Page 120 of 186 FirstFirst ... 2070110117118119120121122123130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2779

• Disneyland PAP

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones - I pulled this DVD from my movie library and watched it last week. Seeing it again after being burned and burned out after Lucas's prequels, without the thrill of excitement that there's a new Star Wars film to watch that went with this film's debut, I can see so clearly now that it was written and squarely aimed for six year olds. I just never saw as clearly before than I can today. Kinda sad, but very enlightening.

Green Lantern - I told my friends last night I'd give it 3 out of 4, but since we tore it apart after the movie, I'd agree it probably only deserves 2.5 out of 4. Love the recent comic book stories, and this film pulled a lot from them and also changed some details too, for the better. The cast was great (Blake Lively was much, much better than I expected) and the effects were great too! (We chose not to see it in 3D.) As a huge DC Comics fan, I wish I could say it's the best superhero film I saw this summer, but that honor goes to X-Men: First Class for now. But my friends and I were thoroughly entertained, and a couple of us are thinking we'll see it again in theatres. We definitely felt it was much better than what critics are saying about it.

• Circle of Ancients

Green Lantern-I enjoyed this movie. I anticipated a lot of action which I love but the story line fell a little flat for me. Granted, I don't follow DC comics so the movie was based on how Hal Jordan became the Green Lantern. And also in these comics, the good guy always wins so it was really predictable. Peter Sarsgaard was a perfect villain. It was an entertaining movie and I see sequels in the future.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones - I pulled this DVD from my movie library and watched it last week. Seeing it again after being burned and burned out after Lucas's prequels, without the thrill of excitement that there's a new Star Wars film to watch that went with this film's debut, I can see so clearly now that it was written and squarely aimed for six year olds. I just never saw as clearly before than I can today. Kinda sad, but very enlightening.

Easily the worst Star Wars for me. Immediately after seeing the midnight show I said "this is bad" to the shock and horror of my friends, who knew me to be the biggest Star Wars dork they knew. My friend who was a casual fan, had read the novel and loved it and probably injected his extra knowledge into the scenes but it sure didn't work good enough as a movie by itself.

He has since changed his mind.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I had a lot of movies to watch over the past week, and here are some of them:

Green Lantern- I saw this in theaters on Friday, and wow, what a disappointment. Being someone who reads the comics this was just...what? Ryan Reynolds is a horrible and I mean HORRIBLE Hal Jordan who was made bumbly, awkward, and stupid instead of being serious, dry-humored, wreckless, and troubled. The special effects were OK, but there was way too much exposition.

ON DVD:

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights- This was OK considering it was an animated movie from DC, but eve I was troubled a little bit by it. Sure it will grow on me, but there was some contradictions.

Despicable Me- I love this movie. It's amazing, and it gets better wiht every viewing.

• MiceChat Moderator

THE ROCKETEER -- On the big screen again, I love this movie. I love the dialogue. I love the look. I love the score. I love it.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    THE ROCKETEER -- On the big screen again, I love this movie. I love the dialogue. I love the look. I love the score. I love it.
    Was that at the El Cap? Any news about a Blu-Ray release?

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Was that at the El Cap? Any news about a Blu-Ray release?

Yep! Nope! Steve Clark of D23 took the microphone before the movie started and expressed his own hopes to see a blu-ray. I dunno if he's alluding to something he knows about coming soon or if he was just expressing his own wants like the rest of us.

• secure all cargo

X-Men: First Class. [PSEUDO-SPOILERS] I liked it enough based on the final half of the movie starting with the part where they began training, but I admit that overall I was disappointed. For all his screen time, I really felt Xavier was underwritten. Although Mystique was a better developed part, Jennifer Lawrence fell kinda flat (I'm sure she deserved her Oscar nom, but her performance here just didn't work for me). The themes of tolerance, integration, identity, and so forth are honestly getting a bit repetitive, they're simply acting them out with either different characters or younger versions of familiar characters. I think maybe because I have never felt that invested in the series (despite enjoying each film including 3 and 4) I did not find much of the origin stories that interesting beyond learning who paralyzed Xavier. On top of that, the much-hinted at cameo was so cool, right after it played out I realized why I wasn't into the movie - I basically missed Wolverine. He was the reason the other films worked for me. That's not a good reason to criticize the current film, but there it is.

Super 8. Loved it. The kids are all great and play off each other well. The alien was a bit standard issue, but the Jaws-like way of handling his scenes made him genuinely scary anyway. I really appreciate the slower pacing of the storytelling and how it gives us plenty of character hints without revealing everything at once. The obvious tribute old-school Spielbergian film making has me thinking "they don't make 'em like they used to." I am getting old.

