Page 123 of 192 FirstFirst ... 237398113120121122123124125126133148173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2880

• Minion

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

I just got back from seeing Cowboys and Aliens, there was less the 10 people in the audience (although it was the 10:50 pm showing). I loved the movie itself (not enough to see it in the theater again, but I'll be looking for the DVD around the Holidays). But the commercials all looked like really, really bad movies: War Horse, Final Destination 5, and I can't even remember the rest cause they were that bad.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Circle of Ancients

Rango

Absolutely Horrid. Boring, not funny and it just seemed like everybody "Dialed it in" on their voice performances.

The Source Code

Very cool movie, very cool concept and very enjoyable.

So funny you mention Rango, sir clinksalot. My wife and I watched it this weekend; she got bored pretty quickly--once you start questioning how an armadillo with a tire track through it can keep up its half of a conversation, you're not on board. I thought it was...odd, to say the least. I appreciated a lot of the references to movies like Chinatown and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but I'm willing to guess most kids would be lost there. Once the actual story got moving, it was pretty rote. I thought Depp's performance was enjoyable, but the others were all just lifeless.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

• Greetings, Program!

"Captain America" from Rocketeer director Joe Johnston. Great flick - fun and fast as The Rocketeer was. Great summer film.

Stay till past the end credits, of course.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I personally loved RANGO.

Also saw CAPTAIN AMERICA and thought it was "alright". Definitely felt like the villain wasn't used to it's max potential as I never felt a sense of urgency about him and his plans. But it was entertaining enough and required viewing for Marvel fans.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

Finally got out to the theater tonight and saw...

Captain America - Lotsa fun! Really enjoyed it. I like comic-book inspired movies that take place in the 20s, 30s and 40s like Rocketeer, Dick Tracy, and Sky Captain. I have to agree with Coheteboy's comment, Red Skull could've been "fleshed-out" a bit more (no pun intended). Looking forward to the Avengers. I'm tempted to see Thor again. Right now it's playing at the second-run theater so I may go see it again.

Hoping to catch Transformers next week. The theater I go to is playing it in just 3D this week, but next week they are switching to 2D.

• MiceChat Moderator

COWBOYS & ALIENS -- Wow, this was a pretty terrible movie.

• secure all cargo

The past couple weeks I rewatched all 7 Harry Potter films before going to see the current film. Each one is so rich in detail it was nice to remember a lot of things I'd forgotten and be able to tie all the pieces together from one film to another. Never read the books.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    . Still gets flak for being a "kid's movie", but I just love the sense of wonder it still has.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    . Even if it has my two least liked characters (Dobby and Myrtle) I like this movie now better than I remember then. The spider attack is great.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    . I really liked this the first time I saw it but couldn't see why it was so many people's favorite. But seeing it again I have to admit it has the most directorial flair of the 8 films.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    . I still think there's something wrong with a school that deliberately selects 3 students to put them in situations that play with their lives, but it's still very exciting.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    . I really like where they take Harry's emotional arc, how moody and cranky he has become (even though we find out in film 8 it's not just because of teen angst and the return of you know who). The whole father-figure scene with Sirius is nicely done.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    . I kind of waver back and forth on this, but I think this one may be my favorite of the 8 films. For me it has the perfect blend of the warmth of Hogwarts, the building chemistry of the 3 leads, and the impending darkness to come.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
    . The first time I saw this I was somewhat disappointed by how bleak it felt. Now, having rewatched the preceding films all in a row and remembering things I'd forgotten, the context really helps me appreciate so much more what was going on here. I think I just needed to feel reinvested in everything before seeing this. Much better film than I initially gave it credit for.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
    . This final film really just makes the whole series seem epic. I actually wanted a bit more from several of the conclusive scenes, but I think I was so into the characters by this point I was all choked up anyway. I saw this one several days ago and I'm still thinking about it. Great great series. For me it's up there with Lord of the Rings.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    . I really liked this the first time I saw it but couldn't see why it was so many people's favorite. But seeing it again I have to admit it has the most directorial flair of the 8 films.
    Exactly.

• Infinitized!

At the 2nd-run theater...

Thor - 2nd time seeing it. Still a fun movie. Since the cube appeared in this one and Cap, will it get an explanation in Avengers? Looking forward to next summer.

I think up next for me will be Transformers finally. I missed Green Lantern, but both 2nd run theaters here in Calgary got it playing so maybe I'll catch that one in a week or two.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Saw the Help last week for a free preview. Having never read the book, I didn't know much beyond the commercials, but a truly wonderful movie! NNL had read the book and loved it as well!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I saw Captain America over the weekend. It was fun, to be sure, but as someone who's not too familiar with the character in the Marvel comics, I was a little baffled at some of the minor details. Enjoyable, but nothing incredibly remarkable. I think I liked Thor a bit better.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Great great great summer movie. Awesome prequel and very well-done. James Franco was solid and the story was amazing. But after seeing some of the other movies I couldn't help but feel they contradicted the universe.

• MiceChat Moderator

THE TOURIST -- YAWWWWNN

BROTHERS -- Pretty intense film. Tobey Maguire, Natalie Portman, Jake Gylenhaal star. Kind of a downer but good performances.

• Infinitized!

At the theater...

Green Lantern - I enjoyed it! Of course it's not as good as Nolan's Batmans, but I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to a sequel.

Gonna catch Transformers next weekend.