Page 113 of 194 FirstFirst ... 136388103110111112113114115116123138163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2908

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hop. not a good movie at all. the jokes were lame.
    I took two 7 year olds, myself, and a 20 year old to see Hop on Saturday. Was not as good as Chipmunks but wasn't wasn't any worse than I expected really. It is Russel Brand after all. There was way too much of "The Hoff" in the film tho.
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Circle of Ancients

When I hear "not as good as Chipmunks" that makes it a movie I NEVER want to see.

The Living Daylights

For those of you with Netflix, many of the Bond movies are now on Instant viewing. Taking the time to catch up on some Bonds I haven't seen in awhile starting with this one.

I honestly think Timothy Dalton is an underrated Bond. I know he get's a LOT of flack, but he's certainly better than Roger Moore and IMO better than Daniel Craig (although Craig could be better with subsequent movies). If Dalton had been given more movies I have a feeling he would have been considered one of the better Bond's.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    I took two 7 year olds, myself, and a 20 year old to see Hop on Saturday. Was not as good as Chipmunks but wasn't wasn't any worse than I expected really. It is Russel Brand after all. There was way too much of "The Hoff" in the film tho.

yeah i agree with you there. i did like arthur more better than hop. that guy is funny and crazy.

• secure all cargo

Walt and El Grupo. Pretty well done documentary about Walt Disney's goodwill trip to South America. No big conflicts or controversies to report (although I think they missed out in not adding a couple minutes to give context to Walt's relationship with his father who died while they were on the trip - I speculate that was Diane Disney Miller's influence). Just a warm take on the group itself and their impact on the lives of various individuals they met. The film has a ton of photos and Walt's home movies, but the most interesting are the ones showing artists sketching, and then showing the actual sketch itself.

Saludos Amigos. El Grupo made me want to see Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros again, and luckily the former is an extra on the El Grupo disc. Each segment is fun with the best one being the Brazil/Jose Carioca number. I think of the "package" films, I still like Melody Time the best.

The Three Caballeros. The ending is probably the most bizarrely inventive thing Walt himself oversaw, and I just read Ward Kimballl once said this film was the only one he ever looked back on and felt he didn't need to change a thing. The whole thing certainly suits his style. I did not actually like it the first time I saw it years ago, but this time I appreciated it a lot more.

Dinosaur. My daughter loves dinosaurs and someone gave her this DVD for her birthday so we watched it together. She liked it, and it's actually a lot better than I remember. I think maybe it just suffered under the weight of the expectations when it first came out. Not saying it should be considered a classic, there's some problems with the characters, and the faces are a bit stiff (early CGI animation I suppose), and it still bugs me the end is so hopeful when they really are going to become extinct anyway, but still it was entertaining and moving. Putting the characters into live action backgrounds - although I hear it was ultimately very problematic for them - really looked great.

• secure all cargo

posted by sir clinksalot
    I honestly think Timothy Dalton is an underrated Bond.
    I agree.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    Dinosaur. My daughter loves dinosaurs and someone gave her this DVD for her birthday so we watched it together. She liked it, and it's actually a lot better than I remember. I think maybe it just suffered under the weight of the expectations when it first came out. Not saying it should be considered a classic, there's some problems with the characters, and the faces are a bit stiff (early CGI animation I suppose), and it still bugs me the end is so hopeful when they really are going to become extinct anyway, but still it was entertaining and moving. Putting the characters into live action backgrounds - although I hear it was ultimately very problematic for them - really looked great.

Here's my theory on movies that are older.... they really weren't that good. But movies have gotten progressively worse and when you revisit something from the past, it actually becomes pretty darn decent by comparison.

But in the case of Dinosaur, it wasn't great but I was entertained. I think my main beef was the voice talent.. they just didn't seem to fit. In fact, when I first watched it, I was wishing it was a silent movie but told with breathtaking visuals and an amazing score by James Newton Howard.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• secure all cargo

posted by Coheteboy
    ...in the case of Dinosaur...when I first watched it, I was wishing it was a silent movie...
    Yeah, that reminds me that when they initially promoted the movie they released the very impressive first scene which had no dialogue, and this inevitably gave the impression the whole thing would be silent. So a lot of us were disappointed when we found out they all talked. I'd forgotten about that.

• Infinitized!

From my Blu-Ray library:

Pinocchio - Decided to pick it up on Blu (already had it on DVD) today before Disney puts it back in the vault at the end of the month. Watched it this evening. Looks great in Blu! It bugs me that I missed the Sleeping Beauty Blu because I wasn't equipped for Blu yet, but I'm sure we can expect a Diamond Edition of that in 5 or 6 years time.

• Jessie: exuberent & fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    A bunch, all from my DVD/Blu-Ray library. I finally hooked-up my Blu-Ray player I got thru Disney Movie Rewards

On Blu-Ray On Blu-Ray. on Blu-Ray
    On Blu-Ray.
    Oh, wow. Now YOU'RE in on the "let's make the Jessie fan as jealous as possible" game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    WAYNE'S WORLD -- the movie that defined my high school years and I haven't seen it ever since I stopped watching VHS tapes so watching it again was SO entertaining. Love it even still.
    You should NEVER stop watching VHS tapes, imo
    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    When I hear "not as good as Chipmunks" that makes it a movie I NEVER want to see.

The Living Daylights

For those of you with Netflix, many of the Bond movies are now on Instant viewing. Taking the time to catch up on some Bonds I haven't seen in awhile starting with this one.

I honestly think Timothy Dalton is an underrated Bond. I know he get's a LOT of flack, but he's certainly better than Roger Moore and IMO better than Daniel Craig (although Craig could be better with subsequent movies). If Dalton had been given more movies I have a feeling he would have been considered one of the better Bond's.
    Oh, yeah. Aggreed. Of course, if it wasn't for Mr. Pricklepants, I wouldn't give a hair. Mr. Pricklepants, meaning the stuffed British thespian hedgehog who wears a lederhosen.

Anywho, these are the Top 3 most recently watched movies, and some funny quotes from them:
    3. Monsters Inc.
    Sully: What was THAT!?
    Mike: I don't know, but it'd be really great...if it didn't...do it...again!
    2. Toy Story 3!!!! My fav movie EVER!!!
    El Buzzo: (In Spanish) My desert flower! I have never seen true beauty until this night!
    Jessie: Did you fix Buzz?
    Hamm:Eeehh, sort of...
    1. Jungle 2 Jungle
    Michael (voiced by Tim Allen, just like Buzz Lightyear!!!): You do NOT shoot BIRDS for BREAKFAST!!! You want food, ask me. Here. This is what KIDS love!!! Cap'n Crunch! Look! All it is is: Corn gluten, yellow #5, and...zinc oxide? Hm! They added a sunblock to it!!!
    Jessie is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fav part in 2 is:
    Buzz: clears throat)
    I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful "yarnful" of hair... er, "hairful" of yarn. It's...uh...woah. (clears throat) I must go!
    Jessie: Well, aren't you the sweetest space toy I ever met!
    Buster: (barking)
    Slinky: What's that? Bark, bark? Uh...this fellow says he needs to go out back for a little "private time"!
    Jessie: That critter needs help! (jumps on toy car) Yodle-ay-HEEE-HOOO!!!!!
    Buzz: (wings suddenly pop open)

Also, my fav part in 3 is:
    Jessie: turns on Spanish music)
    Buzz: involenterily starts dancing) I...I don't know what came over me!
    Jessie: goo-goo eyes) Just go with it, Buzz!
    (Then, they start doing the Paso Doble to a Spanish version of "You've Got a Friend in Me". Towards the end of the dance, Woody tosses Jessie a rose to catch in her mouth. It's awesome.)

Go to the EBHO threads!!! They need YOU!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

MEGAMIND -- Really annoying first half... pretty decent 2nd half. Garrish and ugly character designs paired with Will Ferrell's voice = not something i could really relate to. I did like the character of Minion though.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

The Living Daylights

I'm sorry, but I'm one of those who's tried and tried and just can't warm up to Dalton's cold Bond. And I really thought he was perfect when he was first cast, but the execution just didn't fly for me. Then, his second one, Licensed to Kill, just had poor production values imo on top of his take on it. But when TLD finally comes to Blu, maybe I'll give it one more try. (See, I really wanna like it! )

TRON - A week and two days after having it shipped to me by Best Buy because they ran out of copies at the store on Day 1, my copy of TRON/TRON: Legacy Ultimate Set finally arrived in the mail today. After being fully impressed with the light up Identity Disc case, I popped in the original. After years of watching the 20th Anniversary DVD, the flick looks fabulous on Blu-ray!! Followed the movie with watching two new bonus features, a talking heads retrospect about the TRON Phenomenon from the stars and producers and then a really nice piece called Photo Tronology, a documentary-style short featuring Steven Lisberger and his adult son pouring over binders of TRON production material at the Disney Archives.

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Came across the dvd of Disney's Country Bears in my families collection.
    Three words: W T F?!
    I'm watching the extras on the dvd and uhhhh yeah. The extras are all in the style that the movie is reality. Even the commentary track is the director and the bears discussing the movie. Can I have the jamboree back at Disneyland so I can use that to wipe out the memory of this screwed up movie?! PLEASE!!!???
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Disneyland PAP

TRON: Legacy - Wow. What a difference seeing it a second time makes. At least in my case. I first saw this in IMAX 3D in December and walked out thinking it was neat but not much of a movie. Perhaps the 3D distracted me from actually picking up on story points, but this time watching it at home, I really got it and really enjoyed it! In fact, I was even moved when Kevin hugged Sam this time, unlike when I first saw it that thought the film was cold. This is also the first Blu-ray to make me feel really envious of those who own a 3D-HDTV. I think this would be a blast to watch in 3D at home, a feeling I never had watching any other home video!

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

Arthur

I saw this last night at the theater. I hate to say it but Russel Brand is NO Dudley Moore. I thought it was ok, but very uninspired. And I though Jennifer Garner was annoying, and even his love interest was not really that inspired.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

• Delawarean Girl

The Conspirator - Just learned about this movie last week and I was like 'yay!'. I have been wanting to learn about Mary Surratt for sometime.