Page 109 of 194 FirstFirst ... 9598499106107108109110111112119134159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2906

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    The Incredible Hulk. Just saw this for the first time. As one of the few people who liked Ang Lee's version, I think the new Hulk improved on some things, whereas it was weaker elsewhere. In Ang Lee's, I really like how they made Hulk representative of repression, rage, and dad issues. One of my favorite lines of any movie is when Eric Bana says "when I lose control, I like it." I think Ed Norton's version really missed out on this level. The newer version's love story was a bit more effective in the first hour, although later there were one too many "beauty and beast" type moments stolen from Ang Lee. When Liv Tyler's Betty faces Ed Norton's Hulk, it is less significant because Hulk isn't portrayed as being much of Banner's subconscious as it is more of an induced drug trip. On the other hand, the fugitive angle from the TV show was nice (as well as the inclusion of the TV theme). And they definitely set out to do what they said they would which was to give us a lot more spectacular action and fighting. It helped that the villain wasn't just the government, but a truly warped baddie. Ang Lee tried too hard to make the final battle a big symbolic visual metaphor of something, and it ended up being more confusing than exciting. Anyway, I guess all that to say I liked The Incredible Hulk about the same as Hulk, just for different reasons. And now I'm ready for Thor and Captain America.

I agree with you a lot on this. I always felt "Incredible" missed out in a big way and spent too much time treading on waters already covered. I'm perfectly okay with them continuing where we left but also starting fresh. There was too many things in "Incredible" that was just plain stupid and sloppy writing.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Unknown

Terrible movie. I don't think I have ever hated a film as much as this one.

I can't really explain why I hate it so much without spoiling it, so...

Spoiler
    The main plot twist at the end just murders the film completely. From the beginning of the film, you see the movie in the same perspective that the trailer gives you, that it's about a normal man that gets involved in an accident and afterwords, nobody, including his wife, can remember who he is and the protagonist spends the entire film trying to solve the mystery on why he is being treated like he never existed. This is the way it goes through most of the film. But at the end, what I view as one of the worst plot twists ever conceived, happens.

It's revealed that the man was never actually who he thought he was or who we thought he was. He was actually an assasin that worked for an organization.

The only reason why he has memories of being with his wife and being having a job and such was because it was a false identity he gave to himself. His wife also worked for the organization, so the organization had him spend time with her, giving the rest of the world the illusion that he was who he claimed to be, so he was never actually married, and the job was, again, a cover-up that the organization arranged.

During the car accident, he hits his head, so it thus causes him to believe that all of these staged moments with his "wife" were real. When he went through the crash, the organization viewed him as dead, or something, and got another man to take up his identity (which thus explains why in the trailer we see a different man with his "wife"). Throughout the film, the organization sends people to kill him, since he is no longer needed and the fact that he now thinks all of the times with his "wife" were real. Or at least that's how it seems to go. The plot of the film was VERY confusing and filled with plot holes, so not even I could correctly comprehend it.

Even after he is told who he really is, he turns against the organization, since losing nearly all of his memories as an assasin has caused him to see things in a justice-kind of light. The film's finale has the organization planning to kill an important person with a bomb (and it is revealed that the protagonist was the one who implanted the bomb (before his crash) so he could kill this person. In the end, he foils the organization, and his "wife" and the person assuming his fake identity die in the process.

The film then ends with the man now free of his troubled life.

The massive problems I have with this movies completely revolve around the plot twist at the end. The plot twist just doesn't work. At the beginning of the film, we see the guy as the protagonist, but really, this guy KNOWS he is the bad guy before his whole crash thing. A plot twist doesn't work for me if we're not in the same POV as the main character(s). It makes it feel like the movie is insulting us and talking down to us, which is what it SHOULDN'T do. Altogether, it feels like the movie simply "cheated".

Another thing I hate is how throughout the entire movie, it makes us sympathize with the main character, even at the end. Why should I care about this guy? The only reason why the main character turned good was because he got a bump on the head that made him forget about his "evil days". If he never got hit, he would STILL be evil. This is a man that probably murdered dozens of innocent lives before his little "bump". I should not show him the slightest bit of empathy.

Because of the plot twist, it tricked me and the audience into sympathizing with the assasin throughout the majority of the movie. Now I feel evil for doing that. I don't really think anyone is comfortable with a movie that tricks them into doing something evil.

Basically, the message of the entire movie is negative. The main character never actually "changes" or realizes how horrible the things he had done were on his own count. Everything about him was simply changed by a hit to the head.

But it's really sad actually, I actually thought the movie wasn't all that bad at first...and then the plot twist happened. This could have been a decent movie if they didn't do that plot twist and instead kept to what the trailer made us think the movie was going to be about.

I give this film zero stars, F-, two thumbs down, or whatever else.

When I feel a "cheated" by a film and/or see it give off a very negative message, it means automatic zero for me.

So, that covers it. As I said before, this film was VERY confusing, so I might have missed a few things.