Armed and Dangerous. It was on TV, nothing else was on, and I was bored are the only reasons I can think of why I watched this again. I saw it in the theaters when it first came out and didn't think much of it then. Seeing it again, I think they were trying to do something like Beverly Hills Cop which came out a couple years before. John Candy, who in various comedic roles has given glimpses of how great a dramatic actor he can be, for the most part until the finale plays a standard wise-cracking 80's cop (ex cop actually) with a lot of one liners and even a fight scene that under a different director might have been effective. Too bad.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Green Lantern -

While I enjoyed Ryan Reynolds in this, the rest of the movie was a let down. I thought the CG was awful - terribly fake looking and didn't impress me at all. Everything seemed second or third rate. I didn't care about the characters. I couldn't help but feel like it was aimed toward a much younger crowd - like 10-13yr. old boys. Both X-Men and Thor greatly exceeded this movie in quality and appeal. This was our first disappointment of the summer movies we've seen.

Jane Eyre -

Michael Fassbender, who played Magneto in this summer's X-Men, took on another troubled character role as Mr. Rochester in the classic Jane Eyre. He was brilliant in both roles, but perhaps a little more intense in this film. Mia Wasikowska, in the title role, also gave a devoted performance. Jamie Bell and Judi Dench also star. The film is darker and moodier than some of the previous versions of Jane Eyre. The filmmakers took a few liberties in the story telling but that is to be expected. If you are someone who enjoys the classics, like Jane Austen and Shakespeare, this movie is not to be missed.

Kung Fu Panda 2 -

This was a fantastic sequel that left me and my family excited about a possible 3rd installment. We have enjoyed Po's journey and want to see where it takes him next (especially after those last couple minutes of the movie).

I've already posted a couple of times on here (movie forums) about how much we enjoyed Pirates 4. We are hoping to see it again for the 2nd time soon. We're also planning on taking in Cars 2 sometime in the next couple of weeks.

• Infinitized!

Saw a bunch:
    At the theater:

Jane Eyre - pretty good period movie.

Super 8 - Great movie. Lots of fun. Definitely feels like Spielberg's earlier movies fromt he 80s.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (in 3D) - Second time seeing it, this time in 3D. Still had a couple tickets from the Blu-Rays of the first three movies so used them up. Still lots of fun the second time around. Will definitely pick this one up on Blu-Ray in the fall. Bring on more pirates!

And on DVD from my collection:
    After seeing X-Men: First Class, wanted to rewatch the previous 4
    X-Men
    X2: X-Men United (wished they'd call this X-Men rather than X2)
    X-Men: The Last Stand
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    Despite the flack the 3rd and 4th movies get, I still enjoy them more than Spiderman 3 and the Fantastic Four movies. The only thing that bugs me is the minor inconcistencies between Origins and Wolverine (i.e. how Charles ends up paralyzed, good explanation in First Class, but was walking in Wolverine). Would be nice if Disney was successul in th future to get the rights to all these movies and maybe have a Marvel Universe Avengers/X-Men crossover movie.

• Minion

On DVD:

Red Riding Hood (2011)
    Piranha (2010)
    Fantastic Mr Fox
    The Wizard of Oz
    Footloose (original, I don't want to see the new one at all)

In Theater:

Green Lantern (much better then I expected?)
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Circle of Ancients

Super 8

Absolutely loved it. As others have said, definitely has that ET/Close Encounters/Goonies feel to it. Probably my favorite movie of 2011 so far. Granted, I haven't seen too many yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Super 8

Absolutely loved it. As others have said, definitely has that ET/Close Encounters/Goonies feel to it. Probably my favorite movie of 2011 so far. Granted, I haven't seen too many yet.
    Agreed! Super 8 is far and away my favorite film of 2011, followed closely by Midnight in Paries and X-Men: First Class

Yancy

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Super 8

The only thing that bugged me about Super 8 was the train crash sequence. J.J. should've taken a physics course. A puck-up truck won't take out a freight train. The freight train would obliterate the pick-up truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    The only thing that bugged me about Super 8 was the train crash sequence. J.J. should've taken a physics course. A puck-up truck won't take out a freight train. The freight train would obliterate the pick-up truck.
    Actually there was a train derailment last month in Chicago involving a collision with a relatively small delivery truck, and this was at relatively low speed. One of the passenger trains derailed and some 26 people went to the hospital. Additionally trains travelling at excessive speeds can often derail themselves. I think the suggestion in the film is that the train is clearly trveling at an unsafe speed and the collision with the truck causes a catostophic derailment... Now obviously in real life you would not have cars flying in every direction, exploding around our heroes... so maybe some dramatic license was taken ;-)

Yancy