Page 118 of 191 FirstFirst ... 186893108115116117118119120121128143168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2864

• Sock Puppet

Blog Entries

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Bridesmaids I thought it was hilarious!!! But I had a PHYSICAL reaction to it also. But the entire packed theatre couldnt stop laughing, the entire movie. From teenagers, to middle aged, to older folks. I loved seeing the age range enjoying such an insane comedy.

Pirates 4 It was awesome!!! My only let down was since I've always been such a huge pirate buff, Blackbeard has always been a favorite pirate of mine. And I was really excited for him to be in this movie. And I was let down by the performance. He wasn't a true Villian & ruthless and endlessly mean and awful- as he should be. He was the most feared pirate in history. I expected more. BUT everything else was marvelous!! The mermaids were so incredible!!! It was entertaining, funny, charming, action packed. And beautiful. Loved it.

• Infinitized!

Tonight at the theater:

Bridesmaids - Hilarious! Humour just like The Hangover. Stay for the first part of the credits, there are additional scenes. Big Bear Sandwich! Bwhahahaha...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I wish I could come in and tell you about PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES but the projector lamp blew out about an hour and half into the movie. Sigh. The theater, to their credit, refunded double tickets back. That was my second attempt in seeing this movie though so I'll need to make it a third at some point.

Here's some advice: don't do Imax. It's not even shot in IMAX so paying for that is unnecessary.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Here's some advice: don't do Imax. It's not even shot in IMAX so paying for that is unnecessary.
    Unless you got free coupons like from the blu-rays, and then just pay the few bucks difference. I did that with Tron Legacy.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Unless you got free coupons like from the blu-rays, and then just pay the few bucks difference. I did that with Tron Legacy.

Well Tron Legacy was actually built for IMAX, Pirates was not.

• MiceChat Moderator

THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER -- This is the third Narnia movie and much better than the 2nd one (Prince Caspian). It's also pretty annoying in the form of their cousin but its' like a Pirates of the Caribbean movie for kids.

DATE NIGHT -- Had some funny moments and I like the chemistry of Tina Fey and Steve Carell but it was a very odd vehicle for them to be in. I give it three out of five stars though. It's entertaining.

• Crazy Furry

I opted to see the midnight screening of Kung Fu Panda 2 over the Hangover part II, and I'm certainly glad I did.*

This is a knockout, easily the best sequel Dreamworks has ever done and quite possibly one of the best films they've done.

The story makes the smart move of expanding things instead of the sequal blunder of being a retread of things. The story is more personal, darker and in my opinion stronger then the first. It touches on a big issue fairly well.

As for new additions, Gary Oldman is a hoot as Lord Shen. By far a more sinister villian then Tai-Lung.

The animation was certainly improved, and I loved that they had more great 2D animation scenes...and they wern't just the opening and closing credits.

I did see it in 3D, and I felt it was used very well. Overall DW has a winner in their hands.

*=I did talk with a couple friends who decided to see Hangover pt. II instead, and their reports of it hammered down that I made the better choice tonight. According to their reports, while Kung Fu Panda 2 is a good example of how to do a sequel...apparently Hangover pt. II is a good example of how not to do a sequel.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray from my movie collection/library...

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
    Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

They look great in Blu. Had to watch them again even though I watched them last month on DVD.

And at the theater...

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Loved it. Simpler story. It reminded me a lot like Raiders of the Lost Ark, including the super natural climax at the end. There are four pirates I would like to see return in the next movie though: Cotton, Marty, and Pintel & Ragetti, oh, actually make that five, and Anamaria. Bring on Pirates 5 and 6, and more if they're up to it! I still got two free tickets, so I'll be seeing it on the IMAX screen in a few weeks when I make the move to Calgary.

• MiceChat Moderator

Again, I say it's not worth it on IMAX as it wasn't filmed in IMAX. At no point does it ever fill the entire screen. It's letterboxed the entire way. Save your IMAX tickets for something shot with IMAX cameras (transformers 3 perhaps?).

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Again, I say it's not worth it on IMAX as it wasn't filmed in IMAX. At no point does it ever fill the entire screen. It's letterboxed the entire way. Save your IMAX tickets for something shot with IMAX cameras (transformers 3 perhaps?).
    Can't use the tickets for anything else but Pirates as they are the ones that came with the Pirates Blu-Rays. If not IMAX, may check it out in 3D as I saw it in 2D this evening.

• Circle of Ancients

Hangover 2

If you didn't like the first one, don't bother with this one. If you liked the first one, you will like this one. If you LOVED the first one (as I did), you will probably just "like" this one.

You pretty much know what you are going to get. It's really a re-hash of the first one, in a different location and they amp it up to a WHOLE other level. So if you had 16-18 year old kids that liked the first one, I would say that this one is NOT for them. It takes it to an ENTIRELY different level.

Overall though, I'd say it was funny, had some laughs, but by the end, I was ready for it to be over if I'm being honest. It just felt like I had been there, done that before.

There were some surprises (that I won't ruin) but it's certainly worth seeing with a full theater because it IS funny.

I'd give it 3 1/2 out of 5.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Hangover 2

If you didn't like the first one, don't bother with this one. If you liked the first one, you will like this one. If you LOVED the first one (as I did), you will probably just "like" this one.

You pretty much know what you are going to get. It's really a re-hash of the first one, in a different location and they amp it up to a WHOLE other level. So if you had 16-18 year old kids that liked the first one, I would say that this one is NOT for them. It takes it to an ENTIRELY different level.

Overall though, I'd say it was funny, had some laughs, but by the end, I was ready for it to be over if I'm being honest. It just felt like I had been there, done that before.

There were some surprises (that I won't ruin) but it's certainly worth seeing with a full theater because it IS funny.

I'd give it 3 1/2 out of 5.
    Out of curiosity, how many stars would you give Pirates 4?

I just watched:

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl with writers commentary
    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest with writers commentary
    Pirates of the Caribbean: At worlds End why are there no audio commentaries for this movie? Did the recent re-release have any audio commentaries?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many stars would you give Pirates 4?
    I have not seen Pirates 4 and won't be until it's on DVD. Have absolutely NO desire to see it.

• MiceChat Moderator

I saw half of HANGOVER 2. I passed out during the 2nd half because I had too much to drink. Good news was, I was sober enough to drive home afterwards.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Would you agree with rottentomatoes.com that it is better then Pirates 4?

I just got done watching Havoc starring Anne Hathaway.
    I didn't see "Pirates 4." The 2nd and 3rd "Pirates" weren't that good, and I have no desire to see this one... I will say "Bridesmaids" gave me my most embarrassing moment ever. I was sipping on a soda, minding my own business, and suddenly the movie goes in the complete opposite direction as a chick flick should and I end up chocking (followed by more...my gut was following what was happening on screen). It was a bad night.