Page 103 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3537893100101102103104105106113128153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2864

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Star Wars- The Clone Wars

Being someone who grew up being a Star Wars junkie (I had the legos, I watched the original trilogy a lot, as well as the prequels) this was a real disappointment. I found the animation to be terrible, and I found contradictions in the Star Wars universe. What a clunker.

The animation is terrible because it was intended for television.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Despicable Me, I thought it was bad. 6/10

• Disneyland PAP

Jason and the Argonauts - Picked this Blu-ray up from Amazon for eight bucks recently and I can kinda see why now it's so cheap. I'd seen this before but when I was a kid and enjoyed it. But watching it last night, I felt like I was watching one of those live-action Saturday morning shows from the 70's. And I mean that only about the story and the acting. The stop motion stuff is still amazing!!

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    The animation is terrible because it was intended for television.
    Ummm....I was referencing the CGI movie and not the show. The one released theatrically was awful.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Ummm....I was referencing the CGI movie and not the show. The one released theatrically was awful.

Ummmmmm, the CGI movie was intended for television. They merged a bunch of episodes and released it in the theaters. FACE!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Ummmmmm, the CGI movie was intended for television. They merged a bunch of episodes and released it in the theaters. FACE!
    Thanks! Now I know. Well, either way it was still bad although I've heard a lot of positive things about the show itself.

• Circle of Ancients

Dinner for Schmucks

Had some funny moments, worth the Netflix rental. I think Steve Carrell and Paul Rudd make a pretty good team. Some great smaller roles played by Zack Galifanakis (sp?) and David Walliams (From Little Britain).

• Circle of Ancients

Good Luck Chuck- It was corny but it was nice to see Dane Cook all romantical. I liked it.

• Disneyland PAP

The Green Hornet: Movie Edition - Just finished watching this, the original black and white serial edited into a single movie, on DVD. Found it at Best Buy recently for five bucks - SOLD! Figured I'd enjoy this more than spending my time and money on Seth's flick. However, now I'm not as sure. This Green Hornet ain't that clever and boy is he lucky! There were a couple of times when the bad guys were behind him and could've shot him but shot at the guy he was talking to instead! So, it wasn't as hero-ific as I had hoped. It was also colorized! Or rather some elements - the main titles, every car chase scene and every time the Black Beauty exited their secret lair - were tinted, mostly green (of course). The rest of the scenes were sepia toned. It jarred me at first, switching from color-tined scenes to the sepia scenes, but I eventually got used to it. Then, after it was over tho', I checked out the bonus material, and there was the original film in glorious black and white. Wished I'd known that ahead of time. So anyone else considering getting this DVD, now you know.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 01-15-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: boldface

• or CBF

Finally got around to seeing Tangled. It was an excellent movie. The storytelling was great, the characters were great, and you can't go wrong with a score from Alan Menken.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Blog Entries

In the past few days, I got to view 2 Disney movies for a second round:

TRON- In my second time viewing it, I actually discovered some things that I never thought about in the first viewing. Still a great film. But towards the end of the film I found a hidden mickey.

TANGLED- In my second viewing of it, this was even better and I think this was funnier as I caught some more of the jokes. Alan Menken did a great job even though the songs are no where near the level of Aladdin or The Lion King.

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

The Princess Diaries- like i literally just got done with it. but the song at the end, "Miracles Happen" gives me goosebumps now, because the pageant i was in uses that song as they crown the queen
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Senior Minion

Perfectly Prudence. It was cute, script lacked pretty much everything, but it proved that after 10 years, the chemistry between Jane Seymour and Joe Lando was still there!!! (and he looked hot, even though I miss the long hair )
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Disneyland PAP

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Hadn't watched this in years. Seeing it now, I can't help but think about the MegaMillions lottery, the California Lottery, the rise in reality TV programming, a culture of immediate gratification and wanting to see another movie with the brilliant Gene Wilder.

How To Train Your Dragon - Just finished watching this. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I wasn't particularly fond of the lead character, which disappointed me 'cause I thought I was gonna love this film. I actually turned it off before the last 30 minutes last night to go to bed. Finished it this morning, with the best part of the film, the redemption of father and son during the final battle. But I don't know that I'll be eager to see it again over other recent animated flicks. I know I enjoyed Despicable Me much more than this.
    Last edited by Gone2Disneyland; 01-16-2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Added "Dragon"

• Infinitized!

Saw a bunch over the last week:

At the theater:

TRON Legacy - Really liked it. I'm hoping to go see it again at the theater.

From my DVD library:

Tommy Boy - I haven't seen this one since high school. Still funny after all these years later. Too bad Farley isn't still around.

Chariots of Fire - Wanted to catch-up on some Oscar winners so I pulled out 1981's best picture Oscar winner. Not bad, but a little slower paced.

After watching The Expendables last summer, at some point I wanted to revisit the Rambo movies which I haven't seen in ages, and the new one which I haven't seen yet, so...

First Blood - Probably the best in the series, and the one that actually had a message with it. It was cool recognizing the locales around Hope where it was filmed. Hope is located east of Vancouver, but in the movie it was supposed to be south of the border. Surprised they didn't change the name of the town for the movie.

Rambo: First Blood Part II - Not a bad follow-up, but the typical movie clichés started to appear. Watching it, I couldn't stop thinking about Tropic Thunder.

Rambo III - Rambo goes to the desert. Pretty good sequel as well, but again some more movie clichés, like the kid sidekick.

Rambo - The meatiest, bloodiest, limb-flying one of them all. Intense action, but yeah, the bloodiest of the whole series. With the way that it ends, I wonder if Stallone will revisit this series. Maybe Rambo will go on to face his worst enemies yet, at a retirement home in Stop or My Grandpa Rambo Will Shoot.

Also from my DVD library...

Beowulf - Haven't seen it yet. Pretty good. Still trying to get used to the mo-cap though. It was interesting to finally see the original story. I was only pretty much familiar with the Chrichton-ized version of Eaters of the Dead/13th Warrior.