Page 105 of 192 FirstFirst ... 5558095102103104105106107108115130155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2875

• keh!

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Black Swan

Very strange, weird, but awesome and brilliantly acted. The only real issue I have with this movie is that they don't explain why she was hallucenating throughout the movie. Guess I'll have to watch it again to see if I missed anything.
    perhaps it was nerves and paranoia about wanting to be the best under all that pressure?

The King's Speech

very interesting movie. many times i felt bad for Collin Firth's character. he did a REALLY great job. he was so believable, hope he wins an Oscar for his performance.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

How to Train Your Dragon Yep, I finally got around to seeing this. And it was worth the wait. Great story and good animation. My only gripe...Jay Baruchel's voice really didn't fit Hiccup's character in my opinion. No offense to Jay but not the first actor I would've chosen.

Overall two thumbs up from me!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• sleepy lagoon

Gulliver's Travels... gotta love Jack Black, lol.

• Minion

I went to No Strings Attached saturday night, very funny movie. There were a lot of random bits that were just a riot that I never would have seen coming.

That being said, during the trailers beforehand I saw what is perhaps the worst concept for a movie I have ever heard of...... Justin Bieber's life in 3D
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Circle of Ancients

Piranha

Seriously, one of the best movies of 2010 (I'm not even kidding). It was just a fun, campy movie. Surprisingly it was pretty well acted too.

• Circle of Ancients

Red

A fun action movie, an AMAZING cast and pretty funny to boot. LOVED Helen Mirren in this movie. She's one classy lady.

Salt

Despite the fact that I don't really care for Angelina Jolie, I thought it was pretty good.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    LOVED Helen Mirren in this movie. She's one classy lady.
    Loved it when she was firing off that big gun.

From my DVD library:

Patton - 1970's Oscar winner for best picture. Good movie, although a little slow in a few parts.

Saludos Amigos - The unedited version from the Walt & El Grupo DVD. Yay! The cigarette is there! Good to see an unedited version of this. Wish they did something like this for the other movies they edited.

At the theater:

The King's Speech - Very good. This has Oscars written all over it. Very enjoyable. Colin Firth is bound to get his Oscar for this.

TRON Legacy - Had to see it again. Great movie. Still peeved about Daft Punk's Oscar nom snub. Looking forward to TR3N; featuring RAM, the Dillingers, and a probable return of Kevin Flynn. I wonder if RAM's user will ask Alan Bradley for some popcorn again? Would be cool to see Cindy Morgan return in some way. And... more sirens!

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    From my DVD library:

Saludos Amigos - The unedited version from the Walt & El Grupo DVD. Yay! The cigarette is there! Good to see an unedited version of this. Wish they did something like this for the other movies they edited.
    Thanks for the reminder! Saw the documentary, but never this. Just pulled it from the shelf and added it to my "to be watched" pile.

• Disneyland PAP

Clue - Remember seeing this when it first came out and feeling underwhelmed. Recently, friends - younger friends - brought it up as among their favorite movies. Saw it for seven bucks at Best Buy and decided to give it another try, plus I never saw all of the endings. I can see why my younger friends enjoyed it lol, it's just a cartoon imo. But every time she was on screen, I could NOT take my eyes off Lesley Ann Warren. Va va voom! For her alone, I love this movie now! And looking forward to watching it two more times to see the other endings in context.

• Shifting cargo

Despicable Me

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Blue Valentine

I just came back from watching this and I got to confess I walked out of this movie silent, broken, and just...sad, because there is a lot of truth to that movie especially since I knew people in my own family who were like the Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams characters who had a lot of potential with thier talents and just threw them away with bad choices.

• Circle of Ancients

Mega Python vs. Gatoroid

So incredibly awesome. The Tiffany vs. Debbie Gibson fight scene was incredible!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Mega Python vs. Gatoroid

So incredibly awesome. The Tiffany vs. Debbie Gibson fight scene was incredible!!!
    wasn't that a syfy channel movie???
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Circle of Ancients

The Lovely Bones-very touching and heartbreaking movie. It got a little intense for me on some parts. It will make you aware of your neighbors if you are not already.

• Infinitized!

Today from my DVD library:

Groundhog Day - I admit, this is the first time I watched it all the way thru. Always just caught bits of it on TV. Finally picked it up before Christmas. Great movie. "I got you babe..."

And over the last few days, also from my DVD library:

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus - Terry Gilliam's crazy style. I like it though. It seems he always gets his actors to act hyper, and there's a lot going on on the screen at once.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - I've overlooked its shortcomings. But the sequence that still sticks out like a sore thumb is the jungle chase (including the monkeys). This sequence could've been so much better. That jungle cutter could've grinded up a Ruskie, and maybe a Jaguar could've attacked too.

Braveheart - 1995's best picture Oscar winner. Haven't seen it for a few years still a good movie, but Mel Gibson sure likes his blood.

The Maltese Falcon - Very good. Another great Bogart movie. Why is it though that every time I saw Peter Lorre on the screen, Gollum popped into my head?