movie was spectacular on so many other levels. My initial response to the state-of-the-art CGI was actually far more awe than my initial response to the first film's CGI even if it actually breaks less ground. The sequel just plain looks great. The much anticipated score for the most part really matches the visuals appropriately. The whole thing is a geeks dream and I hope I can see it one more time in the theaters.