Page 111 of 191 FirstFirst ... 116186101108109110111112113114121136161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2862

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Unstoppable. Denzel Washington + speeding runaway train= a great thriller. Two thumbs from me.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• I'm not really here

Saw I am Number Four. Not a great movie, but a solid, fun action flick. Bad guys had some weak moments, but also some really creepy moments. Was fun. I had a good time. Didn't drag. The story has a lot of potential to be developed further.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Rock The World

I just saw the new "Winnie the Pooh" movie at a preview screening at the BFI Southbank (in London). And you know what? I really rather liked it. I'm not a big fan of Pooh and Co. but this film was charming, heartfelt and genuinely funny in places. Made me want to go back and read the books, which is no bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• Disneyland PAP

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - Finally cracked this Blu-ray open to watch last night. I love how the main titles are oversatured and obviously GCI; it set the tone well for what kind of film I should sit back and enjoy. I thought the pacing was a little slow and I had a hard time understanding some of the songs, but the music's great and overall I loved it. Only wish Mrs. Lovett didn't look so much like the Red Queen. I watched the press conference and the feature on Sondheim afterwards, was entertained by those too.

• Disneyland PAP

Big - Damn cute, charming movie. I remember having a crush on Elizabeth Perkins. But Tom Hanks makes this movie. The bonus interviews (with an absent Hanks?!) from 2006 on the making of were enlightening. DeNiro? Really?! I watched the theatrical cut. Didn't even know there'd been an extended cut. Don't know if I'll ever watch the EC tho' that's like 30 minutes longer. The theatrical version seems just the right length.

• Circle of Ancients

Due Date

I thought it was pretty funny, not flat-out hilarious ... had a good story as well.

Paul

Absolutely hilarious. Throughly enjoyed it. Although I'm not sure if the 4 year old kids parents decided to bring to the theater should have been there. Do people not look at the ratings?

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I also saw Paul a few nights ago. Just loved it, I hold it up there with the likes of Galaxy Quest (which is a good thing). There were just so many references, throughout the movie I constantly wanted to stand up and yell "Did you guys get what they did there?!"
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Disneyland PAP

Sucker Punch - One word sums up this movie for me: BORING. I will admit my friends and I really enjoyed the twist at the end. But the journey to get there lacked anything of lasting interest. I was really bored after the set up and for much of the middle of the movie, just waiting for the end to arrive to see if it was worth the ride. It wasn't. The fantasy battle scenes were alright, Snyder really knows how to do great tricks with camera pans and green screen, but it's a pretty soulless film, until maybe after the twist at the end. I admit, and maybe that's just the Disney geek in me, I got hooked by that. If only the journey to get there was worthwhile. That all said, I still have confidence in him directing the new Superman film (Amy Adams just got announced as Lois Lane - awesome cast announced so far). At least someone else is providing that story and script. He wrote this one.

• secure all cargo

The Princess and the Frog. I just got back from WDW a few weeks ago and have been in the mood to catch up on my Disney films. I finally saw this one for the first time and loved it. It really deserves more of an audience than it actually got. Maybe for me not quite as good as Tangled, but it's a great story well told. I've read criticism of the music, but I felt that while maybe you could make a case that the melodies don't stand out, on the other hand the arrangements are full of energy and really capture the spirit of the story. The animation and the New Orleans setting are really beautiful to look at.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    I also saw Paul a few nights ago. Just loved it, I hold it up there with the likes of Galaxy Quest (which is a good thing). There were just so many references, throughout the movie I constantly wanted to stand up and yell "Did you guys get what they did there?!"
    Agreed

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I caught up on some movies in the past few months so here it is:

I Am Number Four-

I found this to be a very bland film without really anything explained and weak development.

Despicable Me-

This movie gets better and better with every viewing. Great movie and it gets funnier with every viewing.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

The past few months I caught up on some movies:

I Am Number 4-

This movie was bland. I hope that the sequel (if they make one) is better

Jackass 3D-

I showed this to my parents and I remember now why I'm glad I didn't see it in 3D. Some of my favorite stunts were the "high five" and "Teeball."

Despicable Me-

Every time I view this movie, it gets better and better.
    Last edited by Rocker; 03-30-2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Double post

• Infinitized!

From My DVD/Blu-Ray library:

Still don't have my Blu-Ray played connected to my HD PC monitor so I just watched the DVDs...

Alice in Wonderland - 60th Anniversary Edition - One of my favourites since I was a kid because of its bizarreness - always kept me entertained, still does.

Beauty and the Beast - Diamond Edtion - Haven't seen it in its entirety since it was released in theaters. Still great after all these years. I missed the first DVD release so was glad I could finally add it to my library.

Peter Pan - Platinum Edition - Still one of my favourites, and my favourite ride in Fantasyland in Disneyland. Can't wait to get a Diamond Edition of this one.

Tangled - I didn't get much out of my first viewing when this was in the theaters because I was tired from work. Had a a chnace to watch it this evening and loved every minute of it. A grat movie for Disney's 50th animated feature.

I still haven't unwrapped my Diamond Editions of Bambi and Snow White. Will probably watch those next. And I'm still pondering whether to pick-up Pinocchio Platinum Edition Blu-Ray Combo or wait for the Diamond Edition in about 6 or 7 years. Would be a little odd if there was just one Platinum Edition Blu-Ray in amongst the Diamonds. Hmmm...
    Eagerly anticipating TRON Legacy next week. Loved that movie, can't wait to see it for a 4th time.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    From My DVD/Blu-Ray library:

Still don't have my Blu-Ray played connected to my HD PC monitor so I just watched the DVDs...

Beauty and the Beast - Diamond Edtion - Haven't seen it in its entirety since it was released in theaters. Still great after all these years. I missed the first DVD release so was glad I could finally add it to my library.
    When you finally see this in high def, you will amazed!! Guaranteed!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I watched all the bonus features for TANGLED bluray... wow, what a terrible job. Some of the worst bonus features I've ever seen. I don't think I'll watch any of these again.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html