Page 102 of 192 FirstFirst ... 252779299100101102103104105112127152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2880

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Back to the Future (Blu Ray)

Looks, sounds amazing. Can't wait to dive into the bonus features today.

• Circle of Ancients

Ramona and Beezus

Really cute family movie. Highly recommended.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Tron

I borrowed the original film when it was released for it's 20th anniversary from a friend of mine, and I got to admit that seeing this for the first time I was actually very impressed by this. It isn't the greatest movie ever, but it's very underrated and it was WAY ahead of time. It makes me want to watch Tron: Legacy again and make the connection between the two.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Saw Tangled again... Loved it just as much!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

We have just seen the first "Sex and the City" movie followed by "Toy Story 3".

• Circle of Ancients

Knight and Day

Not as bad as I thought it would be, had some ok action sequences. Would have most likely been MUCH better with two different main actors though.

• Circle of Ancients

The Kids Are All Right

Really enjoyed it. Having grown up with a gay Mom it really just shows that all families have the same types of issues, whether they are Gay or Straight. Of course, even though this family was dysfunctional, it made my family look "normal".

• Disneyland PAP

The Pink Panther (1964) - Watched this on Blu-ray last night. It's been years since I last saw it, and it reminded me that as a kid, I wondered why it's a Pink Panther movie but Inspector Clouseau isn't the main character. Clouseau seemed like a secondary character to David Niven's thief. I watched the bonus stuff afterwards to learn an amazing history about this film that I never knew, that Peter Ustinov was originally cast as Clouseau but bowed out at the last minute, and that Sellars was actually a last minute casting choice. Long story short, a comedy crime caper with Niven as the star morphed when Sellars was turning out brilliant stuff during shooting. I grew up watching the other Pink Panther films with Sellars as the lead, so as a kid this one always confused me. That said, I definitely wanna seek out the next Clouseau film A Shot in the Dark and watch it again.

• Circle of Ancients

Pirate Radio

Thought it was pretty good, the ending was quite unexpected.

• Infinitized!

At the theater:

Little Fockers - It had it's moments, but was the weakest in the series.

True Grit - Excellent. Hope this one gets some Oscar nods, especially for Jeff Bridges and Hailee Steinfeld (and this was her first movie).

From my own DVD collection:

Insomnia - Good movie. I remember when Christopher Nolan came to my hometown with Robin Williams and Al Pacino in tow to film a few scenes. I get a kick out of seeing lower Argyle street and the railway station in the background. Did see a nice blooper though. When Al goes to Robin's apartment, he goes in the building, but then when he leaves, he comes out of the Somass Hotel which is on the opposite side of Argyle street from the building he went in. Most of the rest of the movie was filmed in Squamish on the way to Whistler. I remember it wasn't a closed set at all and inbetween takes Robin and Al were out signing autographs for people. Unfortunately, I was in college and got home on the last day they were in town (they were there for three days if I recall) so I missed most of the action, but a few friends took it in.

The Time Machine - With Guy Pearce. I like this one. Good little adventure movie. It seems that it doesn't get much attention.

• Disneyland PAP

Aliens: Special Edition - I don't think I've ever seen this expanded edition before. And it's been at least a decade since I last saw Aliens at all. So watching now it is interesting. First off, LOTS of similar motifs to Avatar. Second, never realized before how the sense of logic got thrown out the window. Like how Business is played as completely soulless. Like how the Marines simply discount anything about Ripley's debrief with her first encounter in favor of playing stereotypical jarhead mentality. And why's the little girl joins the Marines when they go hunting Aliens after they find her. I had to forgive a lot in the first couple of hours, but the last half hour is SOLID! Loved it!

Inception - My first time seeing it. Just…wow… Christopher Nolan's brain is crazy! Loved it! I'm getting old tho' 'cause the suspense was really killing me. And Marion Cotillard is absolutely gorgeous! The whole cast was great.

Elvis on Tour - In honor of Elvis's birthday today (…and the B2G1 Free sale at B&N…), I picked this up tonight and watched it. Never seen it before, tho' I've been a big Elvis fan since I was a kid when my friend turned me on to him. Honestly, I was worried it'd be a little boring, but it was a really good documentary. Elvis is having a good time, and that helped sell the movie/concert footage a lot for me. Interesting side note: I never knew Martin Scorcese was involved with this film; he oversaw the editing of all the concert montage footage. Plus the film won a Golden Globe.

Today I have seen "Waking Sleeping Beauty" and "Ratatouille".

Blog Entries

True Grit

This was my second time seeing it and I liked it even better the 2nd time around. Jeff Bridges plays an amazing Rooster Cogburn and if he does get nominated, he'll deserve it. I do feel that the story in this version was very incomplete unlike the original 1969 version.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

In the theatre: TRON: Legacy

On TV: Diamonds Are Forever

Blog Entries

Star Wars- The Clone Wars

Being someone who grew up being a Star Wars junkie (I had the legos, I watched the original trilogy a lot, as well as the prequels) this was a real disappointment. I found the animation to be terrible, and I found contradictions in the Star Wars universe. What a clunker.