Page 117 of 191 FirstFirst ... 176792107114115116117118119120127142167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2856

• Greetings, Program!

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Thor

Really enjoyed it. Thought it was very well done and I loved how they did the back-story.

One thing though, and I think this was just our theater, the volume of the SFX were REALLY loud in our show, to the point of annoyance. Others have said they didn't experience this, so I think it may have just been our theater.

Just saw this as well, more for my uncle than myself (Thor was his favorite hero as a kid) but I loved it enough to now want to explore the old issues myself. Visually stunning and very well written and performed.

Unlike your experience, Clink - the theatre I was in just wasn't loud enough for me. I saw it in 3-D so I guess i was about 98% blown away by the action. Great comic-book flick.

Seeing my uncle pump his fist when Odin mentioned Asgard by name for the first time in the opening voice over was worth the price of admission by itself. He'd been waiting 40 years for this and I was honored to have taken him to see it.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Infinitized!

A couple rentals...

Unstoppable - Pretty good movie. Edge-of-your-seat thriller. It went by fast.

The Green Hornet - Ok, but could've been better. Christoph Waltz kinda went to waste in this movie, and I really didn't buy Rogen as the Hornet. Thought James Franco's scene at the beginning was good though. And I just looked at the cast list on IMDB... Cameron Diaz was in this?

• Shablagoo!

Pirates of the Carribbean: On Stranger Tides. It was a lot of fun. The 3D however did not really add anything, so if you can see it in 2D, go that route. Ian McShane is great as Blackbeard. Yes there are some great references to the ride.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

RED -- Very entertaining shoot-em-up movie. I liked it!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides = Amazing movie
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• MiceChat Moderator

Missed my Pirates time Friday because drank too much so... that's a bummer. I drank up me hearties yo ho I did! But while nursing a hangover I watched KUNG FU PANDA 2 via a Dreamworks Friends and Family screening (through a friend). The director and producer said a few things before the film as Katzenberg asked the audience how many of them closed the wrap party the previous night. 8 people rose their hands.

Anyway, the movie, I loved it! I saw no trailers for it except for the stupid staring contest one so I knew nothing going in. Kung Fu Panda happens to be my favorite Dreamworks animation film and this is more of the same, but the next chapter. It has a suprising amount of heart and yup, I got emotional at places. Definitely worth watching. It's a strong Father/Son movie.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Missed my Pirates time Friday because drank too much so... that's a bummer.
    Is all the Rum gone?

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Missed my Pirates time Friday because drank too much so... that's a bummer. I drank up me hearties yo ho I did! But while nursing a hangover I watched KUNG FU PANDA 2 via a Dreamworks Friends and Family screening (through a friend). The director and producer said a few things before the film as Katzenberg asked the audience how many of them closed the wrap party the previous night. 8 people rose their hands.

Anyway, the movie, I loved it! I saw no trailers for it except for the stupid staring contest one so I knew nothing going in. Kung Fu Panda happens to be my favorite Dreamworks animation film and this is more of the same, but the next chapter. It has a suprising amount of heart and yup, I got emotional at places. Definitely worth watching. It's a strong Father/Son movie.
    I agree, KFP is my fave DW flick which I first discovered on Blu, and I have a definite bias against DW films. So thanks for the review. I'll look forward to see KFP2.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Saw it at a drive-in last night, first time in decades I've been to see a movie in a drive-in. Went with a group of friend celebrating a birthday. Definitely the way to go if seeing any drive-in movie imo. The darker scenes in the film were harder to see on a drive-in movie screen. Besides that, I enjoyed it. Having seen its poor rating on RT and knowing about Disney taking a more James Bond approach to the story, i.e. self-contained adventure, I drove in with lower expectations. I hope they keep making more if they're as entertaining as this was.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Saw this on Saturday with parents. In my thoughts, I actually liked Penelope Cruz much better than I did Keira Knightly (although I thought she meh). If anything, the 3D really isn't worth it (even with the mermaid scene). Ian McShane did a great job as Blackbeard, and Geoffrey Rush is always fun to watch. The problem I have with the movie is that some of the humor fell a little flat for me. There were some parts I laughed but overall it was bland and kind of corny.

Overall, the movie was...meh. It might grow on me later, and I'm actually really GLAD they shortened it this time, but still...meh.

• Minion

If you count the Midnight premiere as thursday night, then I saw Pirates 3 out of 4 days opening weekend... Midnight premiere, then next day for free in IMAX 3D at about 11pm, and again last night.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Infinitized!

From my DVD collection...

The Departed - saw it before but forgot the story. Excellent movie.

Rental...

The Rite - Pretty good. One of the better exorcism movies. Was in the theater here for a short time so I wonder if it caused some controversy or something.

Hoping to catch Bridesmaids tonight and Pirates later in the week. Gotta watch all these movies in-between hockey games.

• Disneyland PAP

Tangled & Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - Forgot to mention in my earlier post that "Tangled" played after PotC:OST at the drive-in. Still just a great film to watch again and again. And tonight I rewatched the first PotC film. So much fun and now more interesting to watch so many years later, aware of what was expounded upon in its direct sequels.

• MiceChat Moderator

CARS -- I'm ready for the next one!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Bridesmaids- The movie was ehhh... The hot Irish dude was hot and Irishy-- very swoon worthy. John Ham was hilarious. But I've never had a physical reaction to a movie until this one...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Bridesmaids- The movie was ehhh... The hot Irish dude was hot and Irishy-- very swoon worthy. John Ham was hilarious. But I've never had a physical reaction to a movie until this one...
    Would you agree with rottentomatoes.com that it is better then Pirates 4?

I just got done watching Havoc starring Anne Hathaway.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th