Page 106 of 194 FirstFirst ... 6568196103104105106107108109116131156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2901

• Circle of Ancients

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    wasn't that a syfy channel movie???
    Yes ... but it's still great.

Adventures of Power

A movie about Air Drumming featuring songs from Rush and a cameo by Neil Peart. Had some laughs, more of a story than I thought it would have. Worth a rental if your into goofy stuff.

• Jack's Posse

I saw She Devil....pretty good.
    Then the Garbage Pail Kids....awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Circle of Ancients

The American

The most boring movie about an Assassin ever. Long stretches of the movie there is absolutely nothing going on except for Clooney's character walking around, looking out for people and talking on the phone. I wouldn't know if there is a payoff at the end because I didn't get through the entire thing without falling asleep.

• Senior Minion

The Lost Valentine. It was a hallmark movie and I can honestly say I have never cried so much during a movie before. Well acted, story was so sad and touching, just wonderful.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Minion

The Social Network

The only redeeming things about this movie were Natalie Portman, Brenda Song, and Rashida Jones. As it turns out, everyone involved in creating Facebook were major *******s. Jesse Eisenberg should not be up for best actor for this, he played a genius ******* with no people skills.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Disneyland PAP

Heavy Metal - I remember seeing this as a kid, but besides the obvious scenes a guy in high school would remember most, I didn't really remember whether it was a good film or not. It's not unless you're a male teenager or a pothead or both. But it's definitely interesting to see for the variety of animation techniques used by the different companies hired to animate it, all non-Disney of course. Much of it raw, some better than others, but the styles reminded me of what was done in commercials of the day. And the stories, mostly indulging in male fantasies with well-endowed women, definitely had a free-spirited 70's vibe to them which is when the magazine was published (and I obviously never read it; I guess I was more an uptight Starlog geek back then). Watching the making-of bonus feature was fun, listening to talking heads, including Ivan Reitman who produced it, reminisce and put the mindset of the work into the context of the era against what could never happen today and be the cult success like it is.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    The Social Network

The only redeeming things about this movie were Natalie Portman, Brenda Song, and Rashida Jones. As it turns out, everyone involved in creating Facebook were major *******s. Jesse Eisenberg should not be up for best actor for this, he played a genius ******* with no people skills.
    You realize that A) Natalie Portman wasn't "really" in the movie and B) that the movie was made in Hollywood, so you shouldn't believe everything you are seeing on the screen.

I thought it was a great movie, and Jesse Eisenberg for sure deserves his Oscar nomination.

• secure all cargo

Romancing The Stone. Liked this movie a lot as a kid and had the urge to see it again. Probably one of my favorite movies from the 80's. I love the sequence with Alfonso Arau playing the drug dealer.

Dreamscape. Another one of my favorite 80's movies. It's a bit dated with it's electronic soundtrack and stop-motion effects, but it was still fun after all these years. "Inception" is based in the same notion as Dreamscape - what happens when someone else can enter your dreams. Although for the plot direction [SPOILER] Dreamscape went with a more "Matrix" type idea and said that if you die in the dream then you die in real life [END]. Inception is a far better constructed film than Dreamscape. But I thought that all the exposition in Inception, while interesting, ultimately overwhelmed the dreams themselves. Dreamscape is admittedly more simple minded, but it didn't waste it's time with explaining every last thing, it went right to capturing the desires and fears that fuel dreams, and on some level, I actually like it better for it.

• I'm not really here

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. Turned out better than I thought it would be. Love Michael Douglas. Carey Mulligan had zero emotion throughout. Wish she had interpreted her character better. Her smiles were weak and forced, her sadness felt shallow. Otherwise, I enjoyed it.

The Big Lebowski. What can I say... the Dude abides.

The Social Network. Also better than I was expecting it to be. Not a 100% accurate movie by any means, but well written and acted. Jesse Eisenberg succeeded in making me dislike him, so I guess he did what he set out to do.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Thanks to the Wal-Mart five dollar bin, I picked up a few good movies

The Big Lebowski: Seriously, love this movie. It's been a few months since I last saw it, John Goodman is seriously awesome.

Wet Hot American Summer: Hilarious movie with an equally hilarious cast. If you like your humor stupidly smart (only way I can describe it) it's a good flick.

Galaxy Quest: In the genre of Sci-Fi, this one is extremely underrated. It's funny and just a good spoof of Star Trek and all the fandom surrounding the franchise.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• www.JonAutopsy.com

I got Monsters on Netflix and loved it. For a low budget movie, I was incredibly impressed.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Minion

From Blockbuster:

Machete - I liked this for the humor

The Social Network - wow, could the people that created facebook be any worse of human beings?

Inception - meh

Crank 2 - wtf just happened in this?

From home collection:

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - I love this movie!!!!!

Mary Poppins - Ha anyone ever thought about how hard it is to duplicate Bert's costume from the Jolly Holiday sequence?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

What is this... "Blockbuster"?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    What is this... "Blockbuster"?
    LMAO!!!! I know, I had a pre-installed Blockbuster app on my new phone and I was trying to figure out what it was.

The Big Lebowski

Seems a lot of us have been watching this the past few days ... I just had a hankerin' for some Dude.

Machete

Unbelievably awesome. Just pure straight up awesomeness. I hope they make the sequels "Machete Kills" and "Machete Kills Again".

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I just had a hankerin' for some Dude.
    I did too, but instead, at the theater in Calgary I saw...

TRON Legacy IMAX - 3rd time seeing it, but 1st time on the big IMAX screen. This is how the movie was meant to be seen. Pure awesomeness. Daft Punk blaring over those big IMAX speakers was pure heaven. Even though I saw it twice already, I was sitting there with a big grin on my face thru the whole movie. My dad went with me. It was his first time seeing it and he loved the movie, the music too. Luckily I had coupons so the IMAX screening only cost us $5 each rather than the regular $17.75 per ticket. I definitely buying this one on Blu-Ray in April.