Page 121 of 196 FirstFirst ... 217196111118119120121122123124131146171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2926

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

Cars 2

LOVED IT!!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

CARS 2 -- I liked it enough having been a big fan of the first. It's currently not as good as the first one as it also suffers from the same kinds of pacing problems but it'll probably become another one of those movies I watch over and over again.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Cars 2. Fun, Fun, and Fun
    "Keep moving forward" Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

The Dilemma

Sucked

Hall Pass

Sucked

Both had great potential, at least IMO. But both fell horridly flat and were totally un-funny.

Going to see Transformers later ... not looking forward to it, but my son doesn't like Fireworks and it's my year to miss them and stay with him. It was either Transformers or Green Lantern ... something tells me I would have lost either way.

Saw Larry Crowne over the holiday weekend. I love Tom Hanks, I like Julia Roberts, but...nope. Just couldn't get behind this movie. I wanted to like it, but it was too fluffy and silly and just forced-quirky. Before that, I saw Cars 2 in IMAX 3D, but as much as it looked great, and as much as I love a lot of Pixar movies, I didn't really enjoy it that much. The action was cool, and I liked Michael Caine, but I'm just not a big Mater fan.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

• MiceChat Moderator

NO STRINGS ATTACHED -- This has got to be Ivan Reitman's finest film in AGES. I mean a REALLY LONG TIME. It was watchable, entertaining, and even remotely heart-warming.

• "Always On The Move..."

Cars 2 in 3D. REALLY enjoyed it. I'm a huge Mater fan, so the film really worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• secure all cargo

The Producers. Pretty funny. Gene Wilder is one of the best comic actors ever. It had to have been hard to get it made, the premise and the jokes are so politically incorrect.

Risky Business. Wasn't sure what to expect from this, the plot doesn't seem that appealing to me, but it's got like 98% fresh so I checked it out. Well, it's easy to see why Tom Cruise became so popular after this, it really was a star-making performance full of both youthful vulnerability and charisma. It's directed with a lot of style. The story is actually pretty interesting because the characters give it sort of an American Beauty or The Graduate kind of vibe. It's not at all like your typical 80's teen sex comedy.

Gone Baby Gone. Wow, I really liked this one. I seriously like Ben Affleck the director and I really look forward to his next one. I probably liked The Town just a bit better, but that's no reflection on Gone. I think Gone has the more challenging story, a bit more ambiguity and open-endedness, less likable characters. Every performance is spot on.

Wheels On Meals. I've seen this a couple times now. While I'm not a fan of the dubbing, I haven't been able to see it in the original language yet. In my opinion, an OK film for Jackie Chan. The main highlights are getting to see the 3 "brothers" play off each other, and of course the great fight between Jackie and Benny "The Jet" that a lot of fans seem to regularly cite as one of his best fight scenes ever. It's a pretty raw fight.

• Disneyland PAP

Edward Scissorhands - Only my second time seeing this. It played at an outdoor film fest last weekend. Really enjoyed it, Depp's first time working with Burton. He's so innocent. And one of Burton's best!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 - Midway through it now. Wished I'd made time to watch Half-Blood Prince first. But just a refresher before my two screenings of Part 2 I have tickets for!

• secure all cargo

Cars. I really like this film. I'm not into auto mechanics or racing at all, but I just loved how they created a parallel universe in which people were cars. The bombardment of references to car culture, NASCAR, road trips, and vacations are really clever. Falling asleep at the wheel, asking for directions, all of that was just hilarious. The amount of detail in the animation of the I-40, the shadows of your car reaching out across the plains then suddenly close up on the face of a cliff against the shoulder, the hypnotic bobbing up and down of the telephone lines, just so reminds me of the many car trips I took with my family as a kid. As far as the story, I loved both Lightning McQueen's and Doc Hudson's respective journeys. It's another instance of Pixar taking a fairly recycled plot, giving it a new spin, and telling it well.

Cars 2
    . It pains me to say this, but it was just an OK movie for me. I do think critics have been a bit harsh on the film in general, yet on the other hand, I can't say I disagree with the criticisms I've read since seeing it. As I was watching the movie, it slowly became clear this was Mater's film, not Lightning McQueen's. Even the full cast list in the end credits gives Larry The Cable Guy top billing. To me making Mater's emotional journey the main plot point was it's biggest downfall. Watching Mater's story was on some level like watching an Ernest P. Worrell film (and I have sat through an entire Ernest film years ago). You could title it "Ernest Saves The Grand Prix." You know, I liked Mater in the first film, and Cars 2 even inspired me to put Mater's shorts in the Netflix queue, but I just didn't expect nor particularly enjoy an entire 2 hours with him while the more interesting character Lightning McQueen went about oblivious to the more dire proceedings. It's telling that I found the spy scenes less engaging than the truly inspired race scenes. Those scenes were absolutely incredible, beautifully shot, exciting angles, emotionally involving, amazingly detailed, etc, etc, etc. Wow.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. One of the worst reviewed movies of the past several years, but it was on TV, and I like Kristen Kreuk in Smallville. Yeah, the writing is really terrible. But being filmed on location in Bangkok gave it a really good look, and most importantly the fight scenes are actually pretty good. Because they seem to make a point of having her face the camera often, you can tell she does most of her own extended fighting sequences and wire work, and that's what always makes these kinds of movies cool.

Melody Time. My kids first time watching it. Didn't have time to see the Pecos Bill segment, but they loved the rest of it. It's my favorite of the Disney "package" films.

• Minion

I just got back from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2... EPIC!!!
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

I saw Cars 2 today. I liked it, not as much as Cars, but it was still a good movie.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Shifting cargo

The Piano. I can't believe I'd never seen this movie before. I'd seen it in my Netflix Instant Queue Suggestions but I always passed it up. A great movie with beautiful music, romance, and performances. NOT intended for kids. Very sexually explicit, but a beautiful movie.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    The Piano. I can't believe I'd never seen this movie before. I'd seen it in my Netflix Instant Queue Suggestions but I always passed it up. A great movie with beautiful music, romance, and performances. NOT intended for kids. Very sexually explicit, but a beautiful movie.

ADDED TO MY QUEUE!

HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE -- Haven't seen it since it was in theaters so I decided to give my DVD a whirl. Man, they're so young!

WINNIE THE POOH -- Poor Winnie the Pooh. You were given the respect you finally deserved in having your own self-titled movie and it is beautiful, funny, and so worth watching. It's a shame Disney stuck you out there to battle wizards and robots and captain americas.

Honestly, guys. I love this movie so much. I laughed from beginning to end (and I mean all the way after the credits end) and hope to catch it again. The music and score are also very lovely. It really is a gem that deserves to be seen.

The short THE BALLAD OF NESSIE in front of Winnie the Pooh is also a great little short in the style of Casey at the Bat and the like. Beautiful 2D animation.

The last movie I saw Fast five the great action movie of the Vin Diesel and
    Rock. The performance of the both actors is awesome in the movie.