Page 122 of 193 FirstFirst ... 227297112119120121122123124125132147172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2883

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS and HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN -- Year 2 is alright and Year 3 is probably my favorite one although I don't care for the fact that they start dressing like sloppy teenagers. And... I really prefer Richard Harris' portrayal as Dumbledore over Michael Gambon.

HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE -- Lack of John Williams music makes this one feel a tad more forgettable. Still decent I suppose but everyone is so dang moody, it was getting on my nerves.

....and that was the last one I bought. Gonna have to rent the rest.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

At the theater...

Cars 2 - I really enjoyed it. Sure it wasn't Pixar's best, but I liked it. This one's heavy on sight gags. Will require a second viewing when it hits blu-ray. This was my first time back to the theater after about a month. Got some catching up to do. Still haven't seen Green Lantern, Transformers or Harry Potter.

On DVD...

Dances With Wolves - Last Thursday I saw Kevin Costner & Modern West perform at the Calgary Stampede, so I felt like revisiting Kevin's best movie. Still great after all these years. Beautiful score. Beautiful cinematography.

• secure all cargo

The Incredibles. They're showing one Pixar film a night this week on the Disney Channel with very limited commercial interruptions, so I caught The Incredibles a couple nights ago. Still my favorite superhero and favorite Pixar film. Was hoping to catch Ratatouille as I don't own that one, but I got too busy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    At the theater...

Cars 2 - I really enjoyed it. Sure it wasn't Pixar's best, but I liked it. This one's heavy on sight gags. Will require a second viewing when it hits blu-ray. This was my first time back to the theater after about a month. Got some catching up to do. Still haven't seen Green Lantern, Transformers or Harry Potter.

On DVD...

Dances With Wolves - Last Thursday I saw Kevin Costner & Modern West perform at the Calgary Stampede, so I felt like revisiting Kevin's best movie. Still great after all these years. Beautiful score. Beautiful cinematography.

I love Dance With Wolves, from the story to the beautiful cinematography, and of course the score by the great John Barry...

I still cry every time 2 Socks... ={

• Circle of Ancients

Captain America: The First Avenger

I thought it was very good. Probably not the best of the Marvel movies, but it's up there and a GREAT set-up to the Avengers next year.

Make sure you stay through the credits. Not sure why people still leave these movies right when the credits roll, haven't they learned by now?

Also saw a preview for John Carter ... looks very cool.
    Last edited by sir clinksalot; 07-23-2011 at 04:49 PM.

• secure all cargo

Captain America: The First Avenger. Maybe not the best of the Avenger films, but I liked it a lot. Maybe the character wasn't as interesting as the other characters to date like Iron Man, Hulk, & Thor, and there were stretches in the middle where I found nothing particularly special about the action. All that said, the film is watchable for the way it captures the wartime era especially the war bond scenes and the art direction, the ending is flag-waving patriotic, and the performances are all great, especially Tommy Lee Jones. And for me at this point, these films have become all about how they are leading up to the Avengers film anyway, so the subtle and not-so-subtle tie-ins are all really fun.

• MiceChat Moderator

HAROLD & KUMAR GO TO WHITE CASTLE -- I love this movie. Still funny even after multiple viewings.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Agreed. I never did see the 2nd one. Any good?

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    The 2nd one was pretty good. The scene where they drop into George Dubya's house was great.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Not as good but has some decent laughs.

• Disneyland PAP

Captain America: The First Avenger - Really enjoyed it! More fun and adventuresome than Thor and X-Men: First Class, tho' X-Men's a much classier, smarter film than I expected. Really good pacing; great script. I was a little unsatisfied with the ending tho' (not the after-credit tag). I told my friends that that ending made the entire film seem like a prequel film than a stand-alone. But they expected that ending, so I guess I'm just being nitpicky.

So here's how I'd rank this summer's superhero movies, in a very subjective way, of course.

Tie
    1. Captain America: The First Avenger (all out fun adventure, great cast all around)
    1. X-Men: First Class (classier tone than the Cap, really clever script)
    3. Green Lantern (just barely better than Thor, but purely because I'm a DC fan )
    4. Thor (fine film, but when it was over, felt kinda eh)

Gonna watch Cowboys and Aliens this weekend. While is based on a comic book, it wouldn't be on this list because it's not a superhero movie.

Captain America. sooooo good!!! Ladies, Chris Evans is the most beautiful man you will ever see. no joke
    Me and my friends also stayed until after the credits for the preview of the Avengers. It looks awesome!!! Definately a must-see
    "Disneyland is a show."
    -Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

SPOILER AHEAD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    Captain America: The First Avenger - Really enjoyed it! More fun and adventuresome than Thor and X-Men: First Class, tho' X-Men's a much classier, smarter film than I expected. Really good pacing; great script. I was a little unsatisfied with the ending tho' (not the after-credit tag). I told my friends that that ending made the entire film seem like a prequel film than a stand-alone. But they expected that ending, so I guess I'm just being nitpicky.
    Not sure who didn't see that ending coming, they had to get him into the same time-frame as the other Avengers somehow.

Plus the beginning of the movie kind of revealed what time period it was (with the lasers and stuff)

• Not on the Jedi Council

At Comic-Con I was fortunate enough to see Cowboys & Aliens. A good, solid B movie. The story was the right shape, and it was fun.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Good to hear.

Saw Harry Potter 7.2 again yesterday (3rd time). Still so good, I'd go see it again today.