• Circle of Ancients

True Grit

Simply Amazing movie. I absolutely loved it.

I haven't seen any of the other "Best Supporting Actress" nominees yet, but I absolutely loved Hailee Steinfeld's performance, it was amazing and I hope she wins.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

In the last 2 weeks, I have seen:

Paranormal Activity- I liked it okay, but I hear 2 is way scarier
    The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus- it was weird, as expected. Heath Ledger's part being played by Jude Law, Johnny Depp, and Colin Farrell worked surprisingly well.
    The Social Network- really engaging and great performances all around
    Despicable Me- it was cute enough, but not as hilarious as I'd hoped
    Scott Pilgrim vs. The World- finally had a chance to watch the whole thing, and it was a lot of fun, just like the books

We went by our Blockbuster today because it is closing and picked up a few DVDs there, including Scott Pilgrim. The games were totally picked over, but I was able to find Where the Red Fern Grows, which is the book my students are reading right now, so that was a good find.
    A signature should go here.

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Pirahna (2011)

What an eye-popping experience watching it with my Uncles, Grandpa, Dad, and my Mom and Aunt Lisa watching embarressingly. Best...movie...ever. I also geeked out when I saw Christopher lloyd himself. GREAT SCOTT!! THE PIRAHNA'S ARE EVOLVING!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Watched the Hallmark movie "The Lost Valentine" that's been sitting on my dvr for weeks staring Betty White. It was a sweet movie and Betty White is so amazing I don't think I've ever seen any thing with her in it that wasn't good.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Circle of Ancients

The Fighter

Another tremendous movie. Christian Bale certainly deserves the best supporting actor he's going to get tomorrow. I honestly didn't think Melissa Leo's performance was all that great, certainly not better than Hailey Steinfeld. Certainly good enough to get nominated for best picture, but there are at least 5 or 6 of the other best picture nominees that are more deserving IMO.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

THE LAST AIRBENDER -- Had to see if it was worth of the Razzie and it is. BUT, I'm going in as someone who has never watched the animated series. So from my angle, what's really bad about this film is the casting and acting. Just really hard to take it seriously. For fans of the show, I imagine the story is what stinks the most. To be honest, this movie is probably as good, if not better than most 80s films that people consider "classics". But I find most of those to be bad too so... this is pretty bad.

WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT -- Had to see something awesome to cleanse the palette. Interesting to note that this won the Best Visual Effects, Best Sound Editing, and Best Film Editing Oscars for 1988 and was nominated for 3 more. (it also won special achievement in Animation Oscar). If you haven't seen this and you're on this site, do it now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Circle of Ancients

MegaMind

Horrid ... absolutely horrid. I place it among the worst of the Dreamworks movies like A Sharks Tale, Over The Hedge, Flushed Away and Madagascar.

Let Me In

Had seen this in the theater, it's truly great. I still think the original is better but this is a decent remake. I'm sad it didn't do better in the theater but I'm hoping it will find it's way on DVD. If you haven't seen it, you must.

I didn't think Megamind was that bad. It's not as good as Kung-Fu Panda or How To Train Your Dragon but at least it's better than Shark Tale or Madagascar.

• hi!

The Adjustment Bureau

this movie turned out to be totally different than i expected. i went into the movie with very little knowledge about it except a trailer i saw a long time ago. so long ago that i dont remember what the movie was about. and i thought i was walking into another Bourne movie.

the movie ended up being a love story. yes, it's still packed with (some) action and 'magic powers' and others of the sort that would keep the male audience interested. but it's strongly based upon the love connection between two people.

i like how they dealt with taboo issues like religion, fate, free will, etc. but didn't necessarily shove it in your face as the thing to believe in.

in the end, it's really a romance movie with enough male-targeted hollywood things to play for both genders.

all-in-all, i enjoyed it a lot for what it was.
    -plagued

The Adjustment Bureau

Decent flick. Had a few story and character flaws here and there, but overall pretty good movie.

Rango

REALLY good movie. I was actually surprised on how much I liked this. Loved the surrealistic-looking animation and the overall story. Johnny Depp was also great once again. Highly suggested to animation fans and/or western fans.

• Senior Minion

In honor of Mardi Gras, The Princess And The Frog. "Friend on the other side" still gives me the creeps, but the colors are so rich and the songs are so upbeat that you love it.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Rango

I wanted to see this because of Johnny Depp doing the voice, and because I am a fanatic about animation. I'd seen all of the trailers of the movie so I had an idea what to expect.

I enjoyed the movie. There were a few parts that were a bit weird, even for me, but it was a decent story line, and the visual effects of the movie were amazing. Not sure if I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD, but it was an entertaining way to escape reality for a couple of hours.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Circle of Ancients

Black Swan

A movie I want to watch again, it was very interesting (as most of Aronofsky's movies are). Natalie Portman totally deserved the Oscar she won, without question.

It's Kind of a Funny Story

I really enjoyed it, but if you are going in looking for a straight-up comedy then you will be disappointed.