Page 124 of 191 FirstFirst ... 247499114121122123124125126127134149174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2858

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: The "What Movie Did You Just See?" thread RELOADED

HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX -- I musta been asleep when I saw this in the theaters the first time because I didn't remember any of this. All I remember was Harry teaching the other kids some defense tricks. THAT'S IT. Well, glad I rewatched it because it's certainly better than I remember. And to be completely honest, had forgotten why it was even called "order of the phoenix". Haha ready for the next one now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX -- I musta been asleep when I saw this in the theaters the first time because I didn't remember any of this. All I remember was Harry teaching the other kids some defense tricks. THAT'S IT. Well, glad I rewatched it because it's certainly better than I remember. And to be completely honest, had forgotten why it was even called "order of the phoenix". Haha ready for the next one now.
    Let me guess, watched it when it was on TV the other night? I did too. But I realized how much I can't stand watching movies broadcast on TV anymore - too many commercials.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Let me guess, watched it when it was on TV the other night? I did too. But I realized how much I can't stand watching movies broadcast on TV anymore - too many commercials.
    Oh, I never do that anymore! I rented the Blu Ray!

THE LOVELY BONES -- Peter Jackson's film about a 14 year-old's murder is probably the most depressing thing I've seen in a good long while. So I guess the performances and editing were all perfected for turning me into an absolute mess. I need to go to the store to restock my ice cream supply tomorrow.

• Senior Minion

RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
    Bloody brilliant! Best movie I have seen in a long time.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Here's an odd one, but my wife was curious and rented The Hunchback of Notre Dame II. I don't watch the direct-to-DVD sequels too much...OK, not at all. But when I saw that the first film's cast was back, I thought that maybe it wouldn't be too bad. Suffice to say, I was wrong. The animation is cheaper than I'd expected, the story is just plain boring, and the songs are...well, I remember that there WERE songs, but I don't remember what they are.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

• ...is busy, please hold.

FRIGHT NIGHT

Suffice to say a well needed nudge in the right direction, the vampire is a predatorial monster not a moppy dreamboat. Still the comatose script(and a unused Toni Collette) ruins any prevalence into its genre; this is another dumb remake. But unlike others of this ilk, there are creative highpoints nestled within the 3D spaltter and gore. 5.5/10
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Circle of Ancients

Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus

My love for cheesy SyFy movies knows no bounds, and this one was great. It featured Jaleel White (Urkel) and it was cheesy as ever. My one disappointment was that Urkel never said his "Did I do that" line.

Priest

I really wanted to like this, I think I kind of did? I found it pretty boring for the most part though. I realize this is/was supposed to be the first in a series, but if you don't get people invested enough in the first movie, they aren't coming back for more. I think the film makers were concentrating too hard on making it a series of movies rather than just "a" good movie.

Fright Night

Neither my wife nor I have seen the original (and we wisely avoided seeing this in 3D--it's a very dark movie, literally), but we really enjoyed this. Colin Farrell was a lot of fun as "the shark from Jaws," according to one of the other characters. The movie wasn't perfect, but it was as enjoyable and entertaining as I hoped it would be.

Attack the Block

This one's playing in a more limited release, but it's an exciting, funny, and scary movie about teenage gang members fighting off aliens in a London project. It's worth seeking out if it's playing near you, I think.
    Check out the Mousterpiece Cinema podcast on iTunes, on Twitter, on Facebook, or on the show's blog!

• Infinitized!

At the theater...

Captain America - 2nd time seeing it. Still fun.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - In IMAX 3D! Finally got around to seeing it. Great movie! Sad to see it end though, even though it could continue... Looked awesome on the IMAX screen. The 3D is much better than on the smaller screens.

Hoping to finally see Transformers tomorrow. Was going to see it tonight, but the time slot didn't work out for me, so saw HP instead.

• I'm not really here

Captain America. What a great, fun movie. Just a fun fun time. The effects were really amazingly well done and they did a great job keeping them to being a part of the story, not just there to show off. Perfect humor throughout and some phenomenal actors.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Captain America. What a great, fun movie. Just a fun fun time. The effects were really amazingly well done and they did a great job keeping them to being a part of the story, not just there to show off. Perfect humor throughout and some phenomenal actors.
    Definitely good humor. Loved the flag pole scene, and, fondue! Bring on Avengers!

• Infinitized!

On Blu-Ray...

The Fox and the Hound 30th Anniversary Edition - Picture is a lot better than the previous release. However, I'm not too keen on it being packaged with its direct-to-video sequel. There's not too many bonus features, and they're spread-out over the Blu-Ray and the two DVDs.

• Infinitized!

At the theater...

Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Finally saw it today. It was OK. The first one was still the best in the series. I think this one suffered from the same flaws Revenge of the Fallen had:quick, fast-paced editing, hyperactive acting from the actors (Did Bay feed 'em espresso everyday on the set?). When I saw Mr. Chow, I was waiting for him to jump naked on some guy or end up in a freezer. And when Buzz showed up, I was half expecting him to punch Optimus in the face.And why did they make Leonard Nimoy quote lines from Star Trek? (i.e. "the needs of the many..."). It felt like all the acting talent they had went to waste. Definitely could've been better. Now I want to see a reboot with Christopher Nolan at the helm.

• My prices are INSANE!

Just finished watching the original version of Star Wars on DVD. YES the 1977 version WITHOUT the CGI crap in it. Han DID shoot the first and ONLY shot!
    Great to see the original version again that I remembered watching in the theater back in 1977.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• MiceChat Moderator

HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE -- This is the one that I forgot the most of. And now I really know why. It's kind of the most boring one even though some significant events happen in this. It seems to just go with the motions doesn't it? And.. I REALLY miss John Williams' music. The last few scores have been near identical to each other. Just the same "oooh fun strings" cues.