Page 114 of 186 FirstFirst ... 1464104111112113114115116117124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2782

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Logans Run. I must say even though the movie is dated, it was well done. It was also interesting to watch Logan become aware of whats really going on and even more strange to see them (logan and Jessica) discover what the outside world was, see all of our old monuments and history... and discover older people.

• Circle of Ancients

Love and Other Drugs

Definitely not what I thought it was going to be, not what you think it's going to be for the first 30 minutes of the movie, but somehow better than I thought it was going to be. Does that make sense?

•   
    • Rest In Peace, Old Friend

Blog Entries

Inception.
    Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Veteran

• Infinitized!

Watched a couple rentals:

Buried - interesting movie with Ryan Reynolds. He's in a box for the whole movie.

The Tourist - not bad, it was pretty good.

From my DVD/Blu-Ray library:

Schindler's List - 1993's Best Picture Oscar winner, Spielberg's best historical drama. It's depressing but should be revisited every 5 to 10 years or so.

Road to Perdition - Was talked about here so I finally decided to pop my copy in and watch it. Very, very good movie. One of the best mobster/gangster movies there is. Great performances all around.

National Treasure - On Blu-Ray. This was my first Blu-Ray, even before I had my player. Got it thru the Birthday bonus on Disney Movie Rewards. Looks good in hi-def.

The Incredibles - On Blu. Looks great! Not my favourite Pixar, but looks great in hi-def.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Little Women - The Winona Rider version. I loved it! I especially loved a young Christian Bale as Laurie.

Julie and Julia - This was a very cute movie and it made me hungry. I love Amy Adams and Meryl Streep was awesome as well. It's a longer movie than I thought it would be.

The Haunted Airman - This was one of the worst movies I have EVER seen. If it weren't for Robert Pattinsons gorgeous face, I would have turned it off sooner.

Temple Grandin - This was a great movie based on a true story and Claire Danes was outstanding! I recommend seeing this one.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Infinitized!

From my Blu-Ray library, kicked-off my Earth Day movie watching with:

earth - The first Disneynature movie. Looks fantastic in hi-def.

Will go check out African Cats later today.

• Minion

From a friends DVD library:

Mystery Team - very funny
    Hard Candy - very messed up
    Little Shop of Horrors - loved it
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Sock Puppet

I saw Stuart Little 2.

I can't remember the other film I saw.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    From my Blu-Ray library, kicked-off my Earth Day movie watching with:

earth - The first Disneynature movie. Looks fantastic in hi-def.
    After earth, continued my earth Day Disneynature marathon:

Oceans - Excellent footage. Awesome on Blu-Ray

Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos - Again, excellent on Blu-Ray. Even though the movie is just centered around one species, it's still a great story.

And at the theater:

African Cats - Very good, great footage, nice soundtrack, although they could still add to the narration - the same gripe I had with Oceans last year, but you got to remember too that these Disneynature documentaries are targeted at families. Looking forward to Chimpanzee next year, and Hidden Beauty/Pollen if it gets released to theaters on this continent. Will probably go see African Cats again. Keep the Disneynature movies coming Disney.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    After earth, continued my earth Day Disneynature marathon:

Oceans - Excellent footage. Awesome on Blu-Ray

Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos - Again, excellent on Blu-Ray. Even though the movie is just centered around one species, it's still a great story.

And at the theater:

African Cats - Very good, great footage, nice soundtrack, although they could still add to the narration - the same gripe I had with Oceans last year, but you got to remember too that these Disneynature documentaries are targeted at families. Looking forward to Chimpanzee next year, and Hidden Beauty/Pollen if it gets released to theaters on this continent. Will probably go see African Cats again. Keep the Disneynature movies coming Disney.
    I didn't realize that Disneynature had more then Earth, Oceans, and African Cats out....

I watched Waking Sleeping Beauty, Primer, and About a Boy.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I didn't realize that Disneynature had more then Earth, Oceans, and African Cats out....
    Crimson Wing didn't get a theatrical release here in North America for some reason, but was released on Blu-Ray and DVD. Pollen is currently playing in France - it started playing March 16. The original North American title is Hidden Beauty: A Love Story that Feeds the Earth (I started a thread about it with the trailer here: http://micechat.com/forums/movies/15...es-pollen.html) I have a feeling Pollen/Hidden Beauty may bypass us theatrically and get released straight to DVD here in North America like Crimson Wing. Chimpanzee is next year's North American earth day release, and there's a blurb on wikipedia that they are planning a future feature about Penguins (too soon after March of the Penguins maybe?)

• Circle of Ancients

Legion

I love Heaven vs. Hell movies (or in this case, Heaven vs. Earth) so I REALLY wanted to like this. The concept was pretty cool, it just didn't have enough. Paul Bettany was of course amazing in the movie (when is he not) but it just didn't have enough of that good old fashioned evilness that you look for in a movie like this.

• Circle of Ancients

Daybreakers

Another one of those movies I've wanted to see for awhile, but somehow missed. I really enjoyed this one. Totally awesome concept and they pulled it off pretty good. Got a little far-fetched towards the end (as if a movie about Vampires taking over the world isn't far-fetched anyway). But I definitely recommend this one.

• Circle of Ancients

I love you Phillip Morris

Very good movie, very entertaining, funny, heart-felt and well acted. Recommended.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Water for Elephants. I've been looking forward to this since reading the book. The book was great, but I might say that the film was even better. Robert Pattinson was very good as Jacob and Reese was spectacular as Marlena. But Christoph Waltz absoultely stole every scene he was in as August.

The story was great, mixing love and drama together nicely. If you read and liked the book, you won't be dissapointed with the film.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